Letter Campaign, Print It, Sign it, Scan It, Upload It.

Few issues

Spidey, Appreciate your efforts. However when I downloaded the doc I saw that you have Senator Spector's information already added. If you are planning to send the letters to all the other senators listed in this forum, those won't be in the original anyways. And you can't have so many people send you multiple copies either. I guess the best is we leave out the Senator's name and address and send you a generic letter in the email and you can insert the name & address(massive search/replace in word doc) of the senator you are sending it to. Could you post your reply to this idea and I will email you the letter either ways?

nonewsyet said:
Spidey, Appreciate your efforts. However when I downloaded the doc I saw that you have Senator Spector's information already added. If you are planning to send the letters to all the other senators listed in this forum, those won't be in the original anyways. And you can't have so many people send you multiple copies either. I guess the best is we leave out the Senator's name and address and send you a generic letter in the email and you can insert the name & address(massive search/replace in word doc) of the senator you are sending it to. Could you post your reply to this idea and I will email you the letter either ways?

The letter has to be addressed to one person (Senator) - I chose Senator Spector because of these reasons:

1. I have experience sending similar letters to both Senators from PA, and Senator Spectors office had responded. So I know that this Senator's office responds to Immigrant issues.

2. Philly BPC is in PA so sending to a PA senator makes sense.

3. I reside in PA so it makes sense a letter going out from me would be primarily addressed to a senator from the state of my residence.

I will create a cover letter to all your signed letters where I will explicitly name all senators I send Carbon copies to. I have already received requests to send carbon copies to senators from MA, CA, NY and I will be happy to include other state senators on request.

Please do not change the letters content as we should demonstrate unity by sending the exact same letter signed by "x" number of people in one packet to all recipient senators. Any content change is a distraction from this show of unity.

thanks for your support. It is invaluable and makes a big difference to the others who extend support. We hope we will collectively make a difference in our lives by doing this.

Hello spidey

I am sending you my signed letter scanned to your email address. I have a request to include IA senator. I am waiting since 2003 and I have some friends who applied in 2002 in Non-RIR and still waiting. Our applications are in Dallas. Can we not inlcude both Dalla and Philly BEC's areas are slow so that we get huge response from memebers.

Let me know.

spidey said:
The letter has to be addressed to one person (Senator) - I

chose Senator Spector because of these reasons:

1. I have experience sending similar letters to both Senators from PA, and Senator Spectors office had responded. So I know that this Senator's office responds to Immigrant issues.

2. Philly BPC is in PA so sending to a PA senator makes sense.

3. I reside in PA so it makes sense a letter going out from me would be primarily addressed to a senator from the state of my residence.

I will create a cover letter to all your signed letters where I will explicitly name all senators I send Carbon copies to. I have already received requests to send carbon copies to senators from MA, CA, NY and I will be happy to include other state senators on request.

Please do not change the letters content as we should demonstrate unity by sending the exact same letter signed by "x" number of people in one packet to all recipient senators. Any content change is a distraction from this show of unity.

thanks for your support. It is invaluable and makes a big difference to the others who extend support. We hope we will collectively make a difference in our lives by doing this.

igor_ch,

Me and my colleague are both in same boat as you all(Philly BEC).We want to fax the signed letters to you to be forwarded to spidey.Can we do that today(I mean are you available).We both are from CA and would also like the letters to be sent to CA senators.

After we hear from you,we shall fax them.

Thanks for your help,

igor_ch said:
Hi Spidey,

how about this: I can receive Fax on my eFax account and then resend images to your email address? If it's OK, could you update first message you've posted on this thread to list my Fax number?

Everyone: feel free to fax your letters to (209) 391-5571 and I will resend images to Spidey. OK, OK, I promise to destroy images afterwards and not to use your personal info :))

Come on - it's that simple - print the letter, sign, and Fax it to me or send to Spidey!

If you're concerned about legality of this letter - I DID run it by my immigration attorney and attorney did tell me that letter is OK (just add your state to CC list).

Spidey, could you post my eFax and link to this thread on other relevant threads?

Igor

I sent my letter to igor

thanks for effort igor . I sent my letter to you first name is Lalit. when are you planning to send them to senators.

Hi All,

to answer some of your questions:

1. As of Friday, Spidey had 34 letters - WE NEED 100!!! Please, ask your friends and co-workers to participate.

2. manish_at_philly@yahoo.com is a valid Spidey's email. You can also fax letters to (209) 391-5571. I receive fax in my email and will re-send JPG images to Spidey.

3. Fax letters at any time - fax comes directly to my email inbox and would not be seen by anybody else or wake me up at night ;)

4. If you want to add a state or have any questions about the text of the letter (Dallas vs. Philly, etc), please, email Spidey directly.

5. If you have a co-worker or a friend waiting for LC - please, ask them to send a letter.

6. Lalit, I've received and forwarded your letter. Thanks!

7. Spidey wanted to complete this campaign by end of May and then send the letters to Senator(s), but received somewhere around 20 responses. New deadline is end of June, but we're still short by 66 letters. Please, help!!!

And big thanks to everyone who has sent, is about to send or is looking for friends to send the letters :)

Igor

Last edited by a moderator:
whereismy_gc said:
Guys,

Are we still planing to send these letters? I will send mine ASAP.

Great effort!

Yes.
Please see first message in this thread for details OR simply follow links in my signature
thanks
spidey

Letter to CA Senators

I just sent the letters to Sen. Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstien (both Democratic from CA).

I am the unluckiest to go to Philly from CA DOL.

Letter faxed

I faxed a signed letter to the 209-... fax number today (from Charlottesville).

Thanks,
pmat

Yes, I've received the letter (434-9....) and resent to Spidey. Thanks for participating!

pmat said:
I faxed a signed letter to the 209-... fax number today (from Charlottesville).

Thanks,
pmat

Did we actually send the letters?

Spidey,

I know you did not receive a huge response :mad: but did you send the letters that you had collected? Can you give an update?

Thanks,

No, only 41 letters were collected and I was told by at least one member not to include his letter as his company, a public company had a HR thing where he was not supposed to contact outside agencies.

Either way, the response was not even 50% of the targeted 100 letters minimum.
Also - the BEC's are beginning to send approvals.