Lets Track I-485s Transferred to National Benefit Center

I have not received an interview letter yet. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks to get an interview letter. Transfer notice does not contain list of documents to be brought to the Interview.

When you actually receive an Interview letter, that will have all the documents that you will need.

Most family based (Stricltly family based on employment family based) cases are transferred to National Benefit Center so that IO can confirm that marriage is legal etc.

Other reasons your case can be transferred to NBC are: change of employments, any brush with the law, any missing documents, or simply due to work load sharing between the service centers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hello Folks,

I am also one of the guys case transferred to NBC. Primary got the approval notice but the dependent case has been transferred to NBC.

Any ideas on why???

This is the email

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On November 9, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Does this mean interview or something else? any ideas? I am worried.

Thanks all. I will keep you updated.

God Bless You.

I have not received an interview letter yet. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks to get an interview letter. Transfer notice does not contain list of documents to be brought to the Interview.

When you actually receive an Interview letter, that will have all the documents that you will need.

Most family based (Stricltly family based on employment family based) cases are transferred to National Benefit Center so that IO can confirm that marriage is legal etc.

Other reasons your case can be transferred to NBC are: change of employments, any brush with the law, any missing documents, or simply due to work load sharing between the service centers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

I'm still hoping that our cases will be approved without an interview. Wordings on my notice state that our files were transferred to speed up the processing.
Could be just workload sharing. They didn't transfer my kids' files. Only my wife's and my case were transferred.
Maybe, being transferred is a blessing in disguise. If PD is current, we can immediately be approved after the interview. Good luck.

I have seen another thread in trackitt.com says that though their wording is "speeding up processing" , there will be an interview.

Here is what I have recollected so far.

1- There will be an interview after around 2 months of receiving the transfer notice in NBC

2- Interview is just a formal one and most 485 cases gets approved on the spot with a stamp

Please add if you know some more points on this.

I have seen another thread in trackitt.com says that though their wording is "speeding up processing" , there will be an interview.

Here is what I have recollected so far.

1- There will be an interview after around 2 months of receiving the transfer notice in NBC

2- Interview is just a formal one and most 485 cases gets approved on the spot with a stamp

Please add if you know some more points on this.

My heart is telling me that there won't be an interview but my mind tells me there is. Throughout my GC ordeal, my mind always supercedes my heart. With that, I think you're right, there will be an interview.

Hi All

My case got transferred to National Benefits Center on 11/09/2007 as per online status and reason for transfer is "Speed up Process......". I have not received any notice yet in the mail. For some reason they have not transferred my wife and daughters cases to NBC along with my case and they are still pending at TSC. Any body in this situation, pl????. My case details are Pd: Aug'02 and I-485 RD 12/17/2004. Intially filed at VSC>TSC and now to NBC. They have been transferring from one center to another center and I don't know what is going on. Will update you as soon as I have any additional information.

Ok guys, here is the deal.
I am a veryyy old timer , I 485 and security check pending since 02/2004. My case was sent to NBC in Lee summit in september 2007. I got an interview call in local USCIS office in early december. My wife did not get the interview call. Lawyer thinks its coz I changed employer. I yes I did change employer/laid-off soon after I filed I485 and I 140 was pending. will let you guys know what happens in the interview.

Hi All,

Update on my case: Yesterday after several calls, finally I was able to talk to IO @ TSC regarding my wife and daughter cases not being transferred along with my case to NBC. IO was nice and she patiently heard my story and she took receipt# and A# of all and she said she is going to send an email to the IO who transferred my case to NBC and put a request to transfer my wife and daughter cases as well to NBC. While I was on the call, I heard keyboard sound and I am hoping to see my wife and daughter cases transferred along with mine. So far there are no lud updates and will update any developments.

Make sure that their cases get transferred too. I just received my kids' transfer notices a couple of days ago. Two days after we received ours (wife and I). Online case status shows LUD for all 4 of us that our cases are pending at the office it was transferred. I guess now, we're back to waiting.

PD: 4/30/2001
LC Certified: 1/03/2007
EB-3, Philippines
I-140: AD 8/23/2007
I-485: RD 3/07/2007

arm5262,

Good Luck in your interview. If you can post the documents needed from the uSCIS ( as per your interview card), that would be great.

LUD changed twice already since transfer. File was transferred on 11/5. LUD on 11/14 and 11/16. What could this mean?

jdlabnala,

Two LUDs after a case is transferred to NBC seems pretty standard these days. You will probably notice couple more soft LUDs with no message changes. It deals with the internal processing of the USCIS that they dont want to confuse customers with.

One example of such an LUD is when National Benefit Center requests an Interview from your local office. You will see no change on your message but there will be a soft LUD on your file.

One more example of SOFT LUD in my case was when USCIS got the finger print results. I found this out through an appointment with the infopass but there was no such indication on website or customer services.

Thanks

My I-485 case was just transfered from TSC to NSC. what's the difference between being transfered to NSC and to NBC? or will my case eventually be transfered from NSC to NBC?

NBC is National Benefit Center. Cases are transferred to NBC mostly when an interview is required because either they want to confirm your marriage is legal, any information is missing from your file or more information is needed to clarify your case, if you had prior bursh with the law or simply due to work load sharing.

NSC is Nebraska Service Center much like Texas Service Center, I am not exactly sure why a case would be transferred from one Service Center to another. Did you change your address lately? Please either call customer services, check with your lawyer, or make an infopass apointment to find a good reason.

Thanks,

I have received my interview letter finally for Feb 4th in Houston. Anyone in the same boat? Just trying to keep this thread alive.

Thats good news waitingforgcard. If your PD is current and NC is cleared, I'm sure you will get your approval on that day. My interview date is also getting closer. Jan. 7, 2008. Excited but nervous as well. I'm hoping that everything will go well. My PD is current (EB-3) and I'm hoping that my NC has been cleared too. I'll come back and share my interview experience. Good luck.