light at the end of tunnel or a mirage for name check

I take everything that comes from USCIS PR machine with grain of salt. Still remember that "less than 1%" of applications stuck in the name check.

I'm hoping to see some improvement too.

By the way, went for another infopass this afternoon. Got out of DO within 5 minutes after hearing the same thing that my case is with Nebraska and has not been forwarded to DO as the security clearance is not yet complete. I asked if there is anything that I can do to expedite the case, the bloke says, you could have filed WOM earlier, but now we are not scheduling interviews so take it easy.

I think it is an old news. They've announced it last December.
And then FBI announced that they would clean up the backlog in 6 months. But, only several weeks later, they've anounced that they would clean up the backlog in 12 months. So, as you can see, they have no clue when they will actually clean up the backlog.
I am really curious how Green Card approvals are effecting this process if any. As you know, people are getting green cards after 6 months now without completing the background check. So, it could be that:
- FBI is doing all it can to work on Green Cards applications.
- Not changing their queue.
- Put more people on N-400.
Who knows what is really going on ....

---
Priority Date - 01/19/2007

the light showing up in the end of the tunnell is a mirage too... at least for me. What happened to that slogan "Today We March Tomorrow We Vote"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whose slogan was this?

Rememember last year they were so close to giving legal status to 14 million illegal people... there were so much uprising.... that slogan came from Latinos... and we hear nothing about that now .... so many people were hopeful and so many started to cross the US border illegally so that they can get legal status too.

From a personal perspective, I cannot digest the fact that people breaking the law should be rewarded. It may sound curt, but overstaying and entering without inspection is breaking the law and should not be rewarded in any form or shape.

so many people were hopeful and so many started to cross the US border illegally so that they can get legal status too.

Your perspective but not the politician perspective who don't care about anything except their own pockets to make more money.
If they would legalize those people, by now we were all screwed. USCIS barley can handle 1.4 million people in 14 months, 14 million would be 140 months. Then Citizenship line would extent its limit to 6 years, then I could bring my wife here 10 years later.

But,

Lawyers and all these people involve in this process could make a fortune like USCIS does now after fee increase. $675 for Citizenship application? That is a joke! If you were even fair enough and charge base on time and material it couldn't even reach $300.

There is so much going on behind all this that I am disgusted to even think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a personal perspective, I cannot digest the fact that people breaking the law should be rewarded. It may sound curt, but overstaying and entering without inspection is breaking the law and should not be rewarded in any form or shape.

In one way... most of us overstay.. in our interview for F-1 student, visitor, H-1...., we try our best to convinvce them that we will not overstay and come back after our pupose...

As far as border is concerned, USA can easily control that if they really want to... who will do the dirty work then! --- All politics and nothing. USA wants the people to break the law so that they can abuse them.

As I said, this is a personal perspective. I came to the US with a declared intention to marry a citizen and stuck to my given word. I studied in the UK and turned down a job after graduation simply because 3 years prior I had given my word to leave the UK after graduation.

In one way... most of us overstay

No such convincing required for H-1B and L-1A/B visas.

in our interview for F-1 student, visitor, H-1...., we try our best to convinvce them that we will not overstay and come back after our pupose