Likely December 2003 Interview: Mumbai Consulate

I hope you guys get into December time-table too...

Btw, the consulate has sent me the appointment letter today (Nov 12) presumably at my indian address and I guess it will take atleast another 10 days or so, isn' t it? My interview is on Dec 1st and I would rather collect a copy of the appointment letter from the consulate for doing my medicals earlier. What do I need to do to get a copy of the letter?

Do I go to the information desk? Any ideas? Also, can I get the copy from the satellite US VISA office in Pune? Has anybody tried that?

Guys,
Please help if any of you guys know about hardship letter which we have to prepare if we switch the case from AOS (I485) to CP??

Please confirm...

Guys!!

I have my Interview Date: December 18, 2003
Asterix from CPTracker has December 22, 2003 interview.

Octa Viva, are you from Pune? I am from there as well. Please refer CPTracker under my name (Kkulkar) and post your contact details.

Consulate Enquiry window is open from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and anybody can go and get the P4 Packet. My suggestion would be when you go for Medicals, go one day before, get the packet and pictures from My Own Photo Studio.

Next day, do the medicals. If anybody need the Hospital contact no, I can post them here.

I am flying into Mumbai this Tuesday night and I am planning to pick up the copy of the interview letter on Wednesday before continuing to Pune (my hometown).

I am planning medicals a week in advance of the interview date, I suppose that it should be good enough. Btw, do any of the hospitals do medicals on Saturdays or Sundays? I am going to be working from India, so would like to avoid taking days off!

Octa Viva

Thanks.
I got it. You must have also got my Information. BTW, I have written an e-mail from my office account. Sometimes that does not get to an hotmail account.

So if you have any other account. let me know.

guys, even if you have already submitted the DS230 part-I, please take another filled DS230 part-I alongwith part-II at the time of interview.
Those Bozos seem to lose their papers every so often.

chicks

Thanks for the info. We will definitely take it with us.

Any other special documents that they asked for during your interview??

Urgent: Interview dilemma with labor cert

Hi all,

I have my AC140 interview scheduled for December.
I have a substitute labor cert that was approved from TX where my consulting company HQ is.
However, I have been working in NJ for the past 4 years during which the labor was applied, i-140 approved etc.

Now I am getting nervous about the interview.

Would this issue be brought up at the interview?
If it is, any suggestions for a good explanation? I was thinking maybe I can say that since I am consultant I always have to travel to client sites and work rather than where the company HQ is.
At the least, I hope this is not considered as fraud.

Please help!

Thanks

cp_query

Hi!

Does your company have a office in NJ that can treated as Employment office?

If not, then you don't have to worry. Just make sure that your H1-B Visa submission paper says work locations "throughout USA - yet be determined " or something of that effect.

Also, if your job title in Labor Certification was a consultant, you can point out this fact. Being consultant, you are at client site, but you report back to HQ. If you are on bench, you are suppose to report back to HQ.

So don't worry. Answer the questions correctly and truthfully and you should be fine.

kkulkar, asterix:

All the best for your CP interview scheduled for 12/18 and 12/22 respectively! Do keep us posted on your experience!