Lets Track I-485s Transferred to National Benefit Center

waitingforgcard

Registered Users (C)
It has been noticed that increasing number of I-485 cases are being transferred to National Benefit Center. When a case is transferred to NBC, it can introduce a significant delay of 3 to 6 months in the processing of your I-485 application and thus getting the green card.

Purpose of this forum is to keep track of all the people whose cases are being transferred to National Benefit Center, specially after october 2007 when the new visa numbers have become available.

Pease post following data that will be very useful for people who are in the similar situation as you:

Date Case Transferred to NBC:
Transferred from What Service Center:
Date of Scheduled Inerview:
Date I-485 got approved:
Date Card Production Ordered:

Thanks,

P.S
We will also keep track f this data on the spreadsheet and submit the attachment weekly so that it can be analyzed easily.

I was told that my case is transferred to NBC. dont know the details. no LUD and no notice yet.

Hippos,

When was your case transferred to NBC? Do you mind me asking how did you come to find out if your case was transferred to NBC if there are no LUDs?

Thanks
waitingforgcard

i called today TSC IO told me that the file moved to NBC on 10/10/2007. Also she said, dont know why.

Your case is referred to NBC either because some thing in your application has triggered the need for an interview e.g expired documents, change of employers, any bursh with the law etc

OR

Simply you are the victim of load sharing as Service Centers bit more than they could chew in July 2007 when they made all the Priority Dates current for all categories and over 850,000 applicants applied for their I-485s

Regardless, there is nothing to be concerned about, it seems to be a normal trend these days. Your Online status will change within 10 days to some thing like "Your case is received and pending at the local office"

Regards,
waitingforgcard

Thank You verymuch for the information. Currently no LUD or no msg change or no notice. Did your online msg changed when the case is moved to NBC? also, another msg for Case received? thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, my online status changed two times, one when my case was transferred to NBC, second when NBC received my case.

Allow it some time and the status will change.

gc_wait_485,

Thanks for updating your information. I will publish a spreadsheet with the data that I have received so far on this forum and will make it available by Friday.

Not so many people have shared their case details yet but I will publish whatever data is availble by Friday. It does not look a bad start considering it is the first week since we started this forum.

Thanks

Hi WaitingforGC,
i see LUDs on 10/17 and 10/18 on my case. But no message changed till now.. Wondering why there is no msg change after move to NBC.

Hippos,

Nothing to be concerned about. Many people have experienced this before. Exact reason is not known but one thing that is for sure is that it does not reflect any thing negative on your file. And trust me if it was an RFE, you would have known by now.

The fact that you have two LUDs, My gutt feeling says the first LUD could have been to inform you that your case has been transferred to NBC and 2nd LUD could have been to confirm that your case has been received at NBC

You can always call USCIS or Talk with InfoPass IO to confirm if your case has been received at NBC.

Regards,
waitingforgcard

Thanks Wiatingforgcard.
Eventhough the online status is not changed, the automated status check on phone reveals that the case is transfered to LeeSummit, MO. Also, I received a Transfer Notice (notice date: 10/11/2007) from TSC today saying 'Priliminary processing of the above application or petetion has been completed. and it has been transferred to the INS office at: USCIS - NBC , PO BOX 648005, Lee's Summit, MO 64064 . That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

Hippos,

Message on my transfer notice states following:

"This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processign:

USCIS - NBC , PO BOX 648005, Lee's Summit, MO 64064

The office will notify you when the decision is made on the application or petition"

Thanks,
waitingforgcard

Waitinforgcard,
Thanks for sharing the information. Mine is transfered from TSC. Do you have any other LUD's recently? I guess NBC can take a decision on your case without calling for interview because they didnt not mention 'interview' in your notice.

Hippos,

I have two LUDs recently

10/09: Case transferred to National Benefit Center
10/16: Case Received at National Benefit Center and pending.

It is possible that I may not be called for interview as I my case is employment based EB2 with no spouose or childeren. But I have not met or talked to anybody whose case was transferred to NBC and they got their I-485 directly without an interview.

I wish my case was not transferred to NBC and would have stayed at Nebraska Service Center. As there is no way that you can track your case when it is pending at National Benefit Center as they dont give you case status. As a matter of fact I-485 estimated processing time is not EVEN listed on USCIS processing time web page.

Is your case family based ?

Regards,
waitingforgcard

Waitingforgcard,
Mine is Employment Based EB2 filed at VSC. then transferred to TSC. Now to NBC after name check cleared. Please see my signature for more details. Also, i hope these transfers are load sharing as TSC/NSC got millions of applications for 485, 140, EAD and APs..

Waitinforgcard,
i noticed LUDs on my case on 10/22 and 10/23. no message change. Do you have any updates? thanks!

Hippos,

Don't take my word for it but I think they have entered our cases into their systems and within few weeks we maybe getting an interview letter.

Here is my LUD record for I-485

10/09: Case transferred to National Benefit Center
10/16: Case Received at National Benefit Center and pending.
10/19: No Change in above message or status

Keep me in the loop if and when you receive your interview.

Regards
waitingforgcard

When is your interview?

I just received our transfer notice to NBC. Don't know why. On your interview notice, did they tell you what documents do you need? Thanks.