• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Letter from KCC re:DV fee

MalaysiaDV2008

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Only 1 more week and I can file for AOS! It's exciting times indeed :)

I sent the $375 DV fee to the department of state on Sept 10th. They sent the receipt back to me with the stamp.

Today, I got a letter from KCC with the following message:
The Receipt received did not include the Case Number or the Name of the Primary Applicant; please send us your Case Number so we can credit the applicant's account.

Seems a little odd, since they know my name and address but not my case number. But I'm just gonna send them a reply anyway.

Hi guys,

I sent the $375 DV fee to the department of state on Sept 10th. They sent the receipt back to me with the stamp.

The Receipt received did not include the Case Number or the Name of the Primary Applicant; please send us your Case Number so we can credit the applicant's account.

Seems a little odd, since they know my name and address but not my case number. But I'm just gonna send them a reply anyway.

That is very very weird

Happaned to me too !

I paid, got the receipt with the stamp, and then exact same letter as you did :mad: My name was on the check... go figures...
I called KCC and was told to send a copy of the check and receipt and to emphasize the name+case number.
KCC got the new mail, I am going to call tomorrow for any updates...

hi,MalaysiaDv2008..i m Malaysian and i got DV2008..

hi MalaysiaDV2008,
Firstly, congrats.

Anyway, this thing is new to me.

I m doing CP and my interview is scheduled on November 2007.

Right now I m working in Shanghai. Are you in US?

I have few questions regarding the police certificates:
1)
I have worked in SH for over a year. I am able to get the police certificate here. Do I need to find a certified translator to translate the police certificate as it was written in Chinese?

2)
The police certificate in SH is valid for 6 months upon issuance date. Do I need to get a new one before my departure to US?

Thanks.

Yes, I currently reside in the US.

a) I am by no means an expert, but I believe that all non-english documents must be translated to english.

b) You will only need the police clearance for your interview. It won't be necessary when you actually leave for the US.

1)
I have worked in SH for over a year. I am able to get the police certificate here. Do I need to find a certified translator to translate the police certificate as it was written in Chinese?

it's not the translator that needs to be certified, but the translation itself

Hi guys,

Did you also send the slip( the one you had to write down the case # and name) that was in the 1st. NL letter, together with your check?