Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

just want to add...

if you do not have a valid US visa STAMPED in your passport,
you DO need a UK transit visa

Interview Date

On the New Delhi website my interview is scheduled for the 7th of July.
I will be leaving on 30th of June, JFK and returning on the 11th of July.

P_L

Pitambar_Lal said:
On the New Delhi website my interview is scheduled for the 7th of July.
I will be leaving on 30th of June, JFK and returning on the 11th of July.

P_L

Hi Pitambar,

Glad to see that your date confusion got resolved satisfactorily!! Good Luck with the interview.

Cheer,

Rjain

RJain,
Thank you. Looks like all the emailing to ND worked. I am the last and latest Case# in E2 to be scheduled in July.
Best of luck to you too.

P_L

Rjain2 said:
Hi SK,

The package 4 says that for employment candidates, the form I-134 needs to be filled out with supporting docs - -this is the affidavit of support as far as I understand.

Rjain
My lawyer has sent an email to the embassy. Will post once he gets the response.

SKB

skb14 said:
My lawyer has sent an email to the embassy. Will post once he gets the response.

SKB

Hi SK,

I would recommend that you prepare the I-134 for each dependent getting GC with you as this is easy to do -- need to support it by bank letter confirming your account details and pay stubs and/or employment letter for salary. The form is 2 pages and needs to be notarized. If they don't ask for it there's no harm done.

Rjain

Hi All,

In order to avoid the last minute rush I am in the process of collecting PCC’s in advance for the interview in Delhi (Aug/Sep). For the PCC from the local police station (Hauz Khas, South Delhi); they are demanding “Letter/Instruction of the Embassy demanding the Police Clearance Certificate”. I believe that I will receive this letter only along with the Packet 4 from the Embassy; or is there any other way of getting this letter or instruction from the embassy? The police authorities said that on an average it takes 30 days to issue the PCC after police verification. I don’t think I will have that much time after receiving Packet 4 from embassy. What should I do now?

Shibu

sm_delhi said:
Hi All,

In order to avoid the last minute rush I am in the process of collecting PCC’s in advance for the interview in Delhi (Aug/Sep). For the PCC from the local police station (Hauz Khas, South Delhi); they are demanding “Letter/Instruction of the Embassy demanding the Police Clearance Certificate”. I believe that I will receive this letter only along with the Packet 4 from the Embassy; or is there any other way of getting this letter or instruction from the embassy? The police authorities said that on an average it takes 30 days to issue the PCC after police verification. I don’t think I will have that much time after receiving Packet 4 from embassy. What should I do now?

Shibu

Hi Shibu,

You have two options, either printout from the Embassy web-site the package 4 details which mentions PCC or your lawyer can give you the package 3 document list or package 4 sheet that he/she received for any other candidate.

Rjain

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
congrats to njcpdel and P_L for date confirmation.where are you guys planning for medical?and in how many days in advance we can schedule our appointment with docs,i mean the minimum time period?
austin.

hi austin

I am reaching Delhi on Jul 25th. So I was thinking of doing medicals on Jul 27th which is a Tue and I should get the reports back by Thu. So that will still give me a buffer of Friday. My interview is next monday (Aug 2) morning.

I was planning to do medicals at Apollo

tax transcripts

Any idea on how many days it takes for IRS to mail
the tax transcripts after requesting over the phone.

Also, how many days if requested via postal mail.

Does it depend on the number of years of transcripts requested.

thanks

midelhi
It took about 10 days for the transcripts to reach me when I ordered them on phone. And I guess they have a max limit of about 10 documents total that you can request or something like that.

MiDelhi said:
Any idea on how many days it takes for IRS to mail
the tax transcripts after requesting over the phone.

Also, how many days if requested via postal mail.

Does it depend on the number of years of transcripts requested.

thanks

I ordered for the past 3 years thru phone (talked to a representative). And got it within 2 days.

Rashmi

MI,
To add to the above post it can take max upto 10 working days in my case it took 10+ working days all the three transcripts came in three different enevelops on three different days

thanks

Austin,

I will be reaching Delhi on 1st night, go for photographs on 2nd morning and medical also on the 2nd, 3rd and 5th. I have yet to take an appointment, probably with Dr.Dawesars as they seem to be the most popular choice on this forum. My interview is on the 7th at 8AM. I am returning on 11th July, JFK.
I will post my experiences definitely by the 12th if not earlier, if all goes well. If you do not hear from me by that date, it will be because I will be drowning my sorrows.

P_L

P_l

Delhites will hear your partying from India Gate to Janpath. Cheer up, dude!
All the best!

Pitambar_Lal said:
Austin,

I will post my experiences definitely by the 12th if not earlier,
{ All the best, hear from you soon }

if all goes well. If you do not hear from me by that date, it will be because I will be drowning my sorrows.
{ Don't even think about it...}

P_L

Don't Be Nervous!

hi P_L,
even i'm getting nervous as days are approaching pretty fast but when we have covered so many hurdles only two are left(med 'n interview).so i'm sure everything will go fine for all of us.
CHEER UP and GOOD LUCK.
austin.