Lets start with Feb Filers

i guess... we will be interviewd in july....! at least i hope so! since no IL up till now, we should get IL in june

GOD help us!

i guess... we will be interviewd in july....! at least i hope so! since no IL up till now, we should get IL in june

GOD help us!

Yeah....i'm trying not to think of it too much but if we start getting interview letters next month and we interview in July we can still say we had a relatively short process: 5 months.

In any case I have a calender just for this USCIS crap and on it I have Green Card August 1st 2008 and Removal of Conditions May 3rd 2010!;)

well on my USCIS calendar i am on day 107 (16 weeks)and 12 weeks and 1 day ago i had my biometrics!

hoping for IL every day i am checking my e-mail and mail box, and once a month i call uscis costumer line

well on my USCIS calendar i am on day 107 (16 weeks)and 12 weeks and 1 day ago i had my biometrics!

hoping for IL every day i am checking my e-mail and mail box, and once a month i call uscis costumer line

my friend, i hope you get IL very soon. but in the time being you should relax. i have been so much more stress less since we got AP and EAD. in fact, i dont have stress, i dont check uscis website, i dont check my mailbox anymore. now its a wait with no timeline.

my friend, i hope you get IL very soon. but in the time being you should relax. i have been so much more stress less since we got AP and EAD. in fact, i dont have stress, i dont check uscis website, i dont check my mailbox anymore. now its a wait with no timeline.

Very true, it is a wait with no timeline. We all know that soon or later the IL is gonna come. Unlike before, I just check this forum a couple of times a week see if other feb filers have any update. Once one gets it, others will follow along.

Very true, it is a wait with no timeline. We all know that soon or later the IL is gonna come. Unlike before, I just check this forum a couple of times a week see if other feb filers have any update. Once one gets it, others will follow along.

hey good to hear ya TD! hope all is well- and i agree....i drop in daily because i'm at my desk anyway but i am no longer anxious- i just want this interview to happen in july.

well i will still log in here everyday (from work)

it is my confort place lol where only u guys understand what we're going trough

Me too

well i will still log in here everyday (from work)

it is my confort place lol where only u guys understand what we're going trough

I log in everyday. I do not have any high hopes regarding IL as Fairfax DO is the slowest in the nation, I am thinking if we receive a IL in the next 3-4 months it would be great and an interview before the end of the year would be great. As you all mentioned earlier I am happy that we received EAD and AP.

Married to USC
Timeline of my case -

02/18/08 - Mailed I-385, I-765, I-864W, I-131, G325, copy of Approved I-130
02/26/08 USCIS Recieved Date
03/03/08 Notice Date for I-131, I-485 and I-765
03/19/08 - RFE for Birth certificate and I-864 instead of I-864W
03/21/08 - Biometrics Completed
04/21/08 - Mailed RFE response
04/27/08 - I-485 case processing resumed in NBC
05/13/08 - I-131 (Advanced Parole) approved - Online update
05/16/08 - EAD Production card ordered - Online update
05/20/08 - Received AP
05/22/08 - Received EAD card

Now waiting for IL

I see a lot of cases have moved thru, very happy for all of you!

I'm still waiting for the duplicate of the lost 2nd RFE. A 2nd RFE was sent out April 2nd and not received. A request for a duplicate was made on April 15th.

Numerous calls to USCIS have only produced mixed informations. Some have told me the duplicate was sent out on May 5, others on May 7, and others told me they don't see that kind of information anywhere. I should allow up to 30 days from the date the duplicate was sent out.

I've been basically told that for USCIS to take any further steps, 3 requests for a duplicate would have to be made. A request can only be made once every 2 months.... so worst case scenario would drag this issue on till October 15, 2008... since you have to allow 2 months before calling a request unsuccessful.

As for this 1st request made, I have to wait till June 15th before going into panic mode. If they did send it early May, already 2 weeks have gone by that I am assuming either a letter is just not being sent out or they've lost it again. I even offered sarcastically to fly out to Misouri but I was told it wasn't an option. I wonder if they would ship things UPS if they were issued a prepaid label?

Has anyone ever came accross someone with such issues that receiving a letter is so problematic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved!

My parents I-130 & I-485 is approved. You can check their timeline below.

GOOD LUCK to you all!

3/04/08: I-130/I-485/I-765 sent (according to our attorney...)
3/12/08: RD all
3/17/08: Checks cashed
3/18/08: NOA all
3/24/08: Received FP notice (4/08)
3/27/08: LUD and see I-130/I-765 online
3/28/08: LUD for I-130/I-485 (transfered to CSC)
3/31/08: LUD for I-130/I-485
4/04/08: LUD for I-130/I-485 (Cases now pending at CSC)
4/07/08: LUD for I-130/I-485
4/08/08: FP Done & LUD for I-485/I-765
4/09/08: LUD for I-485/I-765 (I-485 says: "tranfer to CSC" again?)
4/28/08: LUD for I-485 ("case now pending at CSC" again?)
4/29/08: LUD for I-485
5/06/08: I-765 Card production ordered
5/07/08: LUD for I-485
5/08/08: LUD for I-485
5/09/08: I-765 Card production ordered (again?)
5/13/08: I-765 Approval notice sent
5/15/08: EADs received in the mail
5/16/08: Applied for SSN (DAD)
5/19/08: Applied for SSN (MOM)
5/19/08: LUD for I-485
5/22/08: Received SSN in the mail (DAD)
5/23/08: I-130 Approval notice sent
5/26/08: LUD for I-130
5/27/08: LUD for I-130 & Received SSN in the mail (MOM)
5/28/08: I-485 Card production ordered!!!

Congrats...Thats fast.....less than a month between EAD and GC....and that too for parents....DAMN, what happened to USC spouse being 1st priority of USCIS?
This system sucks for sure....did not even get LUD on my application since last LUD of receiving EAD on April 19h :(

My parents I-130 & I-485 is approved. You can check their timeline below.

GOOD LUCK to you all!

3/04/08: I-130/I-485/I-765 sent (according to our attorney...)
3/12/08: RD all
3/17/08: Checks cashed
3/18/08: NOA all
3/24/08: Received FP notice (4/08)
3/27/08: LUD and see I-130/I-765 online
3/28/08: LUD for I-130/I-485 (transfered to CSC)
3/31/08: LUD for I-130/I-485
4/04/08: LUD for I-130/I-485 (Cases now pending at CSC)
4/07/08: LUD for I-130/I-485
4/08/08: FP Done & LUD for I-485/I-765
4/09/08: LUD for I-485/I-765 (I-485 says: "tranfer to CSC" again?)
4/28/08: LUD for I-485 ("case now pending at CSC" again?)
4/29/08: LUD for I-485
5/06/08: I-765 Card production ordered
5/07/08: LUD for I-485
5/08/08: LUD for I-485
5/09/08: I-765 Card production ordered (again?)
5/13/08: I-765 Approval notice sent
5/15/08: EADs received in the mail
5/16/08: Applied for SSN (DAD)
5/19/08: Applied for SSN (MOM)
5/19/08: LUD for I-485
5/22/08: Received SSN in the mail (DAD)
5/23/08: I-130 Approval notice sent
5/26/08: LUD for I-130
5/27/08: LUD for I-130 & Received SSN in the mail (MOM)
5/28/08: I-485 Card production ordered!!!

Lintas, I've not had ANY movement since March !!!

Well, after the HR lady at Hubby's work took 1 week to issue a WRONG letter, and more than another week to issue the correct one, I finally sent off my 2nd RFE yesterday.
I've given up hope with this process. I even lost all hope for being happy in a job in Corporate America one day if that is the kind of people that work in some of the best companies inthe country!

I think I shall take illegal employement from the nearest gas station until this nonsense is resolved. I'm sick and tired of being held in Limbo by a process that functions without the aid of common sense and resourcefulness.

Feb08 don't give up hope! I feel you on that 2nd RFE... hey at least you got to it :) I'm still waiting on a copy of it, and soon, after June 15th, I'll be waiting on a copy of a copy of the 2nd RFE.

It is pretty upsetting though. In the end, they are no more than a service company... and at 1-2k per case, they should offer and go beyond what a bank does for their customers... instead of bringing up privacy concerns from providing anymore information than what we're seeing online.

In what world does it take a month to process a request to send out a duplicate of a letter and another month to receive it? Last time, I check, it takes 1-2 days tops to get from Misouri to NY... I'll even throw in a 5-7 days grace period for someone to push a print button and stuff it in an enveloppe.

Truth is they should simply create an ID# and PIN number, like most establishment do to give one access to their account.... besides I'm not worried about someone into hacking my account and reading that I need a send a copy of my birth certificate or 2007 tax returns... what a miserable security hole that would be :) But that should save themselves the cost of sending out RFEs that they probably don't send out anyway, save on ineffective mail sorting facilities... cut down on useless workforce...allow for additional evidence to be sent via the web.... clear someone for work authorization much sooner... allow IRS to collect on taxes sooner... which in turn would allow for a USCIS' budget increase.

Anyone with a budget like theirs can increase the workforce by 5-10% and calling it a fix. They've created their own backlog, and in turn, we are the only one suffering.

Yes please ...
Because oi va voi, this is eating me inside out.
All that you said Cestlavie , is true. Thought out and proven over & over in the private sector to be true. But we cannot expect such miracles of modernization to occur in a governtmental service company run by those who are not governed by Supply & Demand as in the private sector. With the enormous job-security of tenure in govt agencies, we should adjust our expectations accordingly.

It is true that they are running on a 1-3k per case revenue, unfortunately it is a monopoly and hence their Demand will go undisputed until ...

Hi guys,

I received an interview letter today. My interview is scheduled on July 24, 2008 @7.15 am.
Good luck to everybody!!!

i hope all you guys/gals get IL's soon.
i have my interview next wednesday at noon. just scheduled a pre interview conference with my lawyer for friday to go over things. will keep you guys posted.

How did your interview go Klik4it?? It was today right?

Conditional GC Approved

So we had our interview today and my conditional green card has been approved.:D

Interview Experience:
The day started at 6, by the time we left it was 8:30. We reached the Detroit Office and after going through security etc it was 11:45 AM. Took a seat and waited for our names to be called. At about 12:30 the Interview officer came by and informed us that she was running late and she would be with us in 15 minutes. At 12:50 she came back and called our name and we went with her. Took the oath before sitting down. Before she did anything else she asked us if we were going to go through the interview without our lawyer. We said yes and she asked us to sign a waiver saying we were ok with going through the interview without our lawyer there. Then she asked for our IDs and my passport, drivers license and EAD. Then she verified my name, address, DOB, Fathers name and Mothers name and SSN. She told us that my medical and affidavit of support were all fine. Then she went through the usual questions like about criminal background etc. Then she verified my wifes information. After that she asked us, when and where we got married etc to verify the information on the application. Then she asked if i finished grad school cos i entered on a F1.
Then she asked us how we met, where i worked and what i did. After that she asked for any documents that show that we are living together and are a married couple. I gave her letters from my In-Laws, bank information, utility bills( 2 utilities), health insurance information, benefits payment letters, tax transcripts, stimulus payment letter, photographs. She went through the photographs and every so often she would pick a photo and ask who the people were in the pictures. We told her who the people were and also some background on the picture(when, where, why, who etc). We had taken copies of everything with us so she kept the copies in the file and also asked us to pick some photograps to keep in my file.
Then she took my passport and took the I94 off the passport and said, " I am going to approve your case". Then she told us that she is going to keep the EAD and that my GC will arrive in about two weeks. She also told us about the conditional green card that i will be getting because we have been married for less than two years and when we will have to apply for removal of conditions. Then we had to sign a form acknowledging that we understand that our GC case was approved. We also had to sign a form saying we understood that we will have to apply for removal of conditions etc. Then she said, " Congratulations!!! You are now a permanent resident"

Our adjudicator was very nice and very polite. she made us feel very comfortable. It was a pretty straight forward interview. We werent "quizzed" about our relationship. We did have lots of documents. i just checked my email and i got the email from CRIS saying that my card production has been ordered.
I hope everyone else recieves their interview dates soon and gets approved with no problems!!!
Feel free to PM me with any questions, not that i am an expert by any means but i will try to help out the best i can.

From date of filing to GC approval total 103 days.
Salient Dates
Application Filed : 2/15/2008
Biometrics Done: 3/13/2008
EAD Recieved : 5/10/2008
Interview/GC Approved: 5/28/2008