Letter Campaign, Print It, Sign it, Scan It, Upload It.

spidey

Registered Users (C)
This thread to be the owner of all signed letters.
Please do the following:

1. Download the Word Document template
2. Read it
3. Fill in your personal details
4. Delete the instructions in RED
5. Print it
6. Sign it
7. Scan it
8. Email it to manish_at_philly@yahoo.com
9. OR please eFax it as per the addendum below

IFF and when we have at least 100 signatures we will send these letters out to as many senators and media people as we can by US mail.

PLAN IS:
1. On July 1st I will count the number of responses we received.
2. I will post the count here on this very same posting.
3. If we are more than 100 people strong and preferably around 1000 I will create multiple mailing packages and mail to the respective senators and others listed in the Cc section of the letter.

Until then, please look around you, call your friends who are in this process and pass this letter to them... so they can sign and give it to you. Then you can email it to me.

PLEASE NOTE:
On public demand, we will be adding Senators in CA and NY to the list of recipients of the package. If you wish to add another states Senators, please write to me or Igor.

Addendum for eFax-
I volunteer to receive Fax'ed letters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Spidey,

how about this: I can receive Fax on my eFax account and then resend images to your email address? If it's OK, could you update first message you've posted on this thread to list my Fax number?

Everyone: feel free to fax your letters to (209) 391-5571 and I will resend images to Spidey. OK, OK, I promise to destroy images afterwards and not to use your personal info )

Come on - it's that simple - print the letter, sign, and Fax it to me or send to Spidey!

If you're concerned about legality of this letter - I DID run it by my immigration attorney and attorney did tell me that letter is OK (just add your state to CC list).

Spidey, could you post my eFax and link to this thread on other relevant threads?

Igor
------------------------------------------

thanks-

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I fax or mail it to you?

spidey said:
Please do the following:

2. Read it
5. Print it
6. Sign it
7. Scan it
8. Upload it back to the thread

IFF and when we have at least 100 signatures we will send these letters out to as many senators and media people as we can by US mail.

I don't have easy access to a scanner, can I fax it or mail it to you?

Thanks

VAhoper said:

Thanks

Hey VAhoper,

I want to say Yes but after giving it some thought the problem with that is, there are bound to be many here who dont have access to a scanner.

My suggestion is - go to a kinko's and scan it.

If I took it upon myself to scan all the letters faxed or mailed to me, it would create so much work for me that I'd have to hire an assistant (and on my salary I can't afford that ;) )

I hope I dont offend you or others willing to participate.

thanks-
spidey

Create an efax account and communicate the number

We can create an efax account at https://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/signupFree and communicate the fax number to every one in the group. We can all send through fax. The fax will be delivered to the email specified while creating the efax account.

Thanks

SRK.

Last edited by a moderator:
srkotturu said:
We can create an efax account at https://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/signupFree and communicate the fax number to every one in the group. We can all send through fax. The fax will be delivered to the email specified while creating the efax account.

Thanks

SRK.

Lets not confuse the issue.
An efax will still require the document to be scanned.

If it's already scanned and therefore in electronic format, we can just use ordinary email to deliver it if uploading here is a problem to anyone.

I have created an email address solely for this purpose. Lets not create too many choices though - it creates confusion.

spidey said:
Lets not confuse the issue.
An efax will still require the document to be scanned.

If it's already scanned and therefore in electronic format, we can just use ordinary email to deliver it if uploading here is a problem to anyone.

I have created an email address solely for this purpose. Lets not create too many choices though - it creates confusion.

I like the eMail idea better, atleast better then uploading the scan document here. You can tell us the email id and I will send you my letter.

Efax doesn't require a scanner

I do not understand, why scanner is required for efax. Efax work similar way as regular fax, except, the fax will come as an email. The sender can send as a regular fax.

Pl. let me know, if you need any help. I am using this option for the past five years.

SRK

srkotturu said:
I do not understand, why scanner is required for efax. Efax work similar way as regular fax, except, the fax will come as an email. The sender can send as a regular fax.

Pl. let me know, if you need any help. I am using this option for the past five years.

SRK

Efax may not require a scanner.
We require you print the document, physically sign it and then scan it before you send it to us.
No electronic signatures accepted.
We need your personal information AND physical signature.

I think the letter is a great idea and we should go ahead with this.

I also have a feeling that the immigration attorney community also has to play a bigger role. They charge us for the old RIR process, the new PERM process and whatever other crap DOL comes up with. I would imagine that this community has some say in immigration matters. After all they are practicing a process which is not fair to us (the guys stuck in BEC) and I think its time they should speak up as well.

We can write thousands of letters and get ignored by the govt but if these professionals take up this matter seriously, it will have a greater punch.

Just a thought...dont want you guys to get distracted from the letter.

DK

Response from ETA

Any effort from anyone was/is not fruitless. Though Reply is standard but they are getting the letter. Bottom line, There is will there is way. So please take some action(small or big) but don’t keep on planning forever. Thx

====

Dear Mr. Mishra.

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the San Francisco Regional Office sent this application to the ETA Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. The Center informed us it sent a “45-day letter” to the employer or its representative on February 7, 2005, asking if it wished to continue with the processing of the application. The Center received an affirmative response on February 16, 2005, and the case has been placed in the processing queue for Reduction-in-Recruitment cases.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

I hope that this information is helpful.

VAhoper said:

Thanks

I am ready to scan the letter for you if you want me to. You can sign the letter and send it to me by post and I will scan it and email it at address spidey gave us. If you agree with this let me know I can give you address (in PM) where to mail the letter. I am ready to do this for anyone who does not have easy access to scanner, just post the letter to me. Let me know!

Suggestion

spidey said:
Please do the following:

2. Read it
5. Print it
6. Sign it
7. Scan it
8. Email it to manish_at_philly@yahoo.com

Hi Spidey,
Letter looks great. Just one suggestion. This letter runs into two pages. Can we make it into one page. It will make difference. Also we don't need Thanking You and Sincerely. We can have either "Thanking you" or just "Sincerely".

spidey said:
Efax may not require a scanner.
We require you print the document, physically sign it and then scan it before you send it to us.
No electronic signatures accepted.
We need your personal information AND physical signature.

That's not an electronic signature with e FAX. U create an account with eFAX and give us the number.We will download and print the document and then will sign physically and will fax to the eFax Number.That will come to your e mail account directly and u can print that.

That's pretty simple.I too using that from last 5 years and it's free too.

SN

Response to SN4GC

Thanks for your response.

I gave up in explaining to people.

Efax will work exactly similar way of scanner. Instead of sign/scan/send, we simply sign/send without scanning. The only difference is, the receipient requires efax messenger to be installed on his machine, which also can be downloaded from efax.com to open the files.

Thanks

SRK

SRKotturu and the likes...

Guys -

If you want to participate by using eFax - by all means go ahead.... I really dont care, I am not here to make anything off any particular technology use.

I have pointed this out before, there's always someone who's got a better idea than the previous guy, so please dont let your wounded ego hurt the general cause and process.

At the end of it, if there are enough signatures to seem reasonable we can all benefit from this - otherwise I dont lose a damn thing.... and neither will you.

If you like the letter and believe you can make a difference by joining up, go ahead, sign the letter - then whether you use eFax, email, wireless email, or just plain pschokenesis to send me the letter at the email address already provided to you is of no consequence to anyone....as long as it gets here and contributes to the numbers.

-spidey

spidey said:
Guys -

If you want to participate by using eFax - by all means go ahead.... I really dont care, I am not here to make anything off any particular technology use.

I have pointed this out before, there's always someone who's got a better idea than the previous guy, so please dont let your wounded ego hurt the general cause and process.

At the end of it, if there are enough signatures to seem reasonable we can all benefit from this - otherwise I dont lose a damn thing.... and neither will you.

If you like the letter and believe you can make a difference by joining up, go ahead, sign the letter - then whether you use eFax, email, wireless email, or just plain pschokenesis to send me the letter at the email address already provided to you is of no consequence to anyone....as long as it gets here and contributes to the numbers.

-spidey

Hello my Friend spidey,

I already scaned LetterCampaign with my signature, but it's turn out to be PDF file, is it ok with you. Please let me know. It is ready now in my oubox.

Thank you for your all hard work.