Likely CP Candidates for November 2003 @Mumbai Consulate

Nov 24 interview

My interview is scheduled for Nov 24. Just came to know after having contacted the consulate. Apparently the packet they sent me earlier has been lost in transit.
I am trying to schedule my medical exam at Hinduja on Nov 19.

Can you guys fill me on what they send in the packet other than the interview letter and how important are those documents.

Secondly, do we need a PCC from India/Mumbai?

Thanks all

Re: Photos

Originally posted by aosorcp
Guys,

I was under the impression that side portraits are required for the interview and medical but according to the Mumbai consulate website http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in3/wwwhphotorequire.html a front portrait is required. Is this a change or has it always been this way.
Also it looks like many people get their photos taken in Mumbai. Recently I had some passport size photos taken at Wolf Camera, 9 copies for $15. It's a good option if you do not have enough time or just want one less thing to worry about in Mumbai.

You will need both types of photos.

a) Immigration style ( also called ADIT style, side angle etc.)
for submission to the Consulate. This is the photo that
finally appears on the Green Card.Better to have these
taken at a place where they are experienced in this, because
there are size and other stipulations.

Generally 3 in number.

b) The regular passport size photos. These are required for
affixing on the medical report.

Generally 2 in number. Carry one or two extra.

Raju

Re: Nov 24 interview

Originally posted by i140limbo
My interview is scheduled for Nov 24. Just came to know after having contacted the consulate. Apparently the packet they sent me earlier has been lost in transit.
I am trying to schedule my medical exam at Hinduja on Nov 19.

Can you guys fill me on what they send in the packet other than the interview letter and how important are those documents.

Secondly, do we need a PCC from India/Mumbai?

Thanks all

If your interview is on November 24, then I hope you have
already got your PCC from the local Indian Consulate. ( I am
assuming that you live in US).

If you are living in US then , the only PCC you need is
the one you get from the Indian Consulate.

If you have stayed in any countries other than India(exclude US), for a period of 12 months or more, then you would need to produce PCC from that Country also.

Rather late in the game to be asking about PCC!

Other than the appointment letter and cover letter the packet
4 contains additional copies of DS 230 Part I and II and the
blank medical report form. But these are not important and can
be downloaded from web.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, mumbai consulate has in-house photographer who will take ADIT style pictures if you have wrong pictures with you.

hi i140limbo
My interview is also scheduled for Nov 24 2003 . i will also do my medicals from Hinduja on 19th , wed . i have caled them and booked an appointment at 7:00 am but they didn't give me any reference number . did they give you any number?