Here is the update:

Raju595 - File sent on Feb 21st
SRI-IL - " Feb 21st
sriram2003 - " Feb 26th
BAB_TUM - " Feb 26th
FingersCrossed - " Feb 26th
Puli - " Feb 27th
dmn - " Mar 13th

There would be several more. I will update as they respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Very Upset!!!!!

Friends,

I called NVC just now, they are saying that my case is not reviewed still. They are saying that they have put a second SR on my case and some one will look in it. Again they are saying that it will take 10 to 15 days to finish. I really don't know how many times and how long they are going to say this. They are not telling any reason for the delay also. Friends, any guess on my case about what might be happening there. Just for a relief!!!!!

Case entered 01/10/2003

1st SR 03/10/2003

2ed SR 03/26/2003

I don't know whether I can make it for June slot!!!!!!

Thanks,

Raj,

Take it easy. There are certain things over which we have no control. You have done your part by having NVC open a 2nd SR. Sometimes things move slow if you have another petition pending with the INS. Or if you have added new dependents after labor. Most of us had the security check during a prolonged I-140 stage-if you missed out on that you might experience a delay. It's a lot easier to communicate with NVC compared to INS and I am sure your case will be reviewed soon. To get to chennai for June you still have about 20 days. Don't worry.

PCC Validity...

Hi All;

Just wanted to let you all know that I called Chenniah Consulate last night regarding the PCC. The lady I spoke to told me that I have to re-apply for PCC through Indian Em..sy, as mine will be crosing the 6 months validity time frame whatever consulate has as of today. Mine will be expired by the month of April. So, whoever is in this kind of situation, probably start paying attention towards this. Let's forget about the One year validity whatever we talked abt earlier to avoid unnecessary hurdils.

Sv

Expecting May interview at Chennai

1. Raju595 - File sent on Feb 21st
2. SRI-IL - File sent on Feb 21st
3. sriram2003 - File sent on Feb 26th
4. BAB_TUM - File sent on Feb 26th
5. FingersCrossed - File sent on Feb 26th
6. Puli - File sent on Feb 27th
7. SAB-Det - File sent on Mar 6th
8. dmn - File sent on Mar 13th
9. rajkt - File sent on March13th

PCC valid for 6 months

I had a similar experience as sv4G. During my last conversation with the US Embassy rep in New Delhi about my case, I was told that the validity period of the PCC is 6 months only.

I think this is because of the heightened security measures.

So all CPers who will be having interviews in near future, please make sure that your PCC was issued within last 6 months as of the day of your interview at the US consulate.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Re: Expecting May interview at Chennai

Originally posted by SAB-DET
3. sriram2003 - File sent on Feb 26th
4. BAB_TUM - File sent on Feb 26th
5. FingersCrossed - File sent on Feb 26th
6. Puli - File sent on Feb 27th
7. SAB-Det - File sent on Mar 6th
8. dmn - File sent on Mar 13th
9. rajkt - File sent on March13th

Hi...

Just wondering, how you guys find out that your case was sent on so and so date...? Whom should I talk to abt this... ?

sv

Call NVC

Originally posted by sv4G
Hi...

Just wondering, how you guys find out that your case was sent on so and so date...? Whom should I talk to abt this... ?

Call the NVC and you will either hear it on the AVM or by the operator. This step only happens after the individual's packet 3 review is complete and the packet 3 has been sent to the US Consulate/Embassy in the individual's home country.

sv

Update...

Updated list: ( 03/27 - 8.40AM (PT) )

3. Aparna - File sent on Feb 21st
4. sriram2003 - File sent on Feb 26th
5. BAB_TUM - File sent on Feb 26th
6. FingersCrossed - File sent on Feb 26th
7. Puli - File sent on Feb 27th
8. SAB-Det - File sent on Mar 6th
9. dmn - File sent on Mar 13th
10. rajkt - File sent on March13th
11. virginia Boy - File sent on March 14th

That was a good compilation, Raju595.

Guys, Let us keep in touch with the forum very frequently and update the individual status and developments.
Thanks,

Puliraju
:cool:

PCC confusion...What to do?

Guys,
Assuming the PCC is valid for one year, I have obtained PCC for myself and my wife in October 2002.

I have sent a mail to Chennai Consulate and got reply saying that PCC is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

I booked my tickets to Hyderbad, India on 6th May to start (with a hope that Interview will be in the second half of May)
I am in a dilemma as to re-applying for PCC this week. If I do not get PCC and Passport back before May 4th, I just cannot travel. My passports are going to be struck with embassy.

What situation are you guys in with regard to PCC? Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Puliraju
:eek:

Re: PCC confusion...What to do?

Originally posted by Puliraju
Guys,
Assuming the PCC is valid for one year, I have obtained PCC for myself and my wife in October 2002.

Not true anymore due to heightened security measures.

I have sent a mail to Chennai Consulate and got reply saying that PCC is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
PCC valid for 6 months ONLY. This statement is true for Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi US Consulates also.

I booked my tickets to Hyderbad, India on 6th May to start (with a hope that Interview will be in the second half of May)
I am in a dilemma as to re-applying for PCC this week. If I do not get PCC and Passport back before May 4th, I just cannot travel. My passports are going to be struck with embassy.

Just send a copy of the passoprt at this time. Travel personally to the Indian Consulate in Houston, Texas, once they are ready to stamp your passport (Expensive option in terms of travel, but more satisfying and less heartburns/anxious moments). Second option is to FedEx ONLY (best tracking info) your passport (both ways) and get the stamp, if possible, before your trip to India. Third option PCC from Indian Passport office (lubricate the system, so that your case moves faster).

What situation are you guys in with regard to PCC? Any suggestions?
Three suggestions listed in the answer to your earlier question.

Thanks,

Puliraju
:eek:

Update

List updated: 28th March ( 9.30 PT)

3. Aparna - File sent on Feb 21st
4. sriram2003 - File sent on Feb 26th
5. BAB_TUM - File sent on Feb 26th
6. FingersCrossed - File sent on Feb 26th