*** Likely December2002 interview tracker Chennai Consulate **

How is this thread going to help you?

• To get required info

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • To discuss common issues

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Re: Dates on Website

The interviews are scheduled only for 5 days (17-20, 27th). Christmas could be the reason.

Originally posted by Platflyer
The Chennai U.S. Consulate website has been updated with the December interview Dates.

DS 230- Part II

Few questions on DS-230 Part II if anyone can help-

30. e). Do any of the following apply to you-
--> An alien who seeks to enter for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor who has not been certified by the Secretary of Labor, who is s graduate of a foreign school, or......

I entered as a student on F1 to do my MBA and am currently on H1. My wife originally ebetered on H4, but then joined school and is currently on F1.

How do we answer- YES or NO

31. Have you ever been charged or arrested or convicted of any offense or crime?
I got couple of speeding tickets- but did deferrd adjudication and the ? course, so nothing on record.
Can I answer NO ?

33a). Do I want Social Security Admn to assign a SSN # or new card.
Both me and my wife have a SSN and SSN cards- do I need a new SSN ???

33b). Consent to disclosure - Can I answer NO if I answer NO in 33 a) for a new SSN/SSN card.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks very much for all your help!

Amit

Re: DS 230- Part II

Originally posted by amitag
Few questions on DS-230 Part II if anyone can help-

30. e). Do any of the following apply to you-
--> An alien who seeks to enter for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor who has not been certified by the Secretary of Labor, who is s graduate of a foreign school, or......

I entered as a student on F1 to do my MBA and am currently on H1. My wife originally ebetered on H4, but then joined school and is currently on F1.

How do we answer- YES or NO

31. Have you ever been charged or arrested or convicted of any offense or crime?
I got couple of speeding tickets- but did deferrd adjudication and the ? course, so nothing on record.
Can I answer NO ?

33a). Do I want Social Security Admn to assign a SSN # or new card.
Both me and my wife have a SSN and SSN cards- do I need a new SSN ???

33b). Consent to disclosure - Can I answer NO if I answer NO in 33 a) for a new SSN/SSN card.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks very much for all your help!

Amit

Question 30e refers to medical school, I don't think it applies to you. Answer NO.

Question 31 also does not apply to you, traffic tickets are NOT considered crimes. Answer NO.

Question 33a You will both need new SSN cards to remove the restriction "Valid for work only with INS authorization" or any other such restrictions. GC holder's SS card does not have any such restriction. ANSWER YES.

33b answer YES.

DS230 part2

what about section 29 in DS230 part2?
29. Name and Address of Petitioner

Should i fill it with name of my employer for both me and my spouse?

I-134 follow-up

nkm,

Thanks very much for your answers.

A follow-up on SSN: would we be assigned new SSN's also, or just get new cards (without the work restriction) and be able to keep our current SSN's.

Thanks again.
Amit