Lets start with Feb Filers

Great! Good For You!!

So we had our interview today and my conditional green card has been approved.:D

Interview Experience:
The day started at 6, by the time we left it was 8:30. We reached the Detroit Office and after going through security etc it was 11:45 AM. Took a seat and waited for our names to be called. At about 12:30 the Interview officer came by and informed us that she was running late and she would be with us in 15 minutes. At 12:50 she came back and called our name and we went with her. Took the oath before sitting down. Before she did anything else she asked us if we were going to go through the interview without our lawyer. We said yes and she asked us to sign a waiver saying we were ok with going through the interview without our lawyer there. Then she asked for our IDs and my passport, drivers license and EAD. Then she verified my name, address, DOB, Fathers name and Mothers name and SSN. She told us that my medical and affidavit of support were all fine. Then she went through the usual questions like about criminal background etc. Then she verified my wifes information. After that she asked us, when and where we got married etc to verify the information on the application. Then she asked if i finished grad school cos i entered on a F1.
Then she asked us how we met, where i worked and what i did. After that she asked for any documents that show that we are living together and are a married couple. I gave her letters from my In-Laws, bank information, utility bills( 2 utilities), health insurance information, benefits payment letters, tax transcripts, stimulus payment letter, photographs. She went through the photographs and every so often she would pick a photo and ask who the people were in the pictures. We told her who the people were and also some background on the picture(when, where, why, who etc). We had taken copies of everything with us so she kept the copies in the file and also asked us to pick some photograps to keep in my file.
Then she took my passport and took the I94 off the passport and said, " I am going to approve your case". Then she told us that she is going to keep the EAD and that my GC will arrive in about two weeks. She also told us about the conditional green card that i will be getting because we have been married for less than two years and when we will have to apply for removal of conditions. Then we had to sign a form acknowledging that we understand that our GC case was approved. We also had to sign a form saying we understood that we will have to apply for removal of conditions etc. Then she said, " Congratulations!!! You are now a permanent resident"

Our adjudicator was very nice and very polite. she made us feel very comfortable. It was a pretty straight forward interview. We werent "quizzed" about our relationship. We did have lots of documents. i just checked my email and i got the email from CRIS saying that my card production has been ordered.
I hope everyone else recieves their interview dates soon and gets approved with no problems!!!
Feel free to PM me with any questions, not that i am an expert by any means but i will try to help out the best i can.

From date of filing to GC approval total 103 days.
Salient Dates
Application Filed : 2/15/2008
Biometrics Done: 3/13/2008
EAD Recieved : 5/10/2008
Interview/GC Approved: 5/28/2008

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I have one question- for anyone who had an interview already- how do you take your photographs- do you carry an album, keep them loose .....what's the best way....also how many do you take and how many take- i imagine they don't look at all 100 or so them..........ideas?????

what's the best way....also how many do you take and how many take- i imagine they don't look at all 100 or so them..........ideas?????

We had only about 40 photos that had me and my wife in them. All my photos are digital so i printed them out. i took them with me in...get this...the walmart photo package(just the blue and white paper bag type thingy) that they came in when i had them printed at walmart. At the interview i just took em out and handed her the stack of photos. If you already have them in an album just take the whole thing. Have some copies made of some nice photos for them to keep in their file. We picked some that had us and some that had me with her whole family(great grandmother to nephews and neices)...about 5 in total that we let them keep. We actually said keep whatever you want but she let us pick a few cos she didnt want to make my file too big.

Good Info!

We had only about 40 photos that had me and my wife in them. All my photos are digital so i printed them out. i took them with me in...get this...the walmart photo package(just the blue and white paper bag type thingy) that they came in when i had them printed at walmart. At the interview i just took em out and handed her the stack of photos. If you already have them in an album just take the whole thing. Have some copies made of some nice photos for them to keep in their file. We picked some that had us and some that had me with her whole family(great grandmother to nephews and neices)...about 5 in total that we let them keep. We actually said keep whatever you want but she let us pick a few cos she didnt want to make my file too big.

ThANKS Klik4it! thats really good information to know! like you most of my pics are digital and so we will be printing them out. We just have one big wedding one on our wall.....and we had a court wedding so its not like its from one of those professional wedding photographers...lol

Thanks everyone! knowing others who had filed around the same time as i did really did help alleviate stress. i am sure everyone else will get their IL soon.
my lawyer was surprised that my case got done in 103 days. she said even though it wasnt unheard of, it was still record time. we still dont know what made our case get handled like this but we are very glad.

IL Origin

Hello Feb. filers. I'm an April filer and I was wondering if you could let me know where the IL comes from? My papers have not left to the Service Center (I'm uncertain if they go to CA or NE), and I had my biometrics appointment more than 2 weeks ago.

BTW your forum seems very friendly: keep it up! :D

It's great to see that the cases are moving at a reasonable pace: congratulations to those of you who already see the end of this boooooring :p wait

Thank you so much Feb08Filer! I am pretty happy about it too. I had a fabulous week - got a job and an Interview letter! I definitely can not complain :D
Kirkland - I got my IL from National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit address.

Thank you so much Feb08Filer! I am pretty happy about it too. I had a fabulous week - got a job and an Interview letter! I definitely can not complain :D
Kirkland - I got my IL from National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit address.

WOW, a job to boot :) That wants to be done for SURE.
You are going to Love it. Things are looking up!

So lawyer decided to send a letter out to USCIS... will that do something? We shall see... could mean another 2-4 weeks before we find out. Congrats to all of you whose cases are moving right along. It's actually really encouraging to know some got their GC approved already when the processing times still show they are up to July 2007! I'm really happy for all of you, and hopefully the pickle I ran into will soon go away.

hey js congrats on your wife's EAD... I know you've been majorly stressed waiting for it... what a relief that must be! Sorry you all... catching up with all that I missed out on in this thread... to be honest, it was a bit depressing to see everyone else's cases moving along while I'm waiting on what seems to be a non existant RFE.

hey js congrats on your wife's EAD... I know you've been majorly stressed waiting for it... what a relief that must be! Sorry you all... catching up with all that I missed out on in this thread... to be honest, it was a bit depressing to see everyone else's cases moving along while I'm waiting on what seems to be a non existant RFE.

thanks man. it is a big stress reliever having two incomes.

for me too. very depressing ... but cestlavie, we'll get there. We'll get our stuff. have you called them again yet? I had to call them daily, sometimes a few times, and be such a pain before they moved. and you know what I noticed ?? ? the second RFE was dated 1 April !!!! they only sent it to me in May once i requested an expedite ... unbelievable.
NOw I've had a LUD that they've received my papers, and I'll start calling them again daily for the next bit.

js I hear you... it's not even about the green card... just let us work... one less thing to worry about!

feb08, I used to call them every day. My 2nd RFE was also from April 2nd, but didn't get it. Requested a duplicate on April 15th, didn't get that either. My lawyer is setting himself up for a possible battle now, by sending a letter and saving all the communication dates we've had in case they decide to close the case for no response on our side as we are soon approaching the 90 day deadline.

I've asked many times if I can send them an overnight prepaid UPS label, arguing on the phone with them knowing it wouldn't get me anywhere... asking them if they hear themselves talk when they tell me it takes a month to process a request, and another month for me to receive a duplicate. I even kept trying to get reassurance from them they would not close the case due to lack of response because at this point I put the blame on them and not USCIS... how many times can they blame USPS for losing a letter they can't even tell me when it went out? They would only say they would consider the situation before making that decision... really reassuring isn't it?

So it might get nasty.