Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Thanks for replying BUT:

Our Attorney claims to have called but said they (USCIS) are so busy that he could not get through a human operator, he had also sent in a "Service Error" notice to them but to no effect, and yes we do have the copy of I-140 application which clearly states that we applied for CP.
After our trip to the consulate, our Attorney said that now he will contact the employer and try and get the I-824 in, let's hope and pray that thing's get done fast.
(We had also sent in your suggestion earlier - about two months ago + called him a couple of times but he was dreading the I0824 route)
Thanks.

GC mangta:

It is true that the USCIS 800 numbers are always busy and at time difficult to get in touch with the ultimate operator (who sometimes is no better than a simple telephone operator although should be someone with INS knowledge).

So are you saying when your attorney filed AC I140 he did not file I-824? And that is the reason bbay consulate is not accepting your application?

IF that is the case then bbay consulate is right and your attorney is wrrong. Coz I-824 RECEIPT is a MUST for any consulate leave along bbay consulate, to even touch your case. No consulate will entertain immigrant visa application without an I-824 receipt/ approvla as the case may be coz it is this i-824 which authorizes a consulate to work on your GC case.

Not filed officially yet

So are you saying when your attorney filed AC I140 he did not file I-824? And that is the reason bbay consulate is not accepting your application?

Ans: No, actually he has not filed a so called AC-140 yet, he just told us to go to the consulate and ask them to help us. Does he have to file something? As the consulate people told us now to get the I-824 receipt, once we get it, will they tell us to get something else or will they give the BMB number??

Thanks a lot for your help in this matter.

gc_mangta:

To get your interview at mumbai consulate since you have originally opted for 485 your sponsoring company or attorney will need to file I-824 and on receving the I-824 receipt from USCIS then mail the AC I-140 packet to the mumbai consulate after which mumbai consulate will decide to accept or reject the ac i-140 application. If accepted it will issue a bmb2004xxxxx number else issue a rejection with reason.

Contents of AC I-140 packet that should be mailed to the consulate are listed here:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Please read above link to understand the entire ac i-140 process.

kd1403 said:
cp_nd_parents:

Any updates on the admin check for your parents (father)?

My father had gone for an immigrant visa interview on Jan 21st, 2004 and was told that his case is being held up for administrative processing. This week he received a letter telling him that the case has cleared and he can come and get his visa. Finally .....

Thanks to kd1403 and others for sharing the information.

RS

cp_nd_parents/ rs:

Sorry to hear it took so long. But at the same time, I'm glad and over with. Take care! Do let us know if there were any specific reason why it took so long!

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent help needed from all the AC-140 Gurus

My quick question is:
What documents do we actually need certified?
We already went to the site below as suggested, but did not find the answer to above.
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Please help !!!

(History:
Exp: We are the ill fated - I140 EB 3 approved, recd the 797 which stated that we need AOS inspite of us writing in the 140 application that we want CP. Went to Mumbai consulate where they want an original I-824 receipt something that looks like the 797 )

The attorney received the I-824 receipt today (And hopefully he will mail it to us here in India along with a covering letter)

So, do we need the attorney to "Certify" i.e. "Notary" anything at all? DS2001 or DS230 etc.... (So we can tell him ASAP and he can mail the whole package to us and we will personally hand it over to the mumbai consulate)

Awaitng earliest reply folks

AC140, the attorney is certifying the 140.

You need to get the offer letter and Affidavit of Support notarized (If U are based out of US, you can sign the Affidavit in front of the counsal officer)

No other documents need certifying. You need to take the originals and spare copies of the document needed for interview.

Re: Ac140

Sorry Alren, this may sound odd but do I need to submit an offer letter along with my AC-140 package or will it be needed at the time of interview (That's if mumbai consulate accepts to process my EB3 and give me the BMB number).

Also, does the attorney also have to mail me a "Notarized" copy of the I-140 application?

Please clarify.
Thanking you.

The notarized employment letter is needed only at the time of the interview.

No, the Attorney does NOT have to mail you a Notarized copy of the AC140 application. But it is a good practice to have a copy of the application with onself.

As Amol, said the offer letter will be required at the time of interview and it should be dated within 6 mos. of the interview.