Likely CP Candidates for November 2003 @Mumbai Consulate

Bombay2003

Registered Users (C)
Guys can you please update your information in this thread.

My info is ...

AC140 Aug 12 2003

EB2

Received Acceptance email on Aug 16
Received Acceptance letter on Aug 22

Last contacted consulate on 9/22. They told us to call back for updated status sometimes in mid Oct

Not sure whether I will get the interview date in November. The fact that Rohufish AC 140 case was accepted in July and he got an interview in Oct, wants me to conclude that Nov may be the month.

Thanks much for your input in advance.

bombay2003:

You may want to try 011-91-22-23637407/ 7408 @ Mumbai consulate between 9am-4pm IST early next week!~ You may get an answer or at most request a specific week next month for an interview!

My employment based case just got transferred to Mumbai consulate Yesterday (24th Sept. 2003).

I am hoping to get November 2003 Interview.

Let us keep this thread active and will tell other members to start posting their questions and clarifications and experiences on this thread.

Hi Guys,
My case was sent to Mumbai consulate on 27th August. Called them up twice and both the times they gave me different information. First they said that the case had been received and I should check next month for the interview date. The second time they said they havent yet received the case!
So anyways, Im expecting that the interview should be in November. Lets keep checking and updating this thread.

AS

AS:

Something similar happened with me a month back. The reason first time my record was not pulled up was bcoz they were running a search by a misspelt first name.

so next time when you check with the consulate folks spell out your first and last name in full. This should work!

Hi KDivekar,
Thanks for the point. I shall make sure that next time I call them, the name is entered properly in their search. Thanks.

Hi Guys!!

Hi Guys!!

Any latest update on Mumbai Consulate November 2003 interviews.

Has anybody spoken to Mumbai Consulate recently (except kdivekar)?

Please Post. Let us keep this thread alive.

November 2003 interview

I have sent an e-mail to Mumbai consulate yesterday evening for some details and clarifications.

Let us see whether they will respond or not.

Hi,
I too have sent an email to Mumbai consulate today asking for tentative interview dates. Lets see when and what reply comes in. Shall update the thread. Thanks.

hi,
Did anyone of you sent i-824 receipt along with your AC I-140 application?
Also,is there a contact phone no. to check status of your i-824 application?

I-824 receipt should be included since this is the document which proves that one has changed route from AOS to CP and now the consulate has the authority over the case. Hence I-824 should be included in AC I-140 package!

I-824 status can be checked via 2 methods:

1. Online - if you have a case number - http://www.immigration.com/frame/BCIScasestatonlinefr.html

2. Calling BCIS help lline @ 1-800-375-5283 toll-free if you do not have a case number yet

hi
my employment based visa case (E3) has been sent by NVC to Mumbai consulate on 18th sep 2003 .
i wrote a mail to mumbai consulate yesterday about my interview date and to change the address to indian address where my "Packet4 " will be send .
In some thread i have seen some cpgurus mention to change the address to indian address of the appointment letter so that they take less time to reach .
Mumbai consulate replied me today saying that my interview can be in the month of november .they asked us to contact later . and they also said that they made a note of my address .

Hope to get Nov date from consulate

hi,
i have applied for i-824 on 15th sept (by myself and not via my lawyer). I tried the 1-800 no. you provided but it asks for a receipt no. which i don't have yet. Basically,all I need is the receipt no. Its been 15 days now,how long does it take to receive the receipt no. from the date of filing?

* Normally it takes upto 4 weeks to get a receipt and in few cases upto 6 weeks.

* Call 800 number and there should be a way to get to a customer rep who can based on your exact first and last name should be able to pull things up and provide you with a case number.

Affidavit of Support

hi
to get the Affidavit of Support ( I-864) can we download the form from the website or do we have to get original form from INS ? does the download form works the same as the original from INS office . any help ?

Interview schedule

Likely CP Candidates for November 2003 @Mumbai Consulate
Guys can you please update your information in this thread.

My info is ...

AC140 Aug 12 2003

EB2

Received Acceptance email on Aug 16
Received Acceptance letter on Aug 22

Last contacted consulate on 10/09. The Rep told me that it was schedule for the 20th nov

Thanks much for your input in advance.

And Bombay2003 brings the first good news for potential Nov 2003 interview candidates with a confirmed interview date! Congrats!

Guys try calling consulate tonight since 13th oct which is a monday is a public holiday for consulate due to columbus day! So if not tonight then one will have to wait until monday night to contact the consulate/ till the consulate publishes the official dates on 15th/ 16th october!

for bombay2003

how long did the bbay consulate take to reveiw the case after receiving ur documents? planning to send all the paperwork oct end so the information will really be helpful.

thanks?