**likely November 2002 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

chennai replied to mail

I too had sent an e-mail on the 16th and got a reply today on the 18th, so I guess maybe saradao you theory is correct.

I got a reply that the probable interview date could be in Nov.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview to be in November

:D

The following is the answer I got from Chennai US consulate today:

We have received your case and your appointment is
likely to be in November.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

What are my chances of November Interview?

Hi Ravi/Rkreddy,
NVC reviewed my case on 18th(Wednsday) September.
What are my chances of getting into November Interviews?
My details are below:
PD: 04/20/01
140AD: 03/26/02
P3NVC RD:06/03/02
NVC RD P3 From STLS:08/16/02
NVC Reviewd: 09/18/02

Thanks

Re: What are my chances of November Interview?

It all depends on when NVC sends your case to chennai....
Check with NVC next week and find out when they sent your case to chennai, and if it happens before 9/20, then you can expect a November interview.

all the best!

-Ravi
Originally posted by greenchennai
Hi Ravi/Rkreddy,
NVC reviewed my case on 18th(Wednsday) September.
What are my chances of getting into November Interviews?
My details are below:
PD: 04/20/01
140AD: 03/26/02
P3NVC RD:06/03/02
NVC RD P3 From STLS:08/16/02
NVC Reviewd: 09/18/02

Thanks

Re: Re: What are my chances of November Interview?

I agree with Ravi, it all depends when ur papers are sent to Chennai from NVC. Hope u also make it to Nov.
All the best.
RKReddy

Originally posted by RaviPK
It all depends on when NVC sends your case to chennai....
Check with NVC next week and find out when they sent your case to chennai, and if it happens before 9/20, then you can expect a November interview.

all the best!

-Ravi

send local-address to chennai

Sent an email to CHENNAI regarding the LOCALADDRESS FOR PACKET-4.

Reply from Chennai consulate is " ADDRESS NOTED FOR PACKET-4".

Thatz the latest-update.

probable-NOV folks(correct me if iam wrong)

1) Ravi PK
2) RK Reddy
3) kd6809
4) localMadras
5) saradao
6) Reeses

These folks got OCT-INTERVIEW (correct me if iam wrong)

chad12
GetGCNow
vsats
mothkuri

Nov Interview

Mine is probable for November. But i'm checking to see whether i can postpone it for december.

Always
Vsats

Re: send local-address to chennai

Hi localMadras and other folks,

Update from chennai consulate. Chennai received my P3 on 18th.. P3 sent to consulate by NVC on 17th!!!!!! I think it went electronically.... Follow me in cptracker as 'Ammu'. Interesting to see when my interview will be scheduled....

Originally posted by localmadras
Sent an email to CHENNAI regarding the LOCALADDRESS FOR PACKET-4.

Reply from Chennai consulate is " ADDRESS NOTED FOR PACKET-4".

Thatz the latest-update.

probable-NOV folks(correct me if iam wrong)

1) Ravi PK
2) RK Reddy
3) kd6809
4) localMadras
5) saradao
6) Reeses

These folks got OCT-INTERVIEW (correct me if iam wrong)

chad12
GetGCNow
vsats
mothkuri

P4 address update

I too sent a mail for the P4 local addres update. They sent the standard reply that address noted.

Yes I am hoping to get Nov interview since they even replied with that probability.

My CP tracker id is same as the id here.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is re-review

NVC received pkt-3 on 8/12. Checked today, and the agent said the case has been sent for re-review, no more details. Asked to check back after a week or 10 days. Does anybody know what re-review is?

Anyway, did not make it to november interview, hoping for december.

Re: what is re-review

this is the first-time iam hearing a RE-REVIEW "terminology"

Usually, after the 'official review is done', NVC will say, that "case will be FWD to chennai after administrative-procedures".

Usually there aint' any adminstrative procedures...

anybody else might have a better xplanation ,

feel sorry for you.

Re: what is re-review

Did you ask for any changes to your case , like Consulate change or some other such change. If you have requested anything new they might re-review it, like in my case I had request change in consulate.

I dont think you need to worry much, just keep enquiring just so that you know whats going on.

Originally posted by knp
NVC received pkt-3 on 8/12. Checked today, and the agent said the case has been sent for re-review, no more details. Asked to check back after a week or 10 days. Does anybody know what re-review is?

Anyway, did not make it to november interview, hoping for december.

Looks like this thread is going to be quiet for atleast few more weeks. Once we are in the 1/2nd week of Oct the activity on this thread should pick up.

Did any of you start on your paper work yet?
I still have to get tax transcripts and sailing permit from IRS.
I will probably do that in the 1st week of October.....
What about DOB certificates? I have a DOB certificate without my name on it, but I do have affidavits from my parents, and the same with my wife, she has non-availability certificate, and affidavits from her parents.

Are any of you thinking about tickets to India for November Interview?????

keeping the thread alive.......

-Ravi

Got our PCC

Got my PCC as well as my wife's . Only one hitch( if it can be called one) was that the name mentioned in the PCC letter for my wife is the married name which has been mentioned in the DS230 Part - 1 too. The passport actually has a stamping on one of the pages of the Married name which we got done from WDC Indian Consulate. So all the calrifications are documneted, but just wanted to know if anyone in the same boat if they have anything to say about this. Should I get another one which clearly mentions both the names maiden as well as married in the PCC letter ?.

I am waiting for my tax trascripts to arrive by post, which I got thorugh the IRS phone order. If I dont get it in time will consider going to the local IRS office.

Re: Got our PCC

kd6809,
Is there any national phone number for requesting tax transcripts? Can you explain what you did for this?

Originally posted by kd6809
Got my PCC as well as my wife's . Only one hitch( if it can be called one) was that the name mentioned in the PCC letter for my wife is the married name which has been mentioned in the DS230 Part - 1 too. The passport actually has a stamping on one of the pages of the Married name which we got done from WDC Indian Consulate. So all the calrifications are documneted, but just wanted to know if anyone in the same boat if they have anything to say about this. Should I get another one which clearly mentions both the names maiden as well as married in the PCC letter ?.

I am waiting for my tax trascripts to arrive by post, which I got thorugh the IRS phone order. If I dont get it in time will consider going to the local IRS office.

Re:IRS automated transcripts order

The IRS automated number is
1-800-829-1040 Menu options : 9 - 2
You can go to irs.gov too and find out more.

The automated system will prompt you to enter your SSN and street number to authenticate. Then you can press the year for which you need the trascripts, one at a time when it asks you( I asked for last three years i.e 1999, 2000, 2001). It will keep asking till you exit.
It takes 10 days for the transcripts to reach you, if you need it faster, the local IRS office can also issue them. For that you need to find out your local IRS office from the irs.gov site.

Originally posted by saradao
kd6809,
Is there any national phone number for requesting tax transcripts? Can you explain what you did for this?

Re: Re:IRS automated transcripts order

Thanks kd6809,
I was able to place request... Hopefully I may not need to visit any IRS office...

The IRS automated number is
1-800-829-1040 Menu options : 9 - 2
You can go to irs.gov too and find out more.

The automated system will prompt you to enter your SSN and street number to authenticate. Then you can press the year for which you need the trascripts, one at a time when it asks you( I asked for last three years i.e 1999, 2000, 2001). It will keep asking till you exit.
It takes 10 days for the transcripts to reach you, if you need it faster, the local IRS office can also issue them. For that you need to find out your local IRS office from the irs.gov site.

Documents and Nov tickets

I got mine and my wife's BC issued just this year. Mine was a real task , I got delayed by 2 months because of that. We have all the names as in Passport on the BC's , we have Marriage Certificate, all education related papers, PCC. Meanwhile my attorney prepared the Affidavit of support for my wife and child's sake. I need to notarize that just before leaving for India, since I have to wait for the latest pay stub and some bank documents giving an account of my account -:)) . Currently waiting for the Tax trascripts. I am not sure if we need the sailing permit. I do have all the W2s and 1040 filings but I guess the Tax transcript would be better just in case.

I have been shopping for Nov tickets to India and deals & seats seem to be available till Oct end travel. According to the agents we could wait and book if travellng in Oct. Nov too should be fine. But I guess if we gt Dec we are screwed.

silence

There is too much silence here.
When is the earliest we can call and ask Chennai about our Interviews. Any idea ??

I thought Oct 1st week itself should be fine. Since we need to arrange for the tickets at a very short notice.

Re: silence

I am hoping to call chennai after the 1st week of october.
say around the 7th of october.
I am also start collecting required documents then.

-Ravi

There is too much silence here.
When is the earliest we can call and ask Chennai about our Interviews. Any idea ??

I thought Oct 1st week itself should be fine. Since we need to arrange for the tickets at a very short notice.