Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
LUD chaged today

My I-765 Efile RD is 22nd Nov 2006, Biometrics 6th Dec 2006, sent 3 expediate request...my current EAD expired and I am on leave of absense. Today my LUD changed to 29th Jan 2006...what does that mean?

Photos were definitely required with my efiled application, it asked for them clearly on the confirmation letter. I would suggest following the evidence list on the confirmation letter very closely.

Hassan, are you sure you spoke with an immigration officer because the regular customer service agents can also send this status request. Unfortunately in my experience the status request doesn't carry a lot of weight. I have had a lot of trouble getting the customer service people to connect me with an actual immigration officer this month, the last call I made they even said they couldn't do it any more.

Day 91 for me tomorrow. My congresswoman's liaison has told me that its been approved but I haven't had the email yet. My LUD did change today but it still says pending. Going to take all my paperwork plus the INS 90 day rule text and the memo that states what the current procedure should be. Wish me luck!

jimothy,
Thanks man for your replies and prompt responses...

I think I just talked to a regular customer agent. I will ask them tomorrow to connect me to an immigration officer. I am calling them everyday on my way to work... just turn on my cell phone and invest traffic time for phone calls.. :)

Thanks again man and I hope you will get yours ASAP before you get into trouble or any more frustration...

83 Days applied for EAD renewal

Hi,

Its a great thread. For me its 83 days completed today (NebraskaSC). My EAD expired in Dec & i am sitting job less right now.My employer said i cannot work w/o the legal document. The article about new rules on EAD says it would issue withing 90 days but doesnt look like its happening.
I am almost dead waiting for it. On Jan 6th i plan to take Infopass in local INS but i know that wont help much.
Any comments please welcome..!! Is there any other no where we can call for CS other than the automated no?

Hi Everyone,

I came 6 years ago to US, I applied for asylum, one year later I got married to GC holder, the judge was posponing my hearing till my wife became a USC, I had pending asylum case (deportation processing), two months ago the INS attorney asked my lawyer to apply for adjustment of Status (I-485) at Texas center, we did apply, we got the receipt notice, two weeks later I received notice for fingerprinting. Couple days ago, I went to the court again, the judge decided to terminate proceedings (deportation) and to submit a copy of I-485 package to him and to INS attorney, my lawyer asked me to wait for an interview.
The only problem I have it now is work permit, since the Judge close the asylum case, I can not apply for it based on asylum case, I applied last week for work permit based on I-485, my old one is going to expire, folks any ideas, I sent expedite request letter last week, but no response, my company is asking me to submit a new work permit card otherwise I loose my job, I have two US born children, I support my family, I pay mortgage.

Please your helllppp!!

EADSTUCK said:
My I-765 Efile RD is 22nd Nov 2006, Biometrics 6th Dec 2006, sent 3 expediate request...my current EAD expired and I am on leave of absense. Today my LUD changed to 29th Jan 2006...what does that mean?

which service center did you file for your EAD?

Eadstuck

EADSTUCK,
thats normal. you'll see many changes (2-3 changes to the LUD) which means it's coming soon... glad tidings for you :)

If it does not come soon, call them and get connected to an immigration officer not customer agent and be nice enough to get what you're looking for

Good luck!!

ead

hello hossamy hello everyone today i spoke to an immigration officer and he told me that i will get my ead after 90 days since the rfe was sent i sent the rfe the 10/11/06 they received it the 14 /11/06 and my lud was touched today for the 3d time the 26 and 29 and 30/1/07 i hope i will get it my ead soon inchallah becoz im joblees right now

LUD changed twice

but case status still says pending! Any idea what is going on? How long does it usually take?

Coming Soon

EADSTUCK
LUD changes whenever the officer touches your case, its a good sign. in my case it took a week untill the message changed while the LUD was updated every other day. do you keep track of your latest LUD's dates?

pacousi25
Are you sure you spoke to an immigration officer not a customer service rep?
and after the RFE its 60 days not 90 but usually it will take much less time than that. Keep your eye on the LUD's (it sounds like an approval is coming)and let us know.
Good Luck :)

hossamy

yes im very sure i spoke to an immigration officer becoz i told the customer service i need to speack to an immigration officer so he told me that they sent me a rfe for my i485 so they cant give me my ead till after 90 days they receive the evidence and it has been 80 days now since they received the rfe my lud was touched 3 times 26 and the 29and the 30/1/07 it wasnt touched today and my case status hasnt changed yet is that mean that my ead is coming soon maybe

Thanks

yes I do. It changed on 29th for the first time and changed again on 30th.. I it didn't chage today...so if you have to make a rough/wild guess when would I get it?

hossamny said:
EADSTUCK
LUD changes whenever the officer touches your case, its a good sign. in my case it took a week untill the message changed while the LUD was updated every other day. do you keep track of your latest LUD's dates?

Make a prayer and Keep them crossed !

EADSTUCK and pacousi25
Both of guys, it's a great Coincidence. It's like your cases landed in the same officer hand!! any way, it looks like you about to start what I call (the Receiving cycle) so Be patient , it should be only few days away.Both of you guys waited for so long already.
Before we jump into any false/misleading conclusions, I will only say that first you should receive the 3 magic e-mails” Current Status: Card production ordered" then after 2-3 days another 3 magic e-mails” Current Status: Approval notice sent" -which contain the actual EAD-then allow 5 days to the card to come home- keep in mind that I’m talking about business days not calendar days- also keep in mind that your zip code will play a big role in how fast you will receive the actual card, so with that being said, it’s a rough estimate based on previous experience
Result May Vary :)

Good Luck to You All

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

hossamny

you are a rockstar :cool:

So the best case scenario is I get the approved status Email by this week and actual EAD in hand by end of next week.

Hi Hossamy ,

i got the email about card ordered on 30th jan. I thought thats the end & we get the card in mail by 2-3 days. My gosh so there is another process in between?? this is disgusting ...how long we have to wait for this renewal card.
I thought of start working from Feb 5th...as i lost the job long back in Dec 1st wk & was lucky enough to get one if i can report from Monday.
Can we work?? as the valid date on card would be from Jan 30??

thanks for ur immediate response