Letter to First Lady Laura Bush does NOT work ! :( GURUS please read

A dumb question. What is FOIPA? pl. explain

go to fbi website and look for FOIA and privacy act forms. fill them and send them to the corresponding adress.

the foia or foipa whatever they call it, is something that you apply for and you get a reply back from fbi saying if there is a record on ur name. it is like namecheck to a certain extent. it is kind of proof that you are clear.

I see that there are three kind of letters from FBI following to the First Lady's letter,
that the name check

a) is completed
b) is in process
c) is in a pending status

It seems to me that name check has been cleared in a month or so
if one received the letter b)

Just my 2 cents.

Atanase,

If what you are saying is correct I would be very happy and would declare you a very smart observer! I have seen cases (a) and (b) before! but have not seen case (c)... In other words, I know there are people who got the letters (like Akayal) which says "is completed or (like me) which says "is in process", but are there people who got exact the same letter body but just the word is in a pending status replaced the phrase "is process"

I hope what you are saying is correct and if it is correct that would be great!!!!

Atanase,

If what you are saying is correct I would be very happy and would declare you a very smart observer! I have seen cases (a) and (b) before! but have not seen case (c)... In other words, I know there are people who got the letters (like Akayal) which says "is completed or (like me) which says "is in process", but are there people who got exact the same letter body but just the word is in a pending status replaced the phrase "is process"

I hope what you are saying is correct and if it is correct that would be great!!!!

captain,

i would recommend that u make an infopass in like 3 weeks from now. maybe by then ur name will be cleared.

the pending thing, i saw it with letters to senators and not first lady.
i'm not sure that in process always lead to a clearance within a month or so.

ASC Appointment Notice

Hello everyone,

I have received a second fingerprint notice today... The first one was done on April 2005!!!!!!!

Now as you know the letter I got from FBI (as a result of my letter to the First Lady) was saying that my name check is in process... now 2 weeks after that letter I got this notice it says:

To process your application the USCIS must capture your biometrics. Please appear at the below application support senter at the date and time specified. If you fail to appear as secheduled, your application will be considered abandoned.

Do you think this is just regular since my first finger print expired and since my case got transfered to TSC from VSC on March??? Or do you think something is happening with my name check (i,e, it is clearing) and they are sending this biometrics notice so that they can approve the card??

Any feedback is appreciated. I would Especially appreciate if people who contacted the first lady and got the FBI letter which says still "in process" get a similar Biometrics code comment.

Thanks everyone.

Hello everyone,

I have received a second fingerprint notice today... The first one was done on April 2005!!!!!!!

Now as you know the letter I got from FBI (as a result of my letter to the First Lady) was saying that my name check is in process... now 2 weeks after that letter I got this notice it says:

To process your application the USCIS must capture your biometrics. Please appear at the below application support senter at the date and time specified. If you fail to appear as secheduled, your application will be considered abandoned.

Do you think this is just regular since my first finger print expired and since my case got transfered to TSC from VSC on March??? Or do you think something is happening with my name check (i,e, it is clearing) and they are sending this biometrics notice so that they can approve the card??

Any feedback is appreciated. I would Especially appreciate if people who contacted the first lady and got the FBI letter which says still "in process" get a similar Biometrics code comment.

Thanks everyone.
Captain,
This might be a good sign. I don't want to get your hopes up to high, but since its been that long since your first FP appointment, chances are that the case is ready for adjudication...which probably could mean that your NC is clear. I personally got the same letter as you did, in process, but I don't expect a biometrics appointment, since my last biometrics were taken in April 2006, and I believe are valid for 15 months, which puts me at July 2007.
The other side of the coin is that perhaps the TSC is processing the cases, and part of it is that they noticed your FP has expired and want to schedule a new one, might be standard procedure on their end. On the main Texas thread, there are several folks who have gotten FP notices post transfer from VSC to TSC.
I'd try and schedule an Infopass before the ASC biometrics appointment to find out if your name check results have come back. This is too much of a coincidence....

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone.

Hi Captain:

When was your case transfered to TSC? Mine was transfered on March 7. I am still waiting for the FP2 notice.

Akayal,

hi... Mine was transfered on March 7 (if I remember correctly) as well...

so what do you think is this name check cleareance related? but I am puzzled you know for sure that your name check is cleared!!! so? why do I get it and you do not?

Hi,

Mine might be coming in the mail. Perhaps I will get it next week. No idea. I was told on Monday (April 23) that I will receive my FP2 notice within 6 weeks - that is a large time span!

Did you receive it at your home address or at your attorney's office? They did not give you very much notice - only a week. I am worried mine doesn't get lost in the mail. Oh, well, I should stop worrying!

Captain,
This might be a good sign. I don't want to get your hopes up to high, but since its been that long since your first FP appointment, chances are that the case is ready for adjudication...which probably could mean that your NC is clear. I personally got the same letter as you did, in process, but I don't expect a biometrics appointment, since my last biometrics were taken in April 2006, and I believe are valid for 15 months, which puts me at July 2007.
The other side of the coin is that perhaps the TSC is processing the cases, and part of it is that they noticed your FP has expired and want to schedule a new one, might be standard procedure on their end. On the main Texas thread, there are several folks who have gotten FP notices post transfer from VSC to TSC.
I'd try and schedule an Infopass before the ASC biometrics appointment to find out if your name check results have come back. This is too much of a coincidence....

ks_cc,

Thank you for your comment... It may be a good sign that my name check is cleared? or it may be nothing :( just a regular thing since the cases are transfered to the TSC from VSC....

Seriously I do not know what to believe anymore!! :(

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone.

I called to TSC yesterday and I was told that my biometrics was ordered on april 18th. I submitted 140/485 in september 05 and in the namecheck since november 05. I wrote to first lady and received a response from FBI saying that my namecheck is in the process.
Did you get any LUD's before getting that FP letter?

Me too received FP (code 1) dated April 19 for FP on May 4. My case has been on hold for the name check since 2005.

I called to TSC yesterday and I was told that my biometrics was ordered on april 18th. I submitted 140/485 in september 05 and in the namecheck since november 05. I wrote to first lady and received a response from FBI saying that my namecheck is in the process.
Did you get any LUD's before getting that FP letter?

Sergy: I did not get an LUD.... did you get one?

Do you think this because the name check is cleared due to the letter to the First lady??

Sergy: I did not get an LUD.... did you get one?

No - I did not get LUD's. Last time I was getting LUDs was in March - case was transfered 3/15 and I get mulltiple LUDs but the last one was 3/27.

Do you think this because the name check is cleared due to the letter to the First lady??
I dont know.. That was my first guess.
But seeing how many people on this forum arre receiving FP notices.. I am starting to tink that it is more like a routine... and those FP notices means nothing.

Is My Name Check Cleared?

i finally got a reply to my letter about pending namecheck to President BUsh. it came from USCIS HQ in washingtoin DC.
does it mean that my name got cleared? i'm a bit confused.this is the full text of the letter dated 20 april and reached my mail on 28 april.

Thank you for your letter dated February 17 2007 to the president George w bush. Your letter concerning the status of your i485 application and security checks was forwarded to department of homeland security (USCIS).

We have read your letter and understand that you are frustrated with the progress of your case. Based on the information you provided a search of our records, file A # (my alien number) has been completed. The information received shows that your application SRC-XXX (my case number) is still pending with Texas service center. We have been in contact with that office and have been advised that your case is actively under consideration with an officer at this time. Regrettably, as of this date a final decision as not yet been rendered.

The service is aware that your case has the processing time; unfortunately, sometimes adjudicating a case can become lengthy process. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, uscis will adjudicate your application as son as possible. We also understand the time sensitive nature of this matter and apologize for the inconvenience this delay may cause.

Uscis is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely manner while ensuring public safety and national security though the background checks for most applications or petitions are completed very quickly, a small percentage of cases have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication of the application or petition. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, the agency cannot move forward until all outstanding issues have been resolved to our satisfaction. Unfortunately, the process can sometimes take years.

The background checks involve more than just the initial submission of biographical information or fingerprints and the initial response. If these checks and/ or reviews of the administrative record reveal an issue potentially impacting an applicant’s eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. This inquiry may include and additional interview and / or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses information relevant to the applicant’s background, Uscis asks that agency to share any relevant information for consideration by USCis in the adjudication. Upon gathering and assessing al available information, USCIS will adjuciatie the application as expeditiously as possible.

In checking the status of your case, we have been assured that the agency is monitoring the progress of this case and USCIS is reviewing the information received from the background checks, determining if any additional information need to be collected, and assessing if the information impacts the applicant’s eligibility for the benefit being sought.

We hope this information is helpful and your continued patience is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Routine FP

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone.

On a general reading of the posts here, I find that most of the FP notices have been for the 485 cases filed in 2005. Mine was filed in Aug 2005. I too got an FP notice for 05/04/2007. Seems like several of us might get to have some sort of a Forum Meeting at the Northwest Hwy center.

I FP notice I got this time is for Code 1 (only fingerprints I presume). Like somebody else mentioned, TSC might just be doing the FP for all those whose earlier set expired in the last 3-4 months. Mine expired in Dec 2006.

I dont think your FP notice had anything to do with your letter to the First Lady. I didnt write to nobody and still got the notice.

cheers everybody.

Letter to FL worked for me

Hi,
I wrote a letter to FL on 02/23/07 and gor the resopnse from FBI on 04/25/07.

The letter says " The letter dated.. directed to Mrs. G.W. Husg concerning your name check status for immigration was forwared to FBI.."
" ... that your request was received from USCIS on 10/21/2005. This submission was processed and finalized on 04/14/2007. The results were forwared to the ISCIS HQ, DC"
==

Hi,
I wrote a letter to FL on 02/23/07 and gor the resopnse from FBI on 04/25/07.

The letter says " The letter dated.. directed to Mrs. G.W. Husg concerning your name check status for immigration was forwared to FBI.."
" ... that your request was received from USCIS on 10/21/2005. This submission was processed and finalized on 04/14/2007. The results were forwared to the ISCIS HQ, DC"
==

ybyreddy:

you are very lucky. congratulations!

I wish my letter from FBI said the same :(