Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Hossam,
My bad, I did not mean to redirect people from this well-established thread.

You know what, I really searched the whole forum for ailf.org before posting my links.... Also, the post you're referring to has a link to aila.org. probably they're the same :)

Anyways, the thread should get us involved in this step started by AILF...

La tez3al...

Thanks

interim EAD

My Received date is Oct 31/2006. LUD is Dec. 24/2006. So coming Jan 30/2007 going to be 91th day. I am pretty sure my case wont go nowhere by then. Any chance I can get the interim EAD on that day? If not whats the best thing to tell them to get my interim EAD processed and sent to me ASAP? what is the timeframe for interim EAD? Somebody told me that its approximately another 90 days for the interim EAD. Please dont tell me after the wait is another wait and just wait for more.
Thanks in advance for help.

Don't Listen to Them!

fantomknight
Somebody told you that its approximately another 90 days for the interim EAD! well, he/she is wrong.
Interim EAD used to be issued in the same day at the local offices, but now they have to be mailed out.
did you do any step(s) to expedite the process of your application? are you working now? can you get a letter from your employer saying that they will terminate your employment if you don't bring a valid EAD by the time the current one will expire?
Good Luck

hossamny said:
fantomknight
Somebody told you that its approximately another 90 days for the interim EAD! well, he/she is wrong.
Interim EAD used to be issued in the same day at the local offices, but now they have to be mailed out.
did you do any step(s) to expedite the process of your application? are you working now? can you get a letter from your employer saying that they will terminate your employment if you don't bring a valid EAD by the time the current one will expire?
Good Luck

Hey yo,
Thanks for the prompt response. Well this is my first time applying for EAD under C9 category. I did not apply for EAD together with I-485 because I always thought that I could start to work right away at the AOS interview as soon as my passport got stamped. However, I didn't know how come there was the godly FBI namecheck came along and the officer comforted me by saying well you are young innocent and shhh namecheck curse would be unlifted in 2 months top.

Wells its been 4-5 months and the namecheck wait looked so indefinite. And now I graduated from college and needed EAD to work so I applied for it and got my RD in Oct. 31/2006. I did everything I could from stuff I learnt from this thread - called and asked to expidite my case, sent letter to MO center to expidate my case, etc. Nothing changed even LUD. I also talked to congresswoman this evening and she said she would contact me in a week. Hope things get beter. I also heard that ppl also contacted Senators for help. Only this I haven't tried yet. Anyone wanna share?

Coming Tues Jan. 30/2007 will be my 91th wait day. And yes I have the offer letter for my job starting on Feb. 5th/2007 requiring me to have EAD to work. I will bring the letter along as you mentioned, hossamny. Anyone knows how long the interim EAD takes to come you since the 91th day?

Keep up the goodwork guys. Keep everyone informed whats going on and what best to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL 90 days or more for interim EADs

I just found this from Stanford University discussions related to EAD

"...Now, under the new procedure, the interim EAD card can take up to 90 days or less to receive. The San Jose USCIS Office will take your application (after having scheduled an on-line appointment) and forward your request to another processing center. We anticipate that most of the time your original EAD card will arrive sooner than the interim one!..."

Full article can be found here http://www.stanford.edu/dept/icenter/new/focus.html

Even though I know processing times for Interim EAD vary depending on USCIS office locations.

I have the same received date as you fantomknight. My congresswoman's immigration liaison told me that it was approved yesterday but i still haven't seen anything online yet. All I can say is that it should be any day now. However I am also getting my stuff ready to go down there on Tuesday next week.

I would try and get them to approve the original application rather than issue iEAD if I was you. If there are no problems it should be possible for them to hustle it through that day. However, even if that happens, you will not necesssarily have it by 2/5. Have you told your new employer about the problem? If they have employed people on EADs before they will know it can be an issue and that it is not your fault. If you can show them your receipt date I would think they would be understanding. I would think it would be better for them to have some warning rather than fo you to call them on 2/5 and say you can't work.

Good luck with the namecheck, I'm still relatively young and innocent too and now in my 29th month!

I Been There Before,

fantomknight
I also had a job offer with a start date 1/03/2006. it was my dream job and I didn't know what to do, my application was pending for 165 days at that time!!
I called to my future employer and said " can you extend the job offer till the end of jan? since I had no other option and I didn't want to loose the offer.And lucky me, they agreed.
My card came in the middle of the month so I started working the very next day.. you never know what is going to happen tomorrow, so keep up with trying.
Good Luck :)

Safe buffer time for EAD renewal

Hi all a very informative disucssion going on here. Thanks to everyone.

This is going to be my 5th EAD. My current EAD going to expire in Aug 07 and i would like to know with the new process what is the safe time for me to start the process. Anybody knows if they approve my EAD ahead of time are they issuing new ones from the expiry of my old one or from the date of approval?

Appreciate your response.

Also i saw somewhere in this thread someone was saying we have to send paper photos for e-file too. I don't understand. Is this in addition to our appointment with ASC for photos?

Hossamny
You are doing a great job with your inputs to the community. With so much knowledge you acquired about this new EAD process and e-file, could i request you to put together some thing like the online EAD e-file guide currently there as a sticky thread in this forum. Information/Guide in that thread is very old and not sure if it is still relevant.

This just a request looking at your knowledge.

Better SAFE than SORRY

va_il
Thank you, first, I would like to say that there is no set rule when it comes to USCIS, therefore, always play it safe and apply ahead of time (6 month) and send any supporting documents You could think of when applying for I-765.keep in mind that your case will be assigned to an officer, each officer will act in your case as he/she wishes!! That’s why you see some people with a lot of LUD’s and some people with only one or two!! Also some people get RFE and some others don’t.
Bottom-line, to be relevant to your own case, the issue date of your new EAD will depend on the officer, most of the time it will be the expiration date of your old one but the officer may choose to issue it from the date of his/her approval.
You should send FRONT AND BACK COLOR ENLARGED COPY OF (Online Confirmation Receipt notice, Passport, ID, old EAD, I-485, I-40, I-765 Receipt notice and I-94)
You should also send “2 photos” it’s not required but better safe than sorry”
P.s. keep us updated :)

Good Luck To you and best wishes

Woot approved!

I just found out on online case status that my EAD got approved on Jan. 26 and my card is on the way to its owner now. LUD changed to Jan. 28. Finnally, all the pain and agony are over! I wish you guys best lucks. Below is processing time for my case:
RD: Oct. 31 / 2006
Notice Date: Nov. 6/2006
LUD(touched): Nov. 6/2006 - Received your application.
Biometrics: Dec. 6/2006
LUD(touched): Jan. 24/2007 - Nothing new here.
LUD(touched): Jan. 28/2007 - approved, card mailed on Jan. 26/2007.

fantomknight

fantomknight,
Wow, really amazing. Happy for you man...

Mine is almost like yours
RD: Nov. 1st / 2006
Notice Date: Nov. 7/2006
Biometrics Notice Date: Dec. 6/2006
LUD(After biometrics): Dec. 31/2006 - Nothing new here.

I hope mine is coming immediately after yours immediately... this brings hope!!

BTW, did you expedite it or not?

Thanks

Hassan,
Yea I am very happy and satisfied. Anyways to answer your question, I did call the 800 numbers a couple of times in Dec. but no realistic answer from USCIS people at all they bascially just played pingpong with local office people while m being the ball.

So I got really mad and called them once and for all on Jan. 24/2007. Fortunately, I met a very nice officer who was caplable of expidate my case by inputing someth into the system. That was the first time I talked to some1 from 800# who asked in detail about my living location and really listened my needs for the EAD. I aslo asked him if the EAD could arrive before Feb. 5/2007 he said yes it probbly will. After talking to him, I checked case status and found out my LUD immediately changed to current which was Jan.24/2007. So I guess finaly I met a cool guy from USCIS who had the power to do something for my case right at the moment talking to him. I also sent out expidite letter later in the day (Jan.24) and met up with congresswoman on Jan. 26; but personally I am Positive the talk on Jan. 24 did it all for me.

I hope you wil get it soon as we in similar processing times.
Regards,

Infopass on Friday

Hi Everybody,

Last friday I went to INS and Iwas told there my case was approved on Jan 24 and waiting for my biometrics. The officer give me a paper and asked me to go and get my biometrics done which I had done on the same day.Today I saw an LUD on my case but does not say anything.

I-765 RD: 10/27/2006

fantomknight,
Today I spoke to an immigration officer... he was really nice enough to send a request to those who process the case... he told them that it's outside processing time - well, at least close to :) - and hopefully that will help a little.

Is this what the officer did to your case on 01/24 as you said?

Thanks

Infopass on Friday

No.

In my case officer just looked on her computer and told me that my case was approved on Jan, 24. She did not send a request to anywhere and it took her less than a minute to give me this information.

Hassan2007 said:
fantomknight,
Today I spoke to an immigration officer... he was really nice enough to send a request to those who process the case... he told them that it's outside processing time - well, at least close to :) - and hopefully that will help a little.

Is this what the officer did to your case on 01/24 as you said?

Thanks

rfe

hi guys im from ny im f1 married to usc
-25/8/06 i applied for i765 and i485 i130 i131
-i had my fp 25/9/06
-i got rfe 26/9/06
-uscis received the rfe on 14/11/06 witch it was medical exam i-693 and english translation of birth certificath and w-2s
- today is the 24/1/07 and my case status hasnt chnged yet they r still saying on september 25 we mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence ............
-i called the 1800 number many times they didnt help me at all
-i went to a local imigration office with an infopass and they didnt help me
- i sent a letter to missouri national benifets center and nothing happend yet what should i do
- i loged into portfolio and posted my cases there
-the 27 /1/07 and the 29/1/07 was the last update on my i765 and i131 but no last updates on my gc i485
-is that mean that they are working on my i765 and i131

Coming Soon.

pacousi25
Keep an eye on LUD , your approval is coming very soon, you should see a couple of LUD's then the online message will change followed by the 3 magic e-mails.. don't worry
If you can, call the 800 # and ask to speak to an immigration officer, he/she will be able to see your current status.
Good Luck

Double Approval

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
mashikushi and fantomknight
Good Luck and Best Wishes to the rest of you all :)