Letter to First Lady Laura Bush does NOT work ! :( GURUS please read

I receiced exactly same letter from FBI as you, and my NC has been cleared
in a month or so after receiving that letter. I also sent letter to
Vice President, and they forwarded my letter to USCIS, may be that
letter to Vice President worked as well. Hence or otherwice, the two
letters to White House seems worked for me. I did not attach anything
to my letters, they were just simple letters. See this for details:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1629165#post1629165

Reading posts of these forums, I should note also that results of the letters to White House varies from case to case.

Good Luck !

Atanase,

I tried sending you a private message but could not.

First of all, thank you for your encouraging words... I am happy to hear that there is somebody like me who got a negative letter from the FBI as a result of the letter to the First lady, but then cleared...

As you suggest I read the link you posted... Appearantly your letter to the Vice President was the key (or maybe the letter to the First lady, cleared the dust from your files and the letter to the VP blow the last Punch ??!!)...

Although I am very happy to hear your case, I am also still a bit skeptical and here is why:

1)My case is different than yours, I am a 485 green card applicant, you are a citizenship applicant... so maybe there is a difference

2) your case was pretty new, but my case is older, my 485 application was on December 2004 and name check started on Jan 2005 and it is still pending :(

However, I will send a letter to the VP as you did. In my letter to the First lady I specifically requested her office to expedite the name check, so I did not ask them to contact the USCIS but to specifically deal with FBI... But you are saying that VP forwarded your letter to USCIS for response. So should send a similar letter to the VP as I did to the first lady where I suggest contacting the FBI or should I say USCIS?

Upto now I contacted 3 senators, 3 congressman and 1 Ombudsman and the First Lady.... First Lady's office said they will contact the agencies and they will help.... Then I received this bad letter from the FBI.... Now as Akayal suggested I will not immediately contact the Firsy Lady again but I will contact the VP... maybe a in a month I should send a letter to the First Lady with my NO RECORDS file again (I did not do it the first time!!)

So what do you think?

ks_cc: Thank you for your post, I sent you a private message... Would you please look into it?

Captain, I responded to you a short while ago. Hope I'm semi-coherent, I have this nagging head cold and am in a Tylenol-induced stupor.

:) Reminds me of my Tylenol P.M. and next day driving for 1.5 hours to office early in the morning........ the monotonous patch of I-1287 used to further put in a stupor while driving...............
--Naveen Oshos
Captain, I responded to you a short while ago. Hope I'm semi-coherent, I have this nagging head cold and am in a Tylenol-induced stupor.

:) Reminds me of my Tylenol P.M. and next day driving for 1.5 hours to office early in the morning........ the monotonous patch of I-1287 used to further put me in a stupor while driving...............
--Naveen Oshos

Atanase,

I tried sending you a private message but could not.

First of all, thank you for your encouraging words... I am happy to hear that there is somebody like me who got a negative letter from the FBI as a result of the letter to the First lady, but then cleared...

As you suggest I read the link you posted... Appearantly your letter to the Vice President was the key (or maybe the letter to the First lady, cleared the dust from your files and the letter to the VP blow the last Punch ??!!)...

Although I am very happy to hear your case, I am also still a bit skeptical and here is why:

1)My case is different than yours, I am a 485 green card applicant, you are a citizenship applicant... so maybe there is a difference

2) your case was pretty new, but my case is older, my 485 application was on December 2004 and name check started on Jan 2005 and it is still pending :(

However, I will send a letter to the VP as you did. In my letter to the First lady I specifically requested her office to expedite the name check, so I did not ask them to contact the USCIS but to specifically deal with FBI... But you are saying that VP forwarded your letter to USCIS for response. So should send a similar letter to the VP as I did to the first lady where I suggest contacting the FBI or should I say USCIS?

Upto now I contacted 3 senators, 3 congressman and 1 Ombudsman and the First Lady.... First Lady's office said they will contact the agencies and they will help.... Then I received this bad letter from the FBI.... Now as Akayal suggested I will not immediately contact the Firsy Lady again but I will contact the VP... maybe a in a month I should send a letter to the First Lady with my NO RECORDS file again (I did not do it the first time!!)

So what do you think?

captain,

atanese case got cleared because of the first lady, and not the vice president beleive it or not. this is what happened with atanese i believe:

the first lady sent the request to fbi then fbi replied that the nake check is still pending (same as you got), but as others mentioned here after getting this fbi letter, their namecheck get cleared in a matter of few months. therefore, after 1 to 2 months of receiving the fbi letter, atanese name got cleared and sent to uscis.

now VP didn't do basically anything. uscis will not expedite namecheck because of a letter sent by Vice president. the only thing that uscis will do in this case, is to send the vice president back a reply about ur case status. by the time that the VP letter reached uscis for a repl;y, atanese name got cleared.

it happened that that atanese case got cleared (bcs of first lady again), and the results were received by uscis, and now uscis have the case ready to process and this what they did. so basically VP didn't do anything although it seems he did but it was a coincidence. it is the first lady but at a later time.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Reminds me of my Tylenol P.M. and next day driving for 1.5 hours to office early in the morning........ the monotonous patch of I-1287 used to further put in a stupor while driving...............
--Naveen Oshos
Ha.
Well, one thing I did realize though. Since I usually don't get sick, these past couple of days had me sick enough to even put my anxiety over the name check on the back burner. I strongly advocate for either getting sick or consuming gratituous levels of Tylenol if you're under name check duress.

Do you really think, that FL or VP will expedite your NC?
They just forward your request. After that if you receive immediate NC-clearance letter that means it finally happen to be cleared. Just coincidence.

Hi,

I don't think FL's office explicitly asks them to expedite. However, a status request/referral coming from the FL's office has its own importance, and I believe FBI defers to such referrals - it provides the requisite impetus for the FBI to open your file and act on it.

It would be a hell of a conicidence, if everytime (or at least most of the time) a NC is cleared a few days before/after FBI gets the letter from the First Lady. :) At least, that is what I think.

Hi,

I don't think FL's office explicitly asks them to expedite. However, a status request/referral coming from the FL's office has its own importance, and I believe FBI defers to such referrals - it provides the requisite impetus for the FBI to open your file and act on it.

It would be a hell of a conicidence, if everytime (or at least most of the time) a NC is cleared a few days before/after FBI gets the letter from the First Lady. :) At least, that is what I think.

I agree. I had been a skeptic too, but there have been way too many folks who have written to the First Lady's office, who have been stuck in name check for an inordinate amount of time, only to receive letters from the FBI informing them that the request came from the First Lady's office and their name check results have been finalized and returned to the USCIS. One can dismiss a handful of cases as sheer coincidences, but the track record of success stories using this route proves otherwise.
From the FBIs perspective, if you're stuck in name check and you're taking proactive steps to write a letter to the White House asking for intervention in your case, odds are, you're not a person with mal-intent...I assume everyone realizes that any correspondence a person sends to 1500 Penn Ave garners a great deal of attention and scrutiny.
As to folks who've not been as fortunate to get a positive response from the FBI, I don't know how much of that is luck, or whether they're simply waiting for additional records about the applicant and cannot finalize the name check without them, at the time of receiving the letter. Additionally, how much longer are they going to entertain these requests coming in from the WH. Just like the WOM floodgates were opened, I fear that the FL route is increasingly too popular. Popular enough for them to attempt to squelch such requests.

Just want to add my experience to the ongoing discussion. I wrote a letter to the First Lady in February and in the letter I specifically asked her to help expedite our name check. Last week I received a letter from FBI which is very similar to the one posted by captainv1234. It says that spouse's name check has been finalized (in one day), but my name check is still pending. I got this same information about a month ago through a congresswoman. I like to believe that the First Lady letter will help expedite my name check eventually (as other folks have experienced), but I don't count much on it. Will keep you posted and good luck to everyone!

EB-1(OR) filed at VSC (transferred to TSC 03/15/2007)
I-140/I-485 concurrent: RD 07/18/2005
I-140 approved: 11/16/2005
FP1: 08/10/2005
Name check submitted to FBI 07/28/2005 and pending (via First Lady and NYC Congresswoman)

Just want to add my experience to the ongoing discussion. I wrote a letter to the First Lady in February and in the letter I specifically asked her to help expedite our name check. Last week I received a letter from FBI which is very similar to the one posted by captainv1234. It says that spouse's name check has been finalized (in one day), but my name check is still pending. I got this same information about a month ago through a congresswoman. I like to believe that the First Lady letter will help expedite my name check eventually (as other folks have experienced), but I don't count much on it. Will keep you posted and good luck to everyone!

Name check submitted to FBI 07/28/2005 and pending (via First Lady and NYC Congresswoman)

Interesting...perhaps they're doing this to discourage such requests? I'm in the same boat...my wife's namecheck was completed in about three weeks...a year and one month later, I still languish in process.
I did send a letter to the WH on February 14th. I believe akayal's was dated the same. I did send it via regular mail, and I haven't received squat from anyone yet. My senator also initiated an inquiry on my behalf in March, but I was told that takes about 90 days.
Long story short, I'm still waiting (and hoping) for a letter from the DoJ/FBI.
My impression was that it takes about three months after sending a letter to the First Lady's office.

my question to you is when in february u sent ur letter to first lady?

and what did u attach to ur letter (FOIPA, I 485)?

Interesting...perhaps they're doing this to discourage such requests? I'm in the same boat...my wife's namecheck was completed in about three weeks...a year and one month later, I still languish in process.
I did send a letter to the WH on February 14th. I believe akayal's was dated the same. I did send it via regular mail, and I haven't received squat from anyone yet. My senator also initiated an inquiry on my behalf in March, but I was told that takes about 90 days.
Long story short, I'm still waiting (and hoping) for a letter from the DoJ/FBI.
My impression was that it takes about three months after sending a letter to the First Lady's office.

Hi ks_cc:

Yes, I had sent my letter to the First Lady on Feb 14. The response letter from the FBI was dated April 12.

Hi ks_cc:

Yes, I had sent my letter to the First Lady on Feb 14. The response letter from the FBI was dated April 12.

Thanks akayal. I appreciate your quick response. Our letters were dated the same, but I figured yours probably got there earlier since I went the regular mail route. When I did see your post, it gave me some hope that I'd see something in my mailbox, but unfortunately nothing yet.
Before it's asked, I did not attach anything along with the letter. I simply stated my case details emphasizing that my wife & I have both been here since the mid 1990s (separately), as students, and listed our educational qualifications and work experience. I also mentioned that we have a baby born in the United States and that we're both quite active in our community. Furthermore, I did mention that I work for a non-profit organization in the educational technology sector and do part time work for the DoD. So if all that information doesn't help, I'm afraid I'm out of options.

I sent my letter on February 13, 2007 via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I provided the details of my case (receipt number and date, DOB, etc.) in the letter, but I did not attach any other documents. The letter was delivered at the White House on February 20, 2007. The letter I received from FBI is dated April 12, 2007. Hope this helps!

I sent my letter on February 13, 2007 via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I provided the details of my case (receipt number and date, DOB, etc.) in the letter, but I did not attach any other documents. The letter was delivered at the White House on February 20, 2007. The letter I received from FBI is dated April 12, 2007. Hope this helps!

thanks for the details.

i believe that the letters sent without attaching FOIPA, are getting fbi's reply that it is stll pending. but it seems that letters in which an foipa are attached, are getting postive results. i think the key is the FOIPA. this is my personal opinion.

for example akayal, included an FOIPA, whereas you and captain didn't.

I included FOIPA...and I still got the letter of 'FBI Namecheck still pending'...when I approached Mrs. Bush....

I included FOIPA...and I still got the letter of 'FBI Namecheck still pending'...when I approached Mrs. Bush....

batangc,

from which country are you? is your first or/and last name very common?

u mentioned before that ur namechekc got cleared after 1 month of receiving the fbi pending letter. why don;t u make sure about that by taking an infopass or let ur senator open a liaison with uscis?