Letter to First Lady Laura Bush does NOT work ! :( GURUS please read

Chrismartin76: I filed a FOIPA request months ago but haven't heard back yet .......-Chris

I do not know the answer to your question but I filed a FOIPA request on June 8th (the same day I sent a letter to FL) and received a "no record" letter from the FBI yesterday. So, in my case it took close to a month to respond. I believe, if you filed months ago, you should resubmit your FOIPA request.....

it has been long time

Hi guys,
I have case pending for 5 years, I went for an interview for my n-400, I was asked for additional info. which i gave them, i have been patiently waiting for respond, but up till now no words from ucis.
anytime I inquire about my status from their office , they will tell me my case is pending. so how long should i continue to wait? and should be my next step.

Thank you all.

Letter to Mrs. Bush

Letter from FBI
-------------------

I came back after a long vacation and received this letter.

I had written to First Lady Laura Bush on April 19th, 2007 regarding my pending Name Check. I had attached FOIPA response letter.

Today I received a letter from FBI - the letter is dated June 20th.

The letter basically says my Name Check was received on Aug 23rd 2006 and is "currently in Process".

It also gives me information that my spouse's name check was cleared on the same day it was received from USCIS.

To those of you who received similar letter of status "in process", has anything happened ?

Letter from FBI
-------------------

I came back after a long vacation and received this letter.

I had written to First Lady Laura Bush on April 19th, 2007 regarding my pending Name Check. I had attached FOIPA response letter.

Today I received a letter from FBI - the letter is dated June 20th.

The letter basically says my Name Check was received on Aug 23rd 2006 and is "currently in Process".

It also gives me information that my spouse's name check was cleared on the same day it was received from USCIS.

To those of you who received similar letter of status "in process", has anything happened ?

I have known some cases where once the namecheck victims receive a letter from FBI usually their checks would be completed in a month or two. You're almost there dude... I have written a letter to FL a while ago but haven't gotten a response yet, such is my luck - damn I never seem to get a break :mad:

Thanks for kind words pipedream. I have little hope as I have always chosen wrong queues.

It is funny to read your signature. At this point I share your feeling of being senile and as cussed as a 70 year old man would be.

Good Luck.

I have known some cases where once the namecheck victims receive a letter from FBI usually their checks would be completed in a month or two. You're almost there dude... I have written a letter to FL a while ago but haven't gotten a response yet, such is my luck - damn I never seem to get a break :mad:

FOIPA letter

This sucks. I know the feeling. I got the exact same letter. Does your letter say "in process" or "pending"? I guess the verbiage doesn't really matter but I was trying to ascertain what their usual jargon is.
38 months is a LONG LONG LONG time. It would behoove you to explore a WOM, but like I told captain, give it another couple of months, since I've read posts where applicants were cleared in about a month or two after getting the letters we did.

Guys, what is a FOIPA letter. Our cases are stuck in name checks for a long time now. Can somebody please give me the details of the adress and the format of the letter to be written

help

First of all how do you send letter to FL? is via email or physical postal letter??

What address do we need to send?

How many days/months after you sent letter to FL did recieved letter from FBI?????

Please help...I would also like to send one

The letter from FBI following to my letter to First Lady stated "in process",
and my name check has been cleared in a month.
Someone in these forums reported same, i.e. after "in process" letter
his/her name check has been cleared in a month or two.
The question is: Have someone reseived "in pending status" letter
from FBI after he/she sent letter to First Lady ?
I know that many people received "in pending status" after inquery
by Representatives/Senators, but not sure about First Lady .
hence or otherwise, "in process" seems to me better than "pending"

fbi.gov

Guys, what is a FOIPA letter. Our cases are stuck in name checks for a long time now. Can somebody please give me the details of the adress and the format of the letter to be written

Go to fbi.gov, click on the link at the bottom of the page that says "Freedom of Information Act"

Fax letter to FL. it works faster

go to whitehouse.gov

and click contact

there you will find fax no.

address the letter to FL and fax.

I received the response from the fbi in one month!

Unfortunately, the letter says that my name check is in process:mad:

Good luck.

First of all how do you send letter to FL? is via email or physical postal letter??

What address do we need to send?

How many days/months after you sent letter to FL did recieved letter from FBI?????

Please help...I would also like to send one

Count me too

EB3 INDIA PD Aug 2002.
EB3 140/485 ND: Dec 2004.
I-140 AD: 02/14/2005.
2 EAD's and 2 AP's.
Applied for 3 EAD and 3 AP
FP-1: May 05 (Code 3).
FP-2: 06/19/07 (Code 3).
I-485 TSC ---> TSC: 03/02/07.
I-485: LUD 06/19/2007, 06/20/2007
Info Pass Appt: 06/25/2007-NC pending since Jan 2005
Wrote letter to FL,Senators,
Congressman on 06/28/2007- No response yet

filing a lawsuit

I read somewhere that some chinese people whose name checks were pending for long filed a lawsuit and their name checks cleared within a month after they did that. Why can't we all together hire an attorney and file a lawsuit on this ?

Count me too

EB3 INDIA PD Aug 2002.
EB3 140/485 ND: Dec 2004.
I-140 AD: 02/14/2005.
2 EAD's and 2 AP's.
Applied for 3 EAD and 3 AP
FP-1: May 05 (Code 3).
FP-2: 06/19/07 (Code 3).
I-485 TSC ---> TSC: 03/02/07.
I-485: LUD 06/19/2007, 06/20/2007
Info Pass Appt: 06/25/2007-NC pending since Jan 2005
Wrote letter to FL,Senators,
Congressman on 06/28/2007- No response yet

can somebody instruct how to request the FOIPA, just the form or I have to attach a cover letter stating the request is for name check purposes ?

Thanks so much !

GG

Case approved! :D

Hi, guys. My GC is approved after the long 3.5 year waiting. I believe it was FL's help that made it work; exactly 2.5 months after I received the letter from FBI. Captainv's theory is working! Guys, keep your hope and you will all see your NC get cleared and your case get approved shortly. I am going to send a thank you letter to FL, she is such a great help.

Good luck to you all.

My name check has been pending since March 2004; sent a mail to FL in Feburary this year (no FOIPA result attached). Received FBI mail stating "in process" dated May 6; Name check still pending per infopass on July 2nd. Guess my case falls out the 2nd theory. :(

can somebody instruct how to request the FOIPA, just the form or I have to attach a cover letter stating the request is for name check purposes ?

Thanks so much !

GG

Forget FOIPA, just write a letter to Mrs. Bush, that'll do!

Google "FBI FOIPA" and then click on the "FOIA Request Form" - you'll get the details there.

Btw, I'll go with pipedream on this - I did not attach FOIPA report when I wrote to President or FL, and it worked fine for me.

Thanks so much !

GG

Google "FBI FOIPA" and then click on the "FOIA Request Form" - you'll get the details there.

Btw, I'll go with pipedream on this - I did not attach FOIPA report when I wrote to President or FL, and it worked fine for me.

I wrote a letter to first Laddy on 01MAY07. She forwarded to Department of Justice acc. FBI and I got an answer yesterday, dated 18JUL07, that my NC was requested on 08MAR03 and NC submission cleared on 02APR03. They sand the results to USCIS HQ in Washington, DC.
Conclusion: From APR03 till now VSC left my case in a cave with dusts.:eek:

jhawilla,

Atleast you are out of the Name Check mess.Take an infopass and show the letter you received form FBI to the IO.Ask him/her to email the TSC. Also contact your area Senator/Congressmen and ask them to follow the case with TSC.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanxs, vicky007. My congressmen, already sand email to VSC and they start working on my case again in 05MAY07, when I got LUD. They said our case is assigned to an officer. On 24MAY07 I got an email from CRIS [RFE] and on 06JUL07 they sand me a FP3 letter. Things works, but just this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jhawilla, it's definitely good news that your NC is clear. You should contact your Congressman/Senator right away, with a copy of the letter you received from the FBI. Your Congressman can fax the letter to USCIS and open a Congressional inquiry for you.

You might want to act fast. If you play your cards right, you should get your approval in the current wave of approvals from TSC.

Good luck!

I wrote a letter to first Laddy on 01MAY07. She forwarded to Department of Justice acc. FBI and I got an answer yesterday, dated 18JUL07, that my NC was requested on 08MAR03 and NC submission cleared on 02APR03. They sand the results to USCIS HQ in Washington, DC.
Conclusion: From APR03 till now VSC left my case in a cave with dusts.:eek:

Oops! I did not see this posting from you, when I posted my earlier one.

Thanxs, vicky007. My congressmen, already sand email to VSC and they start working on my case again in 05MAY07, when I got LUD. They said our case is assigned to an officer. On 24MAY07 I got an email from CRIS [RFE] and on 06JUL07 they sand me a FP3 letter. Things works, but just this way.