**Likely** August 2003 interview - chennai - Track here

hey guys,
People going through Frankfurt do they require transit visa if the visa on the passport and i-94 have expired but have a valid h1b

You need transit visa if you go through frankfurt and dont have a valid visa stamped in your passport for the USA. I dont understand when you say that you dont have a valid I94. I hope your h1 extension is pending or got I-94 extended with your extension. If not, you are out of status; it might cause problems when you leave and during CP interview, especially if you have overstayed for 180 days or more.

Cannon576,

I saw in one of the threads that your H1B extension has been approved recently. Congrats.......... I am waiting for my 7th year extension approval. My receipt date is Feb. 6 2003. I have my CP interview date next month and hoping that my extension will get approved soon.

Can you please post the phone no. to reach the immigration officer (TSC) to enquire about my H1 case status.....

Thanks,
Lux

Hi cannon576,
Thanks for you reply. Let me restate my question more clearly. The visa that is stamped on my passport and my wife's passport(H4) was valid till 15-Dec-2002. We however got the H1 extension till Nov -2003 in hand (both H1 and H4) but they are not stamped on the passport. We are taking lufthansa to go to chennai for the immigrant visa interview in august. Will it be a problem since we dont have a visa stamped on the passport for the extended H1 period. Do we need a transit visa in this case.
I hope this is clear.
Thanks

Since your visa stamps have expired, you both would need transit visa. There is a thread on getting transit visa from Germany embassy in this forum. it takes only couple of days to get it.
I hope you got I-94 extension with your h1 & h4 approval notice (it is the stub at the bottom with valid dates for your stay). If not, you are in big trouble.

cannon576,

Appreciate any info on this..........

lux

Originally posted by luxGC
Cannon576,

I saw in one of the threads that your H1B extension has been approved recently. Congrats.......... I am waiting for my 7th year extension approval. My receipt date is Feb. 6 2003. I have my CP interview date next month and hoping that my extension will get approved soon.

Can you please post the phone no. to reach the immigration officer (TSC) to enquire about my H1 case status.....

Thanks,
Lux

Case Sent: July 18th
Interview : Aug 26 , 11:00 AM

I was expecting my interview in Sep.

I did see a couple of guys who have reserved tickets on lufthansa through SkyLine travels. Do post the phone number of the travel agent. I am getting a quote of $1475 + Tax, Phx-Bangalore from my travel agent.

Jay

i already posted the info in the thread 'H1 extension approved' as this was not the appropriate thread. but anyway, here you go...
>>>
There is no direct number for TSC.
You can check status online by going to:
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics.../casestatus.htm

or by calling toll-free 1-800-375-5283, which is a national customer service number.
If the status online says processing, the customer service ppl are gonna say the same thing. With the recent changes in the telephone customer service policy, i am not sure, if they will transfer you to TSC. You can try your luck. Based on the current processing time, your case should have been approved or they are inspecting it closely as it is for 7th year extension (you may expect RFE too). But, you shouldnt have to worry as long as the h1 extension is pending when you go for the interview, as your stay now is authorized.

My interview dates:
Aug 29,2003 8.AM.

I know there had been numerous posts about all the documents to be carried for the interview. Do somebody have the latest and greatest of this list. I am going along with my wife . My son is a US citizen. Can somebody list all the documents to be carried.

Thanks in advance

I happened to submit my original marriage certificate and birth certificate along with my packet 3 to NVC for verification since it was specified to send originals in my case.

Anybody with similar experiences ?
Are those documents are sent back to me or the lawyer or sent to Chennai consulate?

Jay

Call NVC

You may call NVC and find out. Also post this in other threads too. Hope some Guru's will repond. Good luck. !

>>
I happened to submit my original marriage certificate and birth certificate along with my packet 3 to NVC for verification since it was specified to send originals in my case.

Anybody with similar experiences ?
Are those documents are sent back to me or the lawyer or sent to Chennai consulate?

Jay

Originally posted by jchandra29
Case Sent: July 18th
Interview : Aug 26 , 11:00 AM

I was expecting my interview in Sep.

I did see a couple of guys who have reserved tickets on lufthansa through SkyLine travels. Do post the phone number of the travel agent. I am getting a quote of $1475 + Tax, Phx-Bangalore from my travel agent.

Jay

Jay,

I booked my tickets on Lufthansa Dallas-Chennai-Dallas for $1375(incl tax). Here are the numbers of the travel agent i used.

Carmel Travels @214 634 1800

Skyline travels @ 214 634 7277

Interviews in August

My interview date is August 27th...and does any one keeping track of all the august interview goers? It would be nice to have a list:

Name InteviewDate
_____ ________________
Rao 27th August 8AM

Please add to this list if your interview is in august...i hope this helps us to share more info between us.
Thanks,
Rao