Likely MAY interview at CHENNAI--> --> -->

Hi

Now a days, we are not seeing any Cp interview experience posts. Are they being posted in a separate thread?

Anyone with recent CP interview in chennai, please post your experiences.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

review

Congrats Braj on getting your review done. It might be such a great relief for you.

My case got reviewed on Mar 17, sent to Chennai on Mar 27 and I have been told by Chennai that I will have June interview. Since you are not far behind me you defenitely can expect June Interview....most probably between June 25 - June 30.

Regards

Congrats Braj

Congrats to you. I am still waiting after my first SR on Apr 1st. My tickets blocked for India cancelled today, as I could not confirm. At this point, my interview dates could be in July.
I do not know what could be the problem. I have not added any new members during processs ( I hv wife and 2 kids added from Labor itself ). May be...may be, the officer has seen our loooong names, and kept them aside......or may be they misplaced my DS230-I. I asked my attorney to fax copies of them. he has not replied yet
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
P4...

Congrats to all who have got the reviews done and good luck for others in the pipeline - !!

I have a qn regarding P4 being sent to Indian Address..

Is it by ordinary post / courier the P4 is sent to India ?
I will post a qn on a open thread as well as we folks in this thread might not have got a P4 yet..

I want to know this answer 'cos my parents are unfortunately out of town now..

----------

Also, did u guys book / block tickets in anticipation ?! I have no clue when to start this next painful bargaining job :(

Thanks,
Sriram.:eek: :eek:

Re: review

Originally posted by INSvermont
Congrats Braj on getting your review done. It might be such a great relief for you.

My case got reviewed on Mar 17, sent to Chennai on Mar 27 and I have been told by Chennai that I will have June interview. Since you are not far behind me you defenitely can expect June Interview....most probably between June 25 - June 30.

Regards

Hi INS Vermont,
you said your interview is in June. Did you sent a mail to Chennai?? Did they confirmed your interview in Chennai or is it a likely date?? Please let me know.

Since my case was forwarded to Chennai on Apr 2nd, I am also expecting the june interview.

Regds,
Sam.

chennai date

Kumar_sam,

I sent an email to chennai (chennaiiv@state.gov) with my name and case number and they confirmed that they received my case and told me that i will likely have June interview. They asked me to check back for the exact date after May 15th.

Regards

congrats Braj

Congrats Braj, you made it. I think every one whose p-3 reached in Jan/Feb got their reviews completed & cases forwarded to corresponding consulates. My case was sent to Chennai some time in March last week & I will send an e-mail to chennai consulate in mid April mid week just to make sure they received my case and entered into their system.

Thanks,

An appeal.......

Update: 04/08/2003 - 9.15 AM [PT] no change:

1. Raju595 - File sent on Feb 21st
2. SRI-IL - File sent on Feb 21st
3. Aparna - File sent on Feb 21st
4. sriram2003 - File sent on Feb 26th
5. BAB_TUM - File sent on Feb 26th
6. FingersCrossed - File sent on Feb 26th
7. Puli - File sent on Feb 27th
8. SAB-Det - File sent on Mar 6th
9. dmn - File sent on Mar 13th
10. rajkt - File sent on March13th
11. SRS - File sent on March 13th
12. chennai_may- File sent on March 13th
13. virginia Boy - File sent on March 14th

There is one important point I would like to make here.

As you have seen, to date, we were able to compile a list of 13 cases that are likely to have Their interview in the month of May.

Going by historic data every month there would be about 35 to 38 'E' category interviews taking place at Chennai. That means the list we have, represents less than 40% of the candidates.

We can also be sure that there are a lot more silent visitors to this forum, and obviously their visits are not without reason.

This call of mine is to those people who visit us and not speak.

Please feel part of the group and share your information, so that we can leave some sensible information and good statistical base to future CP aspirants.

Hope to hear from you soon. This is our chance to give something
back to the forum.

Thanks.
Raju

chennai ph call..

hi,

as it is already apr-8th, i took a chance and called chennai consulate. i was asked to contact them by apr 15th to know about the interview (when it is - month / date..)
so this time they are not yet ready with the list by apr 8th ?..

let us see..

just f.y.i

cheers,
sriram

Channai....

The Chennai consulate seems to be tight fisted with their information.

The response to my email was the same one liner, asking me
to contact after April 15th.

What we can do is keep trying !

Raju

Appeal....

I appreciate Raju595's spirit and helpful nature.

I was visiting this forum since April 2002 (Just a month before I applied my I-140 and opted for CP). I have started participating since December 2003 after my I-140 approval, of course, realised the importance of sharing the info with others lately.

Honestly speaking, I have decided to opt of CP only after vising this forum and after reading most of the experiences of previous CPiers.

Friends, please be active on the forum for everyone's benefit (if you are browsing this forum).

Thanks,
Puliraju

participation..

hmm.. i think people will become bold enough soon :) [ if that is the reason they are not writing their experience so far..]

i think this thread will become de-facto and everyone will have more participation - may be a real matter of time i think.

My I-140 is approved as on 4/1/03. While filing I-140, I had intimated that I was interested in doing consular processing from Mumbai.

From now on how do I find out when I should expect PAcket3, when NVC will receive it, when NVC will forward to Mumbai consulate, when Mumbai consulate will forward Packet 4 and schedule a consular interview???? At what point do I get some kind of a reference/ case number for the interview coz I understand that the I-140 case number is no longer used for reference purposes?

Is there a web site where i can find these dates and next steps after I-140 approval?

Any information is well appreciated.

Thanks,
Krish

Suggestion.....

kdivekar ,

By posting the same question in a dozen threads at the same time, you have drawn a lot of attention to youself.

But that is not the kind of attention you would want.

If you have researched a bit you would have found answers to
all of your questions.

Please pick an appropriate thread to post. And if the question
is asked one time, it is enough.

Raju

Interview on May 21 at Chennai..

Chennai Appnt on May 21
Hello Freinds..

I sent a mail to Channai asking for an appointment date yesterday and got the standard one liner first and then after half an hour got another message saying my appointmnet is on MAY 21st..

So it looks like Chennai finalyzed its schedule some time tomorrow..

I am still working through the new PCC issue.. it is not yet done though looks promising at the moment..

Please let me know if anybody else has interview around May 21..

Good luck..

DMN

Congrats dmn1

dmn1,
congrats! Now you can atleast book your tickets if you have not. If anyone else has heard pls put a msg out here. I plan to send out an email today.