Letter to Ombudsman -If interested e-mail

purplehazea

Registered Users (C)
E-mailed to:
cisombudsman.trends@dhs.gov
USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

Processing Delays at Nebraska Service Center for EB Cases that have become current on June 1, 2007

Respected Mr. Ombudsman,

I am representing hundreds of Employment based green card applicants who have become current on June 1, 2007 for final Adjustment of Status at the Nebraska Service Center. You are very well acquainted with the causes of procedural delays in USCIS processing. Apart from procedural delays due to heavy work loads, there are delays attributable to security/background checks and delays caused by visa unavailability. The phenomenon of visa unavailability has caused applicants to apply for multiple EAD cards, Advance Paroles and Finger printing (a pre-condition for an officer to consider the case).

In view of the above requirements and circumstances, obtaining an approval from a service center has become a rare occurrance due to the number of pre-conditions that need to be satisified. Therefore when a visa number becomes current for an application on which all processing is complete, it is reasonable for an applicant to expect that the service center has sufficient resources to speedily approve the case before priority dates move back again.

It has been the recent experience of most of us whose cases are with Nebraska Service Center, that cases have not even be assigned to an officer after the priority dates for June were released in May. The reason given is "we were unaware of the volume of applications that will become current and do not have sufficient officers to process these cases speedily".

I wanted to bring this matter to your attention because, this explanation is completely unacceptable when a legal immigrant has complied with all pre-conditions imposed by USCIS including but not limited to the current processing timeline for the case type mentioned for the service center.

I will appreciate it if you could contact the Nebraska Service Center and obtain an explanation for such lack of preparedness on their part. The service center is currently asking applicants to wait for another 60-90 days for assignment of cases to an officer and processing of the case by the officer. During this time if the priority dates move back, the applicant might have to wait another couple of years for an approval.

I will appreciate your response and assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

65 views and no responses, Does this mean you are waiting for someone to write this e-mail on your behalf and enjoy the free ride? No wonder we are stuck like we are.

65 views and no responses, Does this mean you are waiting for someone to write this e-mail on your behalf and enjoy the free ride? No wonder we are stuck like we are.

Hello,

I really appreciate what you have done and trying to help. I am willing to send the email.

Should i have to provide all my case information or just sign my name and send out

Jay

email to cisombudsman.trends@dhs.gov, USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

I have sent the email with slight modifications. Let us see whether this has any impact on the adjudication process.

Thanks,
GJ

To respond to an earlier question: You do not need to include any personal or case information. This ombudsman e-mail address only tracks broad issues being faced by applicants, not individual problems. So you can just put your name and send it off.

I sent an email just a minute back.

USed the first detailed email as a template (as I was very much impressed by the way it was written)

I would also request each one of you to call your friends personally who are not active on this website to send similar emails.

I really commend you all for writing. Remember, the Ombudsman and USCIS need complaints in order to take remedial action in such incidents. We are doing a great service to ourselves and to improve the inefficient system at NSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there number to call and complain, I suggest we should start phone campaign,

remember guys this our last chance, remember what happened last year my PD is july 2002, many of friends from Texas service got approved with same PD last year and history is repeating again.

Please send emails and post phone number if anyone happen to know, we should also start calling them

I think we should seek advice from the Ombudsman's office to figure out what else we can do in addition to this e-mail campaign. I will try calling his office.

I just sent a mail. Thanks purplehazea for the wonderful draft. Appreciate your effort.
Thanks!
vakasree
PD - 06/13/02
485 RD - 12/03