**Likely** September 2002 Interviews Tracker - Chennai Consulate

hi mathodram congratulations

looks like everybody who had case sent by nvc till 6/20 made it to august, so if yours is sent on 7/17 which is next mailing day, you should be with us

hi navraj

wait till end of month and then send them a email with case number and address to send packet four

hotels..

congrats mathodram. hopefully we all will be in sept.

rekhak, I was in madras last year for my wife's H4, but that was dropbox. I have collected a few experiences from this board over time, and I shall post some detailed ones on a website we can all look up - that' will save us the trouble of searching old posts.

immihelp recommends some hotels, btw. would be useful.

staying closer to consulate helps.

autos and all are still the same, they will try to bleed you if you dunno enough tamil. I studied in madras, but my tamil very bad, so no good. Only thing is convert it all into $$ and it becomes a bit more palatable, sadly :)

There is this _pay_taxi now which is really maruti vans you can call and order like a cab here, and pretty prompt from my last experience. auto people dont like them, since htey have a fixed rate and do not charge above that, and are generally convenient. use them when needed.

I shall look up my collection of experiences and make another post later on. Anyone from Madras here, please comment and correct me then.

immunizations in chennai

Hi,

i saw on these posts to avoid Dr.Mathai Thomas, since he likes to give immunization to all people. Do you guys have any idea about the other three usha shriram, vijaylakshmi or rajkumar? I would like to avoid vaccinations in India, since I have already suffered all these diseases (measles, mumps, rubella), have had dpt vaccinations and got hepatitis vaccine, however i dont have any documentation for any of these

how is the season for air tickets during mid-september? are you guys keeping tickets on hold or waiting till you get interview confirmation?

I think british, emirates, air india via bombay, lufthansa, singapore and malaysian fly to madras, is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks

I am on too. I am SSK on CPTracker.

My case reached the Chennai Consulate on July 3.

Hey Sanjna, I did hear that Vijayalakshmi is a better doc. I dont know about the others but typically, the doc should take a sample of your blood testing for vaccinations you are already innoculated for.

About the hotels, there is the hotel President which is about 15 minutes away. It is pretty decent and close to the beach too - take a dive after your CP - the water isnt bad at all.

About the commute, someone mentioned the Call Taxi. They are right. Its pt-to-pt and all you have to do is call them 1/2 an hr before you want to leave. I will get the number. I will pass you guys my contact info in Madras later.

-SSK

Last edited by a moderator:
blood test is not for immunization

the blood tests they do at lister is just your HIV test for Aids, liver, kidney and blood count. You have an option of checking your blood work here regarding immunization status and that is elective, however some of the doctors there dont accept these reports

Medical Examination at Chennai

From what I have read in these forums, Dr. Vijayalakshmi and Dr. Rajkumar are both good. They accept all immunization records, including blood work (antibody test) to show immunization. Dr. Mathai has a bad reputation of not accepting immunization records.

As to hotels, I have no idea :)

case sent on 07/10

atlast my case has been forwarded by NVC on 7/10 to Chennai
..NVC receive date: 6/4
review date: 7/3
forwarded case to chennai on: 7/10

expecting Sep interview.
listed as "ML" in cptracker.com

Maruthi

Manish, Rekhak

Sent an e-mail to Chennai Consulate assuming they might have received electronic notification of the review ( review done on 7/10)

The reply says "We have not received your case here as yet" with no hint on the probable month of interview.

Does it mean they were not electronically notified ? Rekhak, I noticed that they replied to you (sept/oct) even before NVC sent the case.

Let me know what you guys think.

my guess

hi mathodram,

my guess? a different service rep possibly.

however, neither me nor rekhak ( correct me if I am wrong) have heard anything about our case being received there ( as file). They gave us dates based on whatever info we provided about NVC. in my case, also asked to provide them with a local address.

I have heard NVC uses DHL to send cases. so I would assume they are physically in Chennai. I am not sure how long it takes for them to enter the case.

Anyone planning to send another email asking if the file was received?

hi mathodram

manish is right, i sent them a message with my case number and details about approval and asked them if my interview would be in august(heights of optimism)/september.... got a one liner interview probably in september/october. So i think it was based on the infromation I sent them

manish did you send your indian address to send packet four to them? did they ask you to send a locall address?

yes I sent a local address

the person who replied to my mail giving a possible date in Sept also told me to give a local address to them ( I had asked specifically about the P4, local address etc, although it was in in the FAQ). So I sent them it today, along with the local phone number - couriers need that there.

I should see if there's response from tomorrow.

mathodram,

Since your review was done 7/10/02, the next NVC mail date is 7/17/02 (Wednesday) ... that is assuming they follow that trend. So, if you ask Chennai on 7/18/02, they should have your case (electronic inf).

Call NVC tomorrow, and find out the status of your case. Let us know what they say.

Good luck!

sent local address to chennai

and they ackowledged. I should ask them in reply if thy got the file from NVC I guess. Anyone did that by email?

hi manish

they would not acknowledge unless they have the file physically there, so you are all set. I will send them an email tonight

hi rekhak

you are right, they replied to my mail saying the file has been received. so..

If I understand right, IRS 9003 is no longer needed, is it?

not sure about 9003

it is a simple form anyway, i think you may have to submit it at interview, should not take long to fill, just 4 questions, i am going to take it with me

as per my knowledge you need these additional forms
1. I-134
2. not sure if we need I-864 for our family if we are employment based case(i am probably going to fill up both these forms and take them)
3. 9003
4. ds230 part 1& 2 for all members of the family

i will also probably take the sailing permit from irs prior to departure in case i need it at port of exit

Re: not sure about 9003

Originally posted by sanjna

2. not sure if we need I-864 for our family if we are employment based case(i am probably going to fill up both these forms and take them)
3. 9003

I just got the P4 from MUmbai. It has no mention of IRS9003. It also says 'Evidence of financial support : an affadavit of support Form I-863 for all family based immigrants and I-134, a notorized offer of employment or evidence of your own assets for other immigrants"