Likely MAY interview at CHENNAI--> --> -->

Police Clearance Certificate

After one week of calls and visits to local passport office, I finally received the fresh PCC. I was able to expedite the process from India. The passport officer in Trichy, TN, India was very helpful in this.

Hi friends,

I changed my user-id from Braj to Vanee. I have some problem with that old Id from past few days.

Virginia Boy,INSvermont,ssn43017,sriram2003 and getMyGcCp thansks for your wishes!!!!
I have send an email to chennai about my case, they said they still did not received it yet. And I am planning to email them sometime next week.

sssn43017
I was told by my lawyer that the reason why it took so long time(2 SR's) to complete my review was, NVC has misplace some of my paperwork. And to find them, they took these many days and once they found them they immediately completed the review(this is in my case).

Friends I have couple of questions and I thank you all in advance for reply

1. what is the 1-800 number where I can order my tax transcripts.

2.Since my wife is also working we filed a joint returns. In this case how do we have to order the tax transcripts.

3. Do we have to fill DS230-1 form again and submit it at the time of interview along with DS230-2.

4. I worked for an company in India and now that company in not existing(My brother tried to contact personally). The question is, I have a photo copy of the work experience letter given by that company. Will that work or do I have to get the original(which is not possible) Please advise!!!!

5. I did not register my marriage at Hindu Marriage registrar office at the time of my wedding. That is the reason they gave me unregistered marriage certificate. Will there be any problem with this at the time of Interview.

Thanks,

Congrats Lavanya

I am glad to note that you got your PCC..

Good luck on your interview..

DMN

Tax transcripts...

Friends I have couple of questions and I thank you all in advance for reply

1. what is the 1-800 number where I can order my tax transcripts.

1(800) 829-1040

2.Since my wife is also working we filed a joint returns. In this case how do we have to order the tax transcripts.

Transcripts of your returns as filed-joint or single-will be provided.

3. Do we have to fill DS230-1 form again and submit it at the time of interview along with DS230-2.

You may want to carry a copy-some people have been asked to resubmit originals as well.

4. I worked for an company in India and now that company in not existing(My brother tried to contact personally). The question is, I have a photo copy of the work experience letter given by that company. Will that work or do I have to get the original(which is not possible) Please advise!!!!

Should not be a problem- if it is, it's not in your control. carry the xerox copy and if they want more info, state the facts.

5. I did not register my marriage at Hindu Marriage registrar office at the time of my wedding. That is the reason they gave me unregistered marriage certificate. Will there be any problem with this at the time of Interview.

B]No, but carry your wedding invitation, pictures, your joint accounts/property info.[/B] [:)

Thanks

question about sailing permit

Hi All,

Does anyone know if we need sailing permit from IRS ? Its stated so on the immihelp.com and couple friends who did CP in 2001 did take them.

It was nice to see the case numbers published on the chennai website. Whew! .

Thanks,

irs 9003

hi raju / all,

my friend is attending his interview this 26th (apr) in chennai consulate. i got to see his P4 contents - It has the invitation letter and the list of documents required which is the standard list - it mentions IRS 9003 form also -
The form is downloadable and it is a simple declatation where you have to yes / no that you filed taxes for the year so and so..
it does not hurt carrying a single paper all self prepared.
well, we can all see in our p4 also what all docs they want and if 9003 is one of them..

just keeping u guys informed.

good news and questions

Hi all,

I would like to let you guys know that Packet 4 was received on 12th April @ my local address.

Now for the questions. These are documents they've asked for

Evidence of financial support (affidavit of support in form I-864; recent 3 year US federal income tax return copies with W-2 statements; Job verification letter and Bank Statements from the petitioner AND as well as any co-sponser if required.)

No where did I see they asking for I-134 but instead they are looking for I-864. How should this statement be intrepreted ? What is JOB verification letter ?

Beneficiaries of employment based petitions should bring a recent letter from prospective employer confirming the essential elements of the job offer

what does this mean ? what documents are they looking here for ?

Thanks,

Those with confirmed May interviews,

If you post the developments in the confirmed MAY thread, it
would be easier for us to keep track of issues.

Thanks.
Raju

Confusion...

Hi Guys,

The project I am working on is going to be live on July 1st of this year. If u look at the history of Chennai consulate, they are scheduling the 'Ex' category, only after 20th of every month. if mine is going to fall into the same window, I will be in big trouble as my company is already saying that they are not going to promise on anything regarding allowing me to attend the interview... Any thouhgts, as to what to do...?

Thanks for any input on this...

sv

sv4G,
You can postpone the interview for one time. Consulate guys would postpone the interview upon request. Normally they would postpone for two to three months.
Thanks,
Puliraju

Re: Confusion...

Originally posted by sv4G
Hi Guys,

The project I am working on is going to be live on July 1st of this year. If u look at the history of Chennai consulate, they are scheduling the 'Ex' category, only after 20th of every month. if mine is going to fall into the same window, I will be in big trouble as my company is already saying that they are not going to promise on anything regarding allowing me to attend the interview... Any thouhgts, as to what to do...?

Thanks for any input on this...

sv

svG4,

Your case was forwarded to Chennai on 27th of March. So
you are likely to get your interview in the month of June, and
being an 'E' category, most probably between 24th and 27th
of June.

So, time wise this is a big problem for you. The best solution
would be to request your employer for 1 week leave and finish
everything.

If nothing works out, then as a last resort request for postponement.

Raju

Last menute preparations

Can you guys please post your opinions about the necessary documents to carry along with us to Chennai Consulate for attending Interview process.

It may enhance our last minute preparations.

By the way my interview is on May 23 and leaving USA on May 15.

Thanks,

SAB-DET