*** Likely march interview tracker ** friends lets share new NVC process info etc....

St. Louis Contact

Hello MarchCPers....
Mine fee bill has gone to St. Louis....anybody has any idea if we can inquire if check has encashed or not.....please share your knowledge....:(

Re: St. Louis Contact

Originally posted by gcbol
Hello MarchCPers....
Mine fee bill has gone to St. Louis....anybody has any idea if we can inquire if check has encashed or not.....please share your knowledge....:(

If you have sent a Cashier's check, you will find a customer service 1-800 number on the back of the check ( assuming that
you have kept a copy ) where you can call , they will ask you
for the name of the purchaser and the number. Then they will
tell you whether it has been cashed.

In case you do not have a copy of the back of the check,go to the
bank where you purchased it and they will tell you.

I think it applies to Money Order also, I am not sure.

Raju

Originally posted by krishnatrk
Hi hate_tsc,
Did you here anything from NVC regarding your P3 review?.

Krishna.

Haven't heard anything so far. However, my P3 has already reached NVC on 12.05.02. Typical review time I think is 3-4 weeks. I would hope that my case reaches Mumbai consulate by the end of this month.

I would appreciate if you could share your dates.

Whaddyathink .. a Feb interview would be too optimistic.

Originally posted by hate_tsc
Haven't heard anything so far. However, my P3 has already reached NVC on 12.05.02. Typical review time I think is 3-4 weeks. I would hope that my case reaches Mumbai consulate by the end of this month.

I would appreciate if you could share your dates.

Whaddyathink .. a Feb interview would be too optimistic.

Hi hate_tsc,
My P3 also reached NVC on the same date as ur's.
I am wondaring why p3 was not reviewed yet.
Hope it will be soon.
I will update if i heard anything further.

Krishna.

krishnatrk or hate_tsc

Did u used the NVC sent packet 3 forms.. or u are ready with downloaded ds 230 forms and attached the bar coded slip and sent to nvc.. Is it mandatory to use only NVC generated forms.

pl reply elaborately,...so that we can save a week atleast....

sri

Hi hate_tsc,
My P3 also reached NVC on the same date as ur's.
I am wondaring why p3 was not reviewed yet.
Hope it will be soon.
I will update if i heard anything further.

Krishna.

Re: krishnatrk or hate_tsc

Originally posted by sri-IL
Did u used the NVC sent packet 3 forms.. or u are ready with downloaded ds 230 forms and attached the bar coded slip and sent to nvc.. Is it mandatory to use only NVC generated forms.

pl reply elaborately,...so that we can save a week atleast....

sri

Atleast you can fill it out and keep it ready (atleast will save a one week time proofing and signing it, especially when the attorney's office is not local to you.) So when the original comes in (with the Packet 3 from NVC) it is just a copy and paste.

The form(s) for Packet 3 must be sent alongwith the Bar Code Sheet that came from NVC.

Hope that helps.

Question to hate_tsc

Hi hate_tsc/krishnatrk,

1) It's one bar coded sheet for every one right?(for me and the dependents as well)

or

are there going to be mutiple bar coded sheets for each person under the case?

2) The space under question-20 is not enough to fill the info. Do we need to provide that information on a separate sheet?
(q-20: list below all the places u lived at least 6 months since reaching age of 16)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: krishnatrk or hate_tsc

Hate_tsc,

May be I ddint get you..

we have to use only NVC sent ds230 forms or we can use the downloaded forms anad attach bar coded sheet and acn sent.

If we have to use only NVC sent forms, then I think we have to write it by hand or type... we cant use computer print out..correct..
pl clarify

sri.

Atleast you can fill it out and keep it ready (atleast will save a one week time proofing and signing it, especially when the attorney's office is not local to you.) So when the original comes in (with the Packet 3 from NVC) it is just a copy and paste.

The form(s) for Packet 3 must be sent alongwith the Bar Code Sheet that came from NVC.

Hope that helps.

Re: Re: Re: krishnatrk or hate_tsc

Hate_tsc,

May be I ddint get you..

we have to use only NVC sent ds230 forms or we can use the downloaded forms anad attach bar coded sheet and acn sent.

If we have to use only NVC sent forms, then I think we have to write it by hand or type... we cant use computer print out..correct..
pl clarify

sri.

You heard it right, attaching a printed out Forms would work fine (however orginial barcode sheet is a must) and are recommended for clarity purpose.

Re: Re: Re: krishnatrk or hate_tsc

Hate_tsc,

May be I ddint get you..

pl clarify

sri.

Hi sri-IL
U can use downloaded DS230 form.But my lawer told me to fill the form with hand writing, i did the same thing.
Good luck.
Krishnatrk

Hello krishnatrk & hate_tsc,

Were you required to send DS 2001 form to NVC with pkt 3 ?

Or just DS 230 part I ?

Originally posted by immig2003
Hello krishnatrk & hate_tsc,

Were you required to send DS 2001 form to NVC with pkt 3 ?

Or just DS 230 part I ?
Hillo immig2003
U don't have to submit DS 2001.
I don't even see DS 2001 in P3.
Cheers,
Krishna.

Hello hate_tsc,

I called NVC on friday to know the status of p3 review.
They are telling that it will take 15 days to put p3 papers in file, it seems they are not yet opened my packet.
Could u please tell me what is ur p3 status.
Krishna.

Hello hate_tsc,

I called NVC on friday to know the status of p3 review.
They are telling that it will take 15 days to put p3 papers in file, it seems they are not yet opened my packet.
Could u please tell me what is ur p3 status.
Krishna.

I haven't checked with NVC so far. However, as per the previous CPers it atleast takes a month to review P3. So I would call them around start of the next month.

Hope that helps.

I haven't checked with NVC so far. However, as per the previous CPers it atleast takes a month to review P3. So I would call them around start of the next month.

Hope that helps.

Hi:

It is true that they are saying it is taking anywhere btw 6-8 weeks to review the cases. But in my case it took only 16 days to review. Unfortunately, I am stuck at NVC still as they lost my wife's DS230+Cashir Check which I mailed them already and it is in the process it seems. The reason I am qouting this is, it is better you/all keep in touch with NVC by calling at least once in 3 days so that they can tell u/all what is happening with the concerned case. If they are missing anything, as happend in my case, You can save lot of time by submitting the requeired doc's by following up with your Lawyer. I lost 2 months of time so far because of NVC. Hopefully, this won't/ shouldn't happen to anybody who are in pipeline of GC.

Thanks

Originally posted by sv4G
Hi:

It is true that they are saying it is taking anywhere btw 6-8 weeks to review the cases. But in my case it took only 16 days to review. Unfortunately, I am stuck at NVC still as they lost my wife's DS230+Cashir Check which I mailed them already and it is in the process it seems. The reason I am qouting this is, it is better you/all keep in touch with NVC by calling at least once in 3 days so that they can tell u/all what is happening with the concerned case. If they are missing anything, as happend in my case, You can save lot of time by submitting the requeired doc's by following up with your Lawyer. I lost 2 months of time so far because of NVC. Hopefully, this won't/ shouldn't happen to anybody who are in pipeline of GC.

Thanks

Hi sv4G !

Thanks for sharing the insides. However I have couple of question, hope you can shed some light.

1. Do you fall under the new NVC process which is effective dtd. 10.01.02 ?
2. Even if the answer to the above question is 'NO'. How long did it take for your P3 to get reviewed (and sent to respective consulate in India) once it shows up in NVC's system. (From what I know any correspondence regarding a CP case is received via regular mail and it is then keyed in the system.)

P3 sent to NVC - 12.05.02
P3 reflected/keyed in, on NVC system - 12.23.02

Cheers !!

Hello hate_tsc,
Good to see your case keyed in to the system for review.
After i saw ur post i called NVC, they said that my case also keyed into system on 23, looks like we are sailing on the same boat.
I got answer from the oparator saying case is inprocessing.
Did they say same thing to U???.
Please share...
How long it will take to complete review? do have any idea?.

Thanks,
Krishna.

Hello hate_tsc,
Good to see your case keyed in to the system for review.
After i saw ur post i called NVC, they said that my case also keyed into system on 23, looks like we are sailing on the same boat.
I got answer from the oparator saying case is inprocessing.
Did they say same thing to U???.
Please share...
How long it will take to complete review? do have any idea?.

Thanks,
Krishna.

A very optimistic timeframe would be, our case should be forwarded to respective consulate sometime in the first week of January.

Cheers !!

Hi hate_tsc,Sri_Tl,Raju,Bapa and all cpers

Thanks hate_tsc for optimistic repply.
I have couple of questions.
1. Is it neccessary to get sailam permit?
2. What forms we have to subit to IRS for getting sailam permit?.
3. I am earning my wife is not, do i need to submit same forms for boath of us?.

Thanks,
Krishna.