Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

Re: DS230 Part I & Fees

Originally posted by karthi_ram
When going for the CP Interview at the Consulate, I see that we need to take the DS 230 Part I.

Is that a photocopy of the same that we submitted with Packet III or should we type up a new DS 230 Part I, including the necessary changes and modifications ? (NONE & Address changes etc)

{ You can take the same copy. If there are changes submit a new one with the changes and bring it to their notice. If there are no changes they are actually giving it back.}

Also, apart from the DD for Blue Dart Courier and the proof for $335 Fee Bill Receipt, is there any other fees or DD that we need to take for the Interview ?

{None}

Thanks
Karthi

{my responses}

Raju

Re: Re: DS230 Part I & Fees

Originally posted by Raju595
{my responses}

Raju

Raju- Thanks for addressing my concern on my tax return question (another post). I have a quick question on your response above. What if the only change in the DS-230 part I is to change from N/A to None, do you think that I should still fill out a new form or I can change it in the photocopy itself and sign and date it at the consulate?

Thanks,
Kant.

Re: A photo copy is sufficient..

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
You will be asked to make corrections if any and sign it on the day of the interview.;)

Thanks for your response, Rajeev.

-Kant.

Kant,

As posted above, you just make the change. sign again and
date it.

Only significant changes would require a new DS230.

Not connected to this response but my feeling is other than minor changes like change in the current address etc, changes to other information like past employment history, education, visits would draw their attention. We know that when the DS 230 Part I
reaches NVC it is reviewed in some manner.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
INTERVIEW COMPLETED!!

Guyz,

Completed my interview today! Everything went on smoothly. Checkout my experience in the "JULY 2003 CHENNAI CP EXPERIENCES" thread.

Cheers,
Ganesh.