Letter to First Lady Laura Bush does NOT work ! :( GURUS please read

Congratulations ybyreddy! I believe you would receive your I-485 approval within the next few weeks. Please keep us posted.

Hi,
I wrote a letter to FL on 02/23/07 and gor the resopnse from FBI on 04/25/07.

The letter says " The letter dated.. directed to Mrs. G.W. Husg concerning your name check status for immigration was forwared to FBI.."
" ... that your request was received from USCIS on 10/21/2005. This submission was processed and finalized on 04/14/2007. The results were forwared to the ISCIS HQ, DC"
==

Hi,
I wrote a letter to FL on 02/23/07 and gor the resopnse from FBI on 04/25/07.

The letter says " The letter dated.. directed to Mrs. G.W. Husg concerning your name check status for immigration was forwared to FBI.."
" ... that your request was received from USCIS on 10/21/2005. This submission was processed and finalized on 04/14/2007. The results were forwared to the ISCIS HQ, DC"
==

congrats,

does the fbi letter mention when they received the letter from first lady office?

u sent ur letter to first lady by regualr mail or what? any idea when it was received by her office?

this did not work for me either

I just received exactly the same template letter from FBI, saying that my NC request received from USCIS on 3/4/2004 is still pending.

I sent a letter to FL on 3/7/2007, (did not include the FOIPA result). I got this FBI response today, dated 5/2/2007.

I guess 38 months is not enough to investigate me.

So what's next? WOM? :(

I just received exactly the same template letter from FBI, saying that my NC request received from USCIS on 3/4/2004 is still pending.

I sent a letter to FL on 3/7/2007, (did not include the FOIPA result). I got this FBI response today, dated 5/2/2007.

I guess 38 months is not enough to investigate me.

So what's next? WOM? :(

This sucks. I know the feeling. I got the exact same letter. Does your letter say "in process" or "pending"? I guess the verbiage doesn't really matter but I was trying to ascertain what their usual jargon is.
38 months is a LONG LONG LONG time. It would behoove you to explore a WOM, but like I told captain, give it another couple of months, since I've read posts where applicants were cleared in about a month or two after getting the letters we did.

Two Namecheck request from USCIS to FBI for one person

Even I mailed First Lady Laura Bush. I didnot get any reply from FL office but received letter from FBI.

"Your letter dated February XX,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on May XX, 2006 and June XX,2006. Both of these submission are currently in process.

The FBI Processes Blah blah........

I wonder how come USCIS sent request two times to FBI for one person Namecheck. Its so weird. Can anyone guess the reason.
My derivative name check is cleared long back .

Mine says "still in process", if it matters.

if u realise, most of the guys that didn't attach foipa, got the pending statement or in process.

guys, from now on , attach to ur letter to first lady the FOIPA. most people who attached FOIPA, got cleared but not the same for people without FOIPA.

MY THEORY THAT IS BASED ON STATISTICAL OBSERVATION IS:

TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF CLEARING YOUR NC, ATTACH FOIPA TO YOUR LETTER TO FIRST LADY.

Last edited by a moderator:
what if...?

My hope now is that they simply changed the letter template, so that the response letter wording is now different, murky and harsh, but they are still physically performing the same routine of cleansing the request queue, but then it's just me trying to justify my existence here, building castles of sand.

if u realise, most of the guys that didn't attach foipa, got the pending statement or in process.

guys, from now on , attach to ur letter to first lady the FOIPA. most people who attached FOIPA, got cleared but not the same for people without FOIPA.

MY THEORY THAT IS BASED ON STATISTICAL OBSERVATION IS:

TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF CLEARING YOUR NC, ATTACH FOIPA TO YOUR LETTER TO FIRST LADY.

Antonio
I'm starting to believe that you've got a really valid point about the FOIPA and a name check cleared letter. Statistically, it does seem that folks who've attached the FOIPA have received a green light letter from the feds, and those of us who did not, did get the 'in process' letter.
Now, what remains to be seen is that whether despite getting the 'in process' letter, the name checks do magically clear in a month or two after receipt of the same. Again, this might be pure wishful thinking and speculation on my part, but I have seen folks who did get this letter get their name check finalized a month or two after.
New theory. If the FBI gets your request letter with the FOIPA, its probably easier for them to locate your records. If the FOIPA is missing, they shelve it, send you the 'in process' letter, but categorize it under their "WH" queue (anyone notice the referral on top right of the letter, distinctly says WH - White House), but do follow through on these letters after they dig up your records (same ones obtained by the FOIPA)...just a wild guess on my part. Just trying to follow what a standard office environment would do.

I know how everyone of us stuck in name check feels...frustrated to the nth, and this might not be a popular post, but at some point you have to empathize with the workloads these agents must have. Probably not an easy job. Think about it, if a person of malintent does slip through the cracks and avails of an immigration benefit, it is their responsibility. It cannot be a good feeling and it must be a hard hard job for that reason alone. You have to empathize with them. Not that I don't wish my 13 month pending name check wasn't cleared a long time ago, but its not the fault of the folks doing the grunt work, its just that the system hasn't provided them with enough resources, financial and human to conduct these tasks in reasonable timeframes. Just my $0.02.

Antonio
I'm starting to believe that you've got a really valid point about the FOIPA and a name check cleared letter. Statistically, it does seem that folks who've attached the FOIPA have received a green light letter from the feds, and those of us who did not, did get the 'in process' letter.
Now, what remains to be seen is that whether despite getting the 'in process' letter, the name checks do magically clear in a month or two after receipt of the same. Again, this might be pure wishful thinking and speculation on my part, but I have seen folks who did get this letter get their name check finalized a month or two after.
New theory. If the FBI gets your request letter with the FOIPA, its probably easier for them to locate your records. If the FOIPA is missing, they shelve it, send you the 'in process' letter, but categorize it under their "WH" queue (anyone notice the referral on top right of the letter, distinctly says WH - White House), but do follow through on these letters after they dig up your records (same ones obtained by the FOIPA)...just a wild guess on my part. Just trying to follow what a standard office environment would do.

I know how everyone of us stuck in name check feels...frustrated to the nth, and this might not be a popular post, but at some point you have to empathize with the workloads these agents must have. Probably not an easy job. Think about it, if a person of malintent does slip through the cracks and avails of an immigration benefit, it is their responsibility. It cannot be a good feeling and it must be a hard hard job for that reason alone. You have to empathize with them. Not that I don't wish my 13 month pending name check wasn't cleared a long time ago, but its not the fault of the folks doing the grunt work, its just that the system hasn't provided them with enough resources, financial and human to conduct these tasks in reasonable timeframes. Just my $0.02.

I also agree with Antonio (at least I want to ).... However there are couple of theories flying around here. I will be happy if you guys can comment on those:

1) When you send a letter to the FL, FBI may send you three different kind of letters one says a)Finalized, the other says b) in process and the third one says c)pending

Now of course if this is correct I will be happy because I got an in process letter and it is better than pending.... However, I have yet to see somebody who wrote to the FL and got a letter from FBI which says name check is pending (not in process)... Probably people write here that FBI said their name check is pending but in reality their letter too says in process and they were just translating it that way :(

2) Assuming that there are two different FBI letters a) finalized and b) in process, if you get the in process letter from FBI after you mail the FL, you may still get cleared because FBI simply looked into your file and the DUST on your file is wiped... So you may get cleared in a month or two after you get the in process letter.

Again, I really want to believe in this theory. But those people who got cleared after they receive the in process letter may be cleared just in a normal process (i.e., it may be random, self selection bias: someone who got cleared will write here)... It has been nearly 1 month after I receive the FBI letter and still there is no NEWS: well I called TSC but they refuse to tell me my name check status.... So ONE more month of wait and lets see :(

3)There have always been rumors that if your first finger prints expire and if you get new one after you are stuck in the name check for a long time it is a great news because it means that your name is cleared and USCIS is moving your case and giving you the second finger printing

Again, I also was believing in this (even my lawyer was saying this for the past one year). And guess what I received a second fingerprint notice just a week after I receive the FBI letter (and 25 months after my first fingerprint date, i.e., 10 months after they expire) and I was once more very happy thinking that rumors are true and my name check should have been cleared after the "in process" letter from FBI and that is why I am getting the fingerprint notice.... But guess what: as you all know everybody was getting a second fingerprint notice after they got transferrred from VSC to TSC.... So Down again !! :( maybe this does not mean anything either

4) Some people were saying that hey if you get a second fingerprint and there are lot of LUD's than this is great news

Well my first fingerprinting (25 months ago) was a CODE 3, this second fingerprinting was a CODE 1 and I have not seen any LUD and it has been 3 days since I went to the NEWARK office....Now I am thinking maybe people get LUDs if they are CODE 3 and maybe if your second fingerprinting is CODE 3 then maybe that is is good news that your name is cleared and approoval is coming like the above theory suggest!!

Well guys I wrote a lot and wanted to summarize what I learned and what I think.... Any suggestions and any Think-Tank will be appreciated, we are all smart people here and can figure this out...

Good luck to all

check this

captainv1234,

chack this thread http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=246335

Code 1 was enough to approve GC for that person.

Many people didn't get any LUD before magic e-mails. Who knows, what is good to have multiple LUDs or don't have.

We can guess around about LUDs or meaning of "pending" or "in process"
but it may be only our interpretation - nothing has to do with real life.

Letter from FBI

I had written to First Lady Laura Bush on March 10th, 2007 regarding my pending Name Check. I did not attach any FOIPA.

Today I received a letter from FBI - the letter is dated May 3rd.

The letter basically says my Name Check was received on Aug 1st 2006 and is "in Process".

I filed a FOIPA request months ago but haven't heard back yet so I can't really include the FOIPA result with a letter to the First Lady. Do you think it would help to mention that I filed a FOIPA request though?
-Chris

I sent a letter to FL on April 17 without FOIPA. I received a response today 7/05 (letter was dated June 27) that its "in process" - so NC clearance did not work for me. After the FL letter I had filed a FOIPA and received a response a while back that no record was found.

I sent a letter to FL on April 17 without FOIPA. I received a response today 7/05 (letter was dated June 27) that its "in process" - so NC clearance did not work for me. After the FL letter I had filed a FOIPA and received a response a while back that no record was found.

Sydney,
No worries. I got the same response and I hadn't attached an FOIPA. Give it a month and verify your name check status via an Infopass or by POJ and I can pretty much assure you that you'd be in the clear.

I wrote a letter to First Lady on March 20th and I received a letter from FBI yesterday dated June 27th that they received the forwarded mail from Mrs Bush's office and completed the process on March 26th. All these days I was not sure if my H-1B stamping in India triggered the GC approval or my Letter to First Lady, now this letter confirms that it is indeed letter to First Lady. I did not include FOIPA.

I also received the letter from the FBI last week, regarding the First Lady request.
The same "in process" response. No FOIPA attached.
Another letter came from senator's office, saying that they got in touch with the FBI
and the USCIS to request updates on the status of my case.
I will give it a month and check if NC going to be cleared.

My NC didn't get cleared after two months receiving "in process" mail

My name check has been pending since March 2004; sent a mail to FL in Feburary this year (no FOIPA result attached). Received FBI mail stating "in process" dated May 6; Name check still pending per infopass on July 2nd. Guess my case falls out the 2nd theory. :(