**Likely** August 2003 interview - chennai - Track here

Originally posted by soumi
Booker ,
thanks a lot for your reply. what is the process we have to do to endorse my name in my husbands passport ? does he has to change the passport and get a new one done or is there any easier way to do that ?
can u please guide me through this .
can he change his passport from US , will it not effect to the visa that is attached to the passport .
i am going through Mumbai consulate . Is there any person going through Mumbai consulate did the same thing .

please help.

Soumi,

The process is quite simple. You either have to send the passport to the nearest Consulate General of India or just go there in person. They would ask you to fill out a miscellanous form (can be downloaded from the web site) and submit both your passport's. I think the fee is $10 for each applicant. You also have to send them copy of marriage certificate. You should call your nearest CGI and find out their requirements. I got it done from CGI Houston in a day. If your marriage certificate is issued by US Govt then you to notrize the copy and a letter requesting them for endorsement. Also it is better to endorse in both your passport's with each other's name. If you look thru this thread luxgc has also posted a detailed description.

Booker

Re: I got reply from Chennai IV

Originally posted by msns
I send them a mail asking for interview date and got a reply.

"Please check with us on monday."

That means check with them again on 14th July, Monday. Hope it helps.

I got the same reply too from chennai.

Booker

I have sent a mail to chennai on yesterday and got a reply this morning . My interview date is aug 28 , 2003
My details:
Case completed at NVC may 30 , 2003
case sent to chennai on june 4

thanks a lot Booker , i have also gone through luxGC s reply . but i am confused that does we get a new passport because of this change or they just enter spouse's name in the current passport ?

Confirmed Interview

I got an email from Chennai consulate confirming interview date on Aug 29th 10.00 AM.
My details:
EB3
P3 entered into NVC system: 05/07
P3 review completed: 05/16
P3 mailed to Chennai: 05/21
P3 received at Chennai: 05/28
Interview Date: 08/29

Hello,

Sent an email to chennai consulate, got my interview date.

AUG 27th, 11.00 A.M.

Good luck everyone

Expected interview.

I have read the above posts.. congratulations to everyone who have received August interview. I would like to share some of my details.
My case category : F4
Case processing completed by NVC : 28th May, 2003.
Case entered into consulate's system : 03rd June, 2003.
Local consulate : Mumbai.

Can i expect an August interview. I doubt an August interview because of the oversubscription of India chargeability that would affect applicant's of F4 :( :(. I would appreciate your responses :) :) :). If any of the F4 applicant's have got their interview's in August please post your details.:confused:

Soumi,

You will not get a new passport for adding your spouse name. They will enter the spouse name in your current passport.

lux

Originally posted by soumi
thanks a lot Booker , i have also gone through luxGC s reply . but i am confused that does we get a new passport because of this change or they just enter spouse's name in the current passport ?

Name is endorsed in the existing passport.

Booker

Port of Entry matters or not?

I am trying to reserve tickets. Its difficult to get tickets in good price. the best deal i am getting for port of entry as LA ( LAX) . I read somewhre in this forum that dallas is better and LA is worse. Do you guys have any comments? Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

My interview is on 29th Aug at 8:00am.
msns, i will be leaving from Dallas and i am going to look for tickets in the next couple of days. Will let you know how it goes.

Booker.

Hi all,

My interview date is August 28th at 8.00 am.

Booker,

I am also from Dallas. If u get a good deal on tickets let me know. I'm going to start shopping for tickets............

Thanks,
lux

Booker, luxGC ; I am from Dallas and getting lowest price in Cathay Pacific through far east, (LA as POE). Difficult to get DFW as port of entry. No return tickets available in Lufthansa. ( other than in the date Sept 11th) . Also AA-Emirates is available , but pretty costly. If you guys come across some good deal, please let's know.

Originally posted by msns
Booker, luxGC ; I am from Dallas and getting lowest price in Cathay Pacific through far east, (LA as POE). Difficult to get DFW as port of entry. No return tickets available in Lufthansa. ( other than in the date Sept 11th) . Also AA-Emirates is available , but pretty costly. If you guys come across some good deal, please let's know.

Hello msns,

I have blocked ticket's in Lufthansa for $1275 +tax(around $120) leaving on the 22nd of Aug and returning on the 22nd of Sep(Dallas-Chennai-Dallas). I think it is a pretty good deal. I blocked it thru Sky Line Travels based on Irving.

Booker

Thank you Booker.

>>>>

Hello msns,

I have blocked ticket's in Lufthansa for $1275 +tax(around $120) leaving on the 22nd of Aug and returning on the 22nd of Sep(Dallas-Chennai-Dallas). I think it is a pretty good deal. I blocked it thru Sky Line Travels based on Irving.

Booker

Question about interview dates

My CP is in delhi, the interview dates are not published on the web site, can you please let me know from where did you come to know about the interview dates?

Send a e-mail to Delhi Consulate with your case number, they will send you the interview date. I got the date from Chennai Chennai consulate.