Lets start with Feb Filers

well my EAD arrived today- and my AP came on Tuesday.

Feb08filer i read of the ups and downs with your situation- i am glad you said you can think clearly now you have spoken to the person at the 1800 number- at least now you know WHY the hold up......so i hope you can hang in there just a wee bit longer until your EAD comes......i shall keep you in my prayers!

oh Yiiippppeeee :) Your EAD is in :) Now your work can continue uninterrupted until the day that you want to switch for career upward mobility reasons. I am SO Happy for all of you who got your EAD's & AP's!

Thank you Hopeful, mind you, the lady didn't tell me that that IS indeed the reason, she ventured a gues, and I made my assumptions based on my knowledge of my paperwork. IT's all still a mystery actually, but I feel better when I can create logical scenarios which could be the cause of my misery :)

oh Yiiippppeeee :) Your EAD is in :) Now your work can continue uninterrupted until the day that you want to switch for career upward mobility reasons. I am SO Happy for all of you who got your EAD's & AP's!

Thank you Hopeful, mind you, the lady didn't tell me that that IS indeed the reason, she ventured a gues, and I made my assumptions based on my knowledge of my paperwork. IT's all still a mystery actually, but I feel better when I can create logical scenarios which could be the cause of my misery :)

YES- i can work uninterrupted- thank goodness- and i think maybe your guess is on point cause you know your paperwork best!....i am hoping that you still get your documents this month- the RFE throws you off a week or 2 so just hang in there-and of course we will be here to support you!!

well my EAD arrived today- and my AP came on Tuesday.

Feb08filer i read of the ups and downs with your situation- i am glad you said you can think clearly now you have spoken to the person at the 1800 number- at least now you know WHY the hold up......so i hope you can hang in there just a wee bit longer until your EAD comes......i shall keep you in my prayers!

bmore hoepful --> on what date did you get the "approval notice sent update"

i got this today
"
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 8, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
"
think my EAD will come friday or saturday?

i went in for my orientation today from 8am till 4pm. they said they usually give 3 days to show the EAD etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
bmore hoepful --> on what date did you get the "approval notice sent update"

i got this today
"
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 8, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
"
think my EAD will come friday or saturday?

i went in for my orientation today from 8am till 4pm. they said they usually give 3 days to show the EAD etc.

klik4it- my notices went like this
Current Status: Card production ordered:4/29/08 (last tuesday)
Current Status: Card production ordered AGAIN:5/03/08 (saturday)
Current Status: Approval notice sent: 5/06/08 (tuesday)
CARD IN HAND: 5/08/08 (today)

Your EAD should be here on sat.- worst case monday- but in any case your job say they will allow you 3 days to produce the card.....so i guess thats monday if we count working days.

I will pray that it is here waaay before then....and CONGRATS on the job!!!:)

klik4it- my notices went like this
Current Status: Card production ordered:4/29/08 (last tuesday)
Current Status: Card production ordered AGAIN:5/03/08 (saturday)
Current Status: Approval notice sent: 5/06/08 (tuesday)
CARD IN HAND: 5/08/08 (today)

Your EAD should be here on sat.- worst case monday- but in any case your job say they will allow you 3 days to produce the card.....so i guess thats monday if we count working days.

I will pray that it is here waaay before then....and CONGRATS on the job!!!:)

yeah i hope its here by Saturday 4 in the afternoon cos i work sunday...the person doing the paperwork said...if it isnt in by Saturday she would have to go in and terminate me out of the system(and i woudlnt have to work sunday) and then once i got the EAD, say on Monday, she would just go back in and reactivate me.

yeah i hope its here by Saturday 4 in the afternoon cos i work sunday...the person doing the paperwork said...if it isnt in by Saturday she would have to go in and terminate me out of the system(and i woudlnt have to work sunday) and then once i got the EAD, say on Monday, she would just go back in and reactivate me.

Well - at least they are willing to reactivate you if need be. Thank goodness for that. I hope you get it on time! Good Luck.

yeah i hope its here by Saturday 4 in the afternoon cos i work sunday...the person doing the paperwork said...if it isnt in by Saturday she would have to go in and terminate me out of the system

were they not satisfied with you showing them the printout straight from teh USCIS email / online print saying that your card production was ordered and that it may take up to 60 days ?

were they not satisfied with you showing them the printout straight from teh USCIS email / online print saying that your card production was ordered and that it may take up to 60 days ?

nope, they want the actual card. it didnt come today so im hoping it makes it here with tommorrows mail.

Got EAD?

Hey Klik4it- where you blessed yesterday with your card as we hoped?

Yes, i recieved my EAD in the mail Saturday at 3:00 PM in the mail...took it in and got all the paperwork exactly at 4:00 PM. Then worked sunday from 4 AM till 1PM and got home and took a nap and woke up just now. My legs hurt from standing for 8 hrs but thats alright. im a working man now :cool:

Yes, i recieved my EAD in the mail Saturday at 3:00 PM in the mail...took it in and got all the paperwork exactly at 4:00 PM. Then worked sunday from 4 AM till 1PM and got home and took a nap and woke up just now. My legs hurt from standing for 8 hrs but thats alright. im a working man now :cool:

OH WOWWW>. Klik4it, I am so incredibly happy for you that I can just dance :) in face ... here you go! ********** HAPPY DANCE ********

You have now joined the :cool: Cool Cats who earn their own way :D legally and guiltfree ! May you live long and prosper in all you do!

My legs hurt from standing for 8 hrs but thats alright. im a working man now :cool:

My mom has this new-age hippy type outlook on life, and from her I've learnt this type of thing ...
be thankful when the house is dirty, because that means you have a house to live in
be thankful when there are dishes to wash, because that means your belly is full
be thankful when your legs hurt from standing 8 hours, because that means you have a job and will be able to continue being thankful for all three! :)

I know it's a bit new-Agy, but it does ring true

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!

fANastic- thats what i thought- he must be at work :)

Happy for you!!!!!

My mom has this new-age hippy type outlook on life, and from her I've learnt this type of thing ...
be thankful when the house is dirty, because that means you have a house to live in
be thankful when there are dishes to wash, because that means your belly is full
be thankful when your legs hurt from standing 8 hours, because that means you have a job and will be able to continue being thankful for all three! :)

I know it's a bit new-Agy, but it does ring true
im kinda hippyish too...i mean i dont have the matter hair etc
gotta agree with ur mom...cos right now the wife and i have a dirty house, dishes in the sink and legs hurtin. going to go get my license now that i have my EAD.

fANastic- thats what i thought- he must be at work :)

Happy for you!!!!!

Thanks!!! i go back to work Tuesday at 8am. Rise and Shine!!!
i had all this free time and once i started working its like, where did all that free time go???

I am sending out my SECOND RFE out today. Each time the packet is thick as can be. This time though they insist to see 6 months of my husband's paystubs !!!!!! and a letter of employement from his HR department. and then the HR lady went and wrote "he is currently a Permanent Resident" ... where he is a USC !!!! but they'll just have to make do with this, because HR took a week to get this simple letter out. They have all the evidence of his becoming a citizen in January at USCIS. Let's hope they're somewhat resourceful this time.

Finally started getting some movement on our file the last few days. Here's an update...all of you still waiting, hang in there.

Married to USC
Timeline of my case -

02/18/08 - Mailed I-385, I-765, I-864W, I-131, G325, copy of Approved I-130
02/26/08 USCIS Recieved Date
03/03/08 Notice Date for I-131, I-485 and I-765
03/19/08 - RFE for Birth certificate and I-864 instead of I-864W
03/21/08 - Biometrics Completed
04/21/08 - Mailed RFE response
04/27/08 - I-485 case processing resumed
05/13/08 - I-131 (Advanced Parole) approved

Waiting for EAD and IL

Married to USC
Timeline of my case -

02/18/08 - Mailed I-385, I-765, I-864W, I-131, G325, copy of Approved I-130
02/26/08 USCIS Recieved Date
03/03/08 Notice Date for I-131, I-485 and I-765
03/19/08 - RFE for Birth certificate and I-864 instead of I-864W
03/21/08 - Biometrics Completed
04/21/08 - Mailed RFE response
04/27/08 - I-485 case processing resumed
05/13/08 - I-131 (Advanced Parole) approved

Waiting for EAD and IL

Saddie - Why did they want you to send in an I-864 instead of the I-864w? Were you eligible for the I-864w or did you just fill it out by mistake?

well looks like this thread is cooling down now that most of us have EAD and AP.....i think we are in for a longer wait than we actually think to get the ILs.