Likely CP Candidates for November 2003 @Mumbai Consulate

bombay2003 please post your timelines @ cptracker.com also.

Also greencardca in the meantime if you wish you can check http://www.cptracker.com to get a sense of the timeline from I-140/ I-824 approval till CP Interview Date. The timelines are pretty accurate.

updated the CPtracker

I have updated the CPtracker site with my information.

As for the review timelines, I am not sure when exactly the AC140 application was sent. My guess is last week of july. my attorney reveived an email on 4the aug confirming that they had accepted my application and assigned a case number. I received a mail on 12 aug. and finally the interview date info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everybody,

I got my interview scheduled at Mumbai US consulate on 24th Nov, 2003. I need to know few informations.
1. Which photo studio would be the best for Green card purpose. Please let me know their name, address and phone number. I would prefer to get it from some studio who are exprienced doing these photos.
2. Which hospital would be prefered for medical tests?
3. If any body knows about the hotels near to US consulate please provide the name, address and phone number.

Thanks

soumi and Bombay2003

Hi Guys!

Good to know that you got responses from Mumbai Consulate.

Did you talk to them? if yes, when?

Or Did you get an e-mail response from them?

Please respond.

My case reached the consulate on 30th September 2003 and due to some business commitments, I am trying to get my interview in the month of November 2003.

My last conversation with Consulate was on Friday early morning and they were not sure whether they can accomodate me in November 2003.

I was told to call back on 14th October 2003. My company is also corresponding with them to get the interview in November 2003.

soumi:

Congrats!

1. Which photo studio would be the best for Green card purpose. Please let me know their name, address and phone number. I would prefer to get it from some studio who are exprienced doing these photos.
AnsweR: PHOTO STUDIOS -- Mention Side posture, Immigration & passport style, 37 x 37 MM. from "My Own Photo Studio" (recommended for immigration photos). Located 2 blocks from US Consulate Mumbai on Bhulabhai Desai Road. 011-91-22-23646247/ 011-91-22-23869629. M-F 9am - 7pm IST. Same Day Service!

2. Which hospital would be prefered for medical tests?
Answer: Medical Check Up -- Call hospital and mention that the test is for immigration visa.
DOCTORS ADDRESS – Specifically tell the receptionist at the hospital that you would like to schedule an immigration medical check up and they know the rest. Lilavati (91-22-26455918), Hinduja (91-22-24452422 or 2444-7183), Breach Candy (91-22-23667979) Call M-F anytime.
All 3 hospitals are equally good/ bad ...breach candy is less than 1/2 mile from the photo studio mentioned above. If you are facing the usa consulate...breach candy is on right and photo studio on left. So if you plan to do medicals and photos same day then I recommend BC!

3. If any body knows about the hotels near to US consulate please provide the name, address and phone number.
Answer: I had read posting about Shalimar hotel which is 5 minutes by taxi. Search for the word "Shalimar" or " Bombay hotels" and you will get your answer.

PCC & CP Interview

kdivekar,
Please help.
I have applied for Canada PCC on Oct. 10, 2003. According to their website it can take upto 150 days to recieve the clearance.

I am going through the CP (AC-140) paperwork now, and my lawyer says he can apply in November.

I am afraid I may be have a call for interview from Mumbai, and still not have the PCC from Canada.

I am wondering if I should ask him to wait till Dec, 2003 before applying, or should we just go ahead, and then if this happens ask consultae toi re-schedule appt. for a later date?

:confused:

aprilfool:

I have also heard that to get canadian pcc's it is taking upto 6 months. Expect to get you pcc around mid march 04.

At the same time, AC I-140 interview with bbay consulate is taking about 3.5-4.5 months. Assuming you apply ACI-140 by 1 nov 2003...you can expect interview end jan- end feb.

And PCC is a required document for interview.

There are two things you can do:
* Check with canadian consulate to find out how much more time it will take to get your pcc.

* Depending on the answer from bullet 1 above, file your AC I-140 papers with bbay consulate.

REmember one thing you definitely do not want to plan to attend the interview without a Canadian PCC.

BTW...can you tell me why you need canadian pcc when you are doing cp from bbay? Are you working in canada and filing usa gc but an indian citizen?

PCC

kdivekar,
I had worked in Canada for 1 year. I am in US now on H1 visa, but I think I still need the PCC from Canada as per the requirements in DS-2001 form.

Thanks.
I think you're in the home stretch now. Wish you all the best.

aprilfool:

Thanks for the info. Yes, you will need canadian pcc....request canadian consulate to process faster ...that may work. Explain the situation.

And thanks for your well wishes!

Hi All,
I have got my date on 20th November at Mumbai. Anyone on same date or around that date in Mumbai please post a msg.

I think now I have to start going through the document requirements. THe list given by KDivekar in the Oct-03 post is good.

Good luck guys.

thanks a lot kd1403

i have kept 2 days for medical exams? do you guys think 2 days are sufficient ? i have my interview on 24th Nov , monday . I have planed to do my medical on 20th and 21st Nov , thursday and friday . is this ok or i should keep few more days in hand .
i will reach on wednessday and do my medicals on thursday , friday.
i thought of doing my medical from Breach Candy . do they give the reports and results on the same day ?
i have seen in immihelp.com they said that for medicals for women they may take more days ? does any of you know anything about it ? isn't 2 days ok for me to do my medical and get the results ?
please give me any information related to medical exam and how many days is advised to keep for medical .

thanking you advance .

This question has been answered in the mumbai october thread.

do you guys think 2 days are sufficient ?
Answer: Sufficient time assuming no previous medical conditions and no red flags in the immigrant medical exam.

or i should keep few more days in hand .
answer: I recommend providing atleast 3-4 working days between medicals and cp interview. Remember emphasis in on working days...these reports are not processed over weekends which includes sat and sun.

i thought of doing my medical from Breach Candy . do they give the reports and results on the same day ?
Answer: Same day reports unless if complications arise which require more tests.

i have seen in immihelp.com they said that for medicals for women they may take more days ? does any of you know anything about it ? isn't 2 days ok for me to do my medical and get the results ?
answer: This is true it is recommended 3 working days in general and 5 working days preferably for women. These are pure recommendations. In my wife's case it took 7 working days (october 2003) since she did not carry medical reports of certain medication from usa which i faxed immediately.
Suggestion: Talk to you physician, request copy of your medical records and carry them for the immigrant medical check up.

I just checked aptracker.com only to realize that just 2 mumbai candidates have got interview dates in november...is that right. OR folks have not been updating cptracker.com?

There is one other participant from Ohio who has got interview on 11/26. That makes it 3 in all so far for mumbai november interviews.

gagan could you please update cptracker.com with your IV interview date. Thanks!

DS2001 form

Hi,

do we need to send the Ds2001 form with the AC I140 package to the consulate. i have the following document list for the Ac I140 package --could someone please verify the list and let me know if i need to send anything else.

original I140 approval notice
824 receipt
hardship letter
proof of residency for bombay consulate
DS 230 part 1

thanks

Bombay2003

Since you last posted an update, the interview dates for November have been posted. Can you confirm if the date you were given matches the date posted on the website.

Thanks

Is there anybody out there.....(think pink flyod ;-)

Anyway, guys where is everyone for the November interviews?? Please post your dates, schedules etc.
Mine is on 20th November.

Getting flights has been tough. But managed to block a couple via Delta. Should be confirming them this week.

Update this thread guys.

Photos

Guys,

I was under the impression that side portraits are required for the interview and medical but according to the Mumbai consulate website http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in3/wwwhphotorequire.html a front portrait is required. Is this a change or has it always been this way.
Also it looks like many people get their photos taken in Mumbai. Recently I had some passport size photos taken at Wolf Camera, 9 copies for $15. It's a good option if you do not have enough time or just want one less thing to worry about in Mumbai.