• To get required info

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • To discuss common issues

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

greenchennai

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,
I am starting this thread for the people who are going to have interviews in December 2002. Please see my details below

PD: 04/20/01
140AD: 03/26/02
P3NVC RD:06/03/02
NVC RD P3 From STLS:08/16/02
NVC Reviewd: 09/18/02
NVC Sent Consulate: 09/25/02

Thanks

My intrerview likely in december

HI,
I have got E-mail from Chennai consulate saying that my interview will be likely in december.

Thanks

Re: My intrerview likely in december

Green chennai,

You may need to waite for couple of more days to see this thread more aggressive as november interview dates are due in weeks time. Good luck....

Originally posted by greenchennai
HI,
I have got E-mail from Chennai consulate saying that my interview will be likely in december.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Hi Saradao,
I agree with you. I am just trying to pool people who already got mail from chennai, likely december.

Thanks

Hello Greenchennai,
Congrats! When did they got your case in consulate? Do you know what it mean by electronic mail ,b'coz I have read that some of the cases are send by electronic mail. My case was sent on 3rd oct

Juke,
NVC takes electronic copy of all documents supposed to sent to consulate and send them electronically(In most cases). Nothing more is known to me beyond this info. Mine was transfered within 1 day, ofcourse electronically. Check with consulate whether they recieved your case yet. Also I found that for most of the cases, consulate will confirm that they received the case only when they receive physical file. But my case of otherwise. They did not mention anything about physical file!!!! All they said is that they received my case and interview yet to schedule... Good luck...

Originally posted by juke
Hello Greenchennai,
Congrats! When did they got your case in consulate? Do you know what it mean by electronic mail ,b'coz I have read that some of the cases are send by electronic mail. My case was sent on 3rd oct

It appears that they first schedule the EB1, then EB2 followed by EB3 appointments on particular dates.

Have they given any indication when anyone's interview will be ? I know they hint after asking if you are eb1, eb2 or eb3 and give some sort of date range.

december maybe?

NVC Reviewed case on 9/24. They are saying 2-4 weeks for sending the case to Chennai. I though from various other posts it was faster than that.

Doesn't the INS do an audit around this time of the year? Does it include things like visa numbers availability etc? Any info any body?

Does Chennai reduce the number of cases it will do for December because of the holiday season?

When does the consulate announce the dates? I see that they dont have the November dates out yet. The more they delay, the more difficult it is to get tickets and travel, particularly in december.

KNP: Here's what I know....

Cases are sent to CHeenai on Wednesday's. My case was reviewed by the NVC on 8/23 (Monday), and sent to Chennai on 10/2 (next wednesday). I recommend checking with them on Thursdays. Am surprised your case was not sent to Madras along with mine....

From what I hear, if they get the case before 10/19, they most probably will give a Dec interview. I plan to call Chennai Consulate in a copule of days and will put the post up.

Dont think they plan to reduce the number for interviews - will have to wait and see.

I have made a booking to India leaving 1st week Dec, returning 12/30. Hopefully it should work out well. Heard BA and LH from east coast has no availability.

will chk tomorrow

hope mine also got forwarded on 10/2 along with yours (platflyer). I was checking on mondays.

Also, my current h1b expires on 12/15 and my company has filed H1 extension. But it is taking 6 months or so for it to be approved. My lawyers tell me it is ok for me to continue for upto 240 days. I am worried that during CP interview, there might be questions about overstay. Any info on based on previous experiences?

I do have the Receipt Notice of filing of the H1b extension, should that be enough to explain? Any body any ideas/suggestions. I plan to travel before 12/15 to avoid such questions, but I am assuming december CP.

Hello,
My case was sent on 3rd october . Today when I contacted the consulate( Middle East) they told it may take 6-8 weeks for the file to reach here, as NVC send it by diplomatic post. Have any one heard such a matter. Also they told this post is very slow to reach. Will the consulate contact us after they receive the file. Is there any one whose consulate is in Middle East ?

forwarded on 10/2

Check with NVC just now, case forwarded to chennai on 10/2.

How does one check if their case has been entered by the US Consulate in Chennai ? Would it be by calling them up ?

Has anyone received verbal / email confirmation (from the 10/25 batch sent from NVC) that the case has been received by the Consulate ??

Thanks.

Send an E-mail to chennai consulate with your case number in the subject. They will reply with your likely month, which will confirm that they recieved you case or not.
Thanks

Chennai consulate has indicated that my "interview will likely be in December".

They have received my case sent by the NVC on 10/3.

Last edited by a moderator: