Letter from Department of State. (Passport Question)

I emailed Dept of State to ask what the policy is on retaining the green card when a passport application is submitted. Basically they gave me a non committal response and wouldn't say they do or they don't.
They said to check with the local passport office for specific questions, so I wonder if is state or city specific since some people get their GC back and others don't. It is frustrating that they wouldn't give a real response to my question.

It is frustrating! They want to know everything about us, but don't seem to want to give us any when we ask... Even if it's a question about ourselves...

It seems like the passports are slowing down for processing right now. On VJ earlier this year they were taking 2 weeks or so, now it is more like 3 0r 4 (as it appears on the passport tracking thread from people's updates). I applied 3/16 and DoS still shows "processing" today 4/1

It seems like the passports are slowing down for processing right now. On VJ earlier this year they were taking 2 weeks or so, now it is more like 3 0r 4 (as it appears on the passport tracking thread from people's updates). I applied 3/16 and DoS still shows "processing" today 4/1

My passport application status on the website still showing "processing" and I already got my passport since over a month ago that's why it's best to call them.

Jackson- wow that is surprising that it never changed from Processing to completed? I wonder why some people get updates but other people don't. When you called them did they say it was still "processing" or did they manage to tell you it was completed?

Jackson- wow that is surprising that it never changed from Processing to completed? I wonder why some people get updates but other people don't. When you called them did they say it was still "processing" or did they manage to tell you it was completed?

They told me it was completed, but however still no update on they website. You can call am they can tell you what stage they on with your application that's what I did.

I sent in my passport last month. Today, I came home and received a letter that says this:

Thank you for your recent passport application. If you have already obtained a Certificate of Citizenship issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), please submit this document to our office. If a Certificate of Citizenship has not been obtained, please submit the following:

⦁ Evidence of legal admission to the United States for permanent residence such as your Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, foreign passport containing a 1-551 visa entry stamp, or documentation from the USCIS verifying your legal entry; or

⦁ At least three (3) early public records that show your presence in the United States on or near your date of legal entry such as school, census, or medical records.

⦁ A combination of documents such as school, tax, medical, or court records that documents you were in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent(s) after you entered the United States for lawful permanent residence and before your 18th birthday.
--------------------

So, if I just send them my Green card then we should be good to go? My green card actually expired on October 2014. I let it expire since i was filing a n600 for my CoC anyway, will the expired Green card be a problem? They just want to know my entry to the U.S. was legal that's all right? Thanks for your time and advice!
Hi! You said you sent your green card but did you also send any public records to show your presence in the United States as they asked for it? Please help me on this.

Nope, I sent in my green card and that's it. Notice how it says green card then "or" at least 3 documents showing your presence? Just send that in you are good to go! Congrats btw! The reason I said congrats is because all your other paper work is in order and that is the last thing they need. At least that's what happened to me. Cheers!

Hi! You said you sent your green card but did you also send any public records to show your presence in the United States as they asked for it? Please help me on this.

Nope, I sent in my green card and that's it. Notice how it says green card then "or" at least 3 documents showing your presence? Just send that in you are good to go! Congrats btw! The reason I said congrats is because all your other paper work is in order and that is the last thing they need. At least that's what happened to me. Cheers!
Thank you so much that's great to know! I am just concerned that since I received my green card one month prior to my 18th birthday, they might cause a problem. But it doesnot state how long before you should receive it right? It just says before you turn 18?

As long as it is before, that should count. I think the cut off date is a definitive line which is " before or after"... not 10 or 20 or whatever many days before.

My current GC sponsoring job is in a University teaching hospital (job designation Assistant Professor) but obviously also involves treating patients. The PERM prevailing wage category was teacher/ Professor but job description included patient care. Can the job be changed to that involving only patient care (no teaching) and still be considered same/ similar? How about a job (with patient care only & no teaching) in a private practice