Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

Also I wanted to metion about PCC. If your passport was or is being renewed at a Indian Embassy in US, then you will be able to get the PCC the same day. I have done this for my wife wherein her passport was to expire in about 7months and I renewed it. And got the new passport and the PCC the same day.
So, if your passport is issued in India and expiring with a period of next 12 months then best thing is to go the emabssy in person and apply for passport renewal and PCC simultaniously. Only thing is you may have to spend $90 for getting the things done on the same day.

Thanks for the response. I live in Florida and connected Indian embassy is Houston. My passport is issued by Hyderabad passport office and it expires after next 5 years. It's really big relief to know we can receive PCC in 4 weeks . Let me talk with embassy contact on Monday.

So I always have option of attending in person to speed up the things.

Priya

Is Port of Entry of any significance in relation to the Consular Processing itself? Does it come up before or during the interview? Can't we enter US from anywhere we like after we get the green card?. Can someone please throw some light as to the importance if at all of POE. Thanks in advance - Ram1329

Question about PCC

Hello

I emailed Chennai about PCC. And I got the following reply, which is pretty much the same as on their web site.

All Applicants Who Have Resided In Any Other Country for One Year or More:

§ All Immigrant Visa applicants who have resided in any country outside of India for 12 months or more while age 16 or over are required to present a police clearance certificate from that country, even if it is their home country. For additional information, see:http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/country_pick.htm. To find information for the country in which you lived, click on letter at the top that represents the first letter of the country in which you lived. For details on how to obtain a police clearance certificate, please contact the nearest Consulate or Embassy of the country in which you have lived.

Can someone please clarify if we need to get a PCC from the U.S also or am I mis-understanding the above?

thanks so much!!!

Re: Question about PCC

Originally posted by cp_chennai_hyd
Hello

I emailed Chennai about PCC. And I got the following reply, which is pretty much the same as on their web site.

All Applicants Who Have Resided In Any Other Country for One Year or More:

§ All Immigrant Visa applicants who have resided in any country outside of India for 12 months or more while age 16 or over are required to present a police clearance certificate from that country, even if it is their home country. For additional information, see:http://travel.state.gov/reciprocity/country_pick.htm. To find information for the country in which you lived, click on letter at the top that represents the first letter of the country in which you lived. For details on how to obtain a police clearance certificate, please contact the nearest Consulate or Embassy of the country in which you have lived.

Can someone please clarify if we need to get a PCC from the U.S also or am I mis-understanding the above?

thanks so much!!!

PCC from US in not required. But if you have been in any other country beside US, then the above quote applies.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Name/Security Checks

Can anyone tell me if NVC or Consulate Post initials the Name/Security Checks Process? Will these be done before or after the CP interview?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

To answer your questions...

1. You don't need PCC from US as the FBI/security check that delayed most of our I140 approvals will attest to your conduct during the US stay.

2. The security checks/name clearances were done during I140 for most of us. The consulate may still opt to do this before CP-like in Mumbai or after the interview but before issuing the immigrant visa packet as in Chennai. There is no way to predict who/when/where will be affected; but this is rare. Good luck!;)

Can I expect a JULY Interview?

Date that P3 sent : 05/05/2003
NVC System entred : 05/16/2003
NVC Completed the review: 05/21/2003

Can I expect a July interview? What I learned is, my inter view date will be most probably on August.

Re: Can I expect a JULY Interview?

Originally posted by msns
Date that P3 sent : 05/05/2003
NVC System entred : 05/16/2003
NVC Completed the review: 05/21/2003

Can I expect a July interview? What I learned is, my inter view date will be most probably on August.

hi msns,
Yes, as per the past experience, your's will be in August(70%). But If you observe in June list, there are two people(as of my knowledge) who got the interview in June and their case sent to Chennai on 17th April. So, there are still some chances(30%) of getting your interview in July itself.
Anyway, be prepared (for possible July interview) with all documents like Birth certificate and PCC which takes some time to get!!.

Good luck.

Regds,
Sam.

Hi,

My P3 was sent to NVC on 05/07 by my lawyer. But as of today the P3 has not been entered into NVC system.

Will it take this long to enter P3 into their system ???

Please advise.

Thanks.

P3 info in the NVC system

luxGC,

I am not sure how your lawyer sent the P3 to NVC.

Worst case scenario: If it was by USPS, then it might take about 4 days to reach the NVC mail room. It takes about 2 to 4 weeks to enter the P3 info into the NVC system. I am sure your case will be entered into the NVC system by end of next week(do account for long weekend due to memorial day. People starttaking time off from Friday to Tuesday).

Thanks.

I don't have any vaccination records for the interveiw. Is anyone else in the same situation? What do I have to do in then? take all the vaccinations again? is that o.k, you anyone done it before? Thanks - Ram1329

Re: P3 info in the NVC system

Hi CpDelhi,

I just checked the NVC- AVM, it says that NVC received my P3 on 05/20 --- I guess they were late in updating the system.

Thank you for ur input.

Thanks,
lux

Hi luxGC,

Even my P3 was entered into NVC system on 05/20/03.

Could you please post once your review has been completed?.

Thx.

Q11 on DS230

Hi Guys!
I'm currently in India and gave a friend's address in Q11 of Ds230. Unfortunately, my friend is moving. My 230 has been sent to chennai on 9-may.
What are my options? Heard it takes almost 6mos for the GC to be sent to this address.
- Give a different address in DS230 when submitting in the consulate?
- Can i change the address at POE?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
chencp2003(july hopeful)

Re: Q11 on DS230

Originally posted by chencp2003
Hi Guys!
I'm currently in India and gave a friend's address in Q11 of Ds230. Unfortunately, my friend is moving. My 230 has been sent to chennai on 9-may.
What are my options? Heard it takes almost 6mos for the GC to be sent to this address.

If all the info is correct and complete, CPers usually get the GC inabout 3 to 4 weeks. I got my GC plastic card with in 18 days of POE. But it could surely take longer. You can also change the address after POE by calling the Texas Service Center in US

- Give a different address in DS230 when submitting in the consulate?

YOu can submit an updated DS230 part 1 and part 2 forms on the interview day. I had some minor changes in both forms and I submitted the updated form on the day of interview.

- Can i change the address at POE?

I am not sure if you can change information on the DS forsm on the POE. Best place is at the time of interview. You may also call the consulate before the interview and get their recommendation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
chencp2003(july hopeful)

P3 Review completed

VARPKS,

After seeing ur message, I just checked my case. My P3 review has been completed on 05/27.

I hope yours will also be completed by this week.

Good luck.

Re: Re: Q11 on DS230

Thanks cpDelhi !
I was expecting 6mos or greater to get the plastic card. Will update the ds230 at interview time.

thanks,
chencp2003

Salary - Curreny - H1-B - I-140

Gurus,

I saw some messages regarding comparison between current salary and salary mentioned on I-140.

a) Now, I am getting 4K less than my salary mentioned on I-140.

b) Present salary is 18K higher than the one mentioned on H1-B petition.

I am assuming a) is not a problem.
Is issue b) a problem? Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Venkat

Hi,

Recently my labour was cleared and I am in the process of filling my I-140. I am planning to opt CP.

Last two years I am not in the project and don't have pay stubs nor W-2's. Other than this I have all supporting documents. Would this a major problem.

As per your knowledge, are there any cases of rejection of GC's based on this issue ie without W-2's (Last three years). Are there any alternates.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Sai.