Lets start with Feb Filers

I call uscis every day.
every day they recite to me that request was received March 31, what can i help you with ma'am?
The frustration! I'm convinced my IO is out on extended sick leave, because this is rediculous! No competent person will take over a week to work on an Expedite (all of you had yours in 24 hours) What a rip-off. I'm venting, because the alcohol is finished.

But the other day a helpful gentleman - after I was extremely insistant - told me that I could go to my DO and ask for a temp EAD. Now just find a free day to do it in

Oh Crap

I call uscis every day.
every day they recite to me that request was received March 31, what can i help you with ma'am?
The frustration! I'm convinced my IO is out on extended sick leave, because this is rediculous! No competent person will take over a week to work on an Expedite (all of you had yours in 24 hours) What a rip-off. I'm venting, because the alcohol is finished.

But the other day a helpful gentleman - after I was extremely insistant - told me that I could go to my DO and ask for a temp EAD. Now just find a free day to do it in

THAT SUCKS Feb08Filer!!!
I wish they would have done the expediate instead of just SAYING they did!

I made an infopass, and would you know it, the first available date at my DO is NEXT WEEK :):)
I should relax and stop wanting this so much. Life works like that right ? When you want it so bad, it doesn't happen, and the day you start focussing your attention elsewhere BOOM, it's there.
your employers should be real calm right about now right Hopeful? Your head is through. Are you as relieved as you thought you would be, or are you still stressing until you hold that card in your hand ?

Ead

Hi guys, we got the "Card production order" email. Yeah! Finally my parents will be able to get SSN & DL.

3/04/08: I-130/I-485/I-765 sent
3/12/08: RD all
3/17/08: Checks cashed
3/18/08: NOA all
3/24/08: Received FP notice (4/08)
3/27/08: LUD and see I-130/I-765 online
3/28/08: LUD for I-130/I-485 (transfered to CSC)
3/31/08: LUD for I-130/I-485
4/04/08: LUD for I-130/I-485 (Cases now pending at CSC)
4/07/08: LUD for I-130/I-485
4/08/08: FP Done & LUD for I-485/I-765
4/09/08: LUD for I-485/I-765 (I-485 says: "tranfer to CSC" again?)
4/28/08: LUD for I-485 ("case now pending at CSC" again?)
4/29/08: LUD for I-485
5/06/08: I-765 Card production ordered

let FEB08FILER's EAD come alreadyyyyy

:)
I made an infopass, and would you know it, the first available date at my DO is NEXT WEEK :):)
I should relax and stop wanting this so much. Life works like that right ? When you want it so bad, it doesn't happen, and the day you start focussing your attention elsewhere BOOM, it's there.
your employers should be real calm right about now right Hopeful? Your head is through. Are you as relieved as you thought you would be, or are you still stressing until you hold that card in your hand ?

Feb08Filer i am OH SOOOO relieved- i know they are still going crazy like Cosmigrin's employers 'cause they want the card but i am ok knowing its on its way:)......and i am sure you feel abit more relived too now you have the info pass....wouldn't suprise me if you get that card ordered email before then:)

That is IT !!!!!!

Today in the mail --- the many reasons we cannot process your EAD request ---
1. We need RFE for Affidavit of support.
2. And this time, we want proof of employement of the husband.
3. Signed & stamped letter of employement, paystubs of the past 6 months,
4. a letter from HR department about when he started working there ....

WTF do they think we lied the first two times ??? Did the mailroom person NOT deliver the RFE I sent ? can my IO not read or doesn't believe what they see? is it possible that in this day and age somebody can still work for the same employer for 12 years? OH MY ...
But enough yelling on my part.

NOw we have to re-send the entire PROOF of everything AGAIN! to hell with all the good things we sent last time. all the time and effort to make printouts of our bank statements, and all that. I will not make those again. and I sure as heck hope I made copies of what I sent then so that they don't just perhaps decide OOOHHHH> look, there is a different number after the decimal this time, she must be LYING!

I'm still happy for everybody else, and will regain my positive and peppy disposition as soon as I can realize that it's not personal, they just are over worked and probably annoyed that I called them every day this week :)

weill when ... chill down and have a beer!

it sucks... i understand, just like overnight all those papers to them, you must to be able to gather them quick i asume?

overnight it and have it go certified, then you can use it as proof that you have sent!

we are still waiting for the interview letter here still!!!

great luck to all of us

febo8filer, that really sucks, i would be really pissed if i was you, and probably wouldnt be able to calm down. i think its time for you to start bustin heads. this organization, if you can call uscis that, since they are no where near being organized, loves to play with peoples lives. i hope all the best works out for you.

had an LUD on my sons I130 today. and luds on my wifes EAD and AP yesterday. wierd stuff.

does anyone know if you can start working once your EAD is approved or do you have to get the CARD in the mail before you can start working. i have an orientation scheduled for tommorrow morning at 8 and the mail just got here and no EAD...i can call and reschedule for saturday but i hate to be whiny! lol.
what do ya'll suggest i do in this situation.

CosmicGrin,

How was your interview our good pal ? I'm mega excited to hear how it went for you :)

It was good-didnt get the passport stamped as the FBI check wasn't complete
The AO was kinda surprised that i got the interview call so soon
He just asked me some basic questions updated my files asked for copies of joint accounts and stuff,took one of our wedding pics for the file.

Told me that everything else looks good once the FBI check is done which would take a month or two-the card should be mailed to me

BTW i got my EAD and AP approved yesterday...woo hoo!!!

CG

It was good-didnt get the passport stamped as the FBI check wasn't complete
The AO was kinda surprised that i got the interview call so soon
He just asked me some basic questions updated my files asked for copies of joint accounts and stuff,took one of our wedding pics for the file.

Told me that everything else looks good once the FBI check is done which would take a month or two-the card should be mailed to me

BTW i got my EAD and AP approved yesterday...woo hoo!!!

CG

good stuff, looks like the FBI is slackin. i dont think many people with interviews scheduled will be getting stamped or approved on the spot.

Thank you everybody for your support and good wishes.
Cosmic, I'm glad it went so well and you got your approvals :)

so my newest update:
1. I'm ineliglbe for interim EAD because of said latest RFE, so i can cancel my Infopass.
2. spoke to one of the nicest people at 1-800 number yet, and asked why this second RFE that is requesting so much proof of employement from my husband, and she says they may be confused by the amount on his W-2. So i asked if they think we're lying, because that is certainly what this is starting to feel like. like they think we're lying.
3. Still no LUD online. so LUD online must mean they're making positive changes. :)

Good thing I'm writing this ... becuase now things are kind of clearing up in my mind. THAT is why they requested .... when we sent it, we only sent the W-2, we didn't have the stuff back from teh accountant yet, and on the IRS returns the number was VERY different from the W-2 because of Mortgage interest write-off .... aaaahhhh.
So they must be actively checking in teh IRS database what kind of taxes one files, and then compare it with what you send them. VERY interesting.

NOTE TO FUTURE FILERS : Do not assume the W-2 or I990 is enough proof of income. if your Taxes shows itemized deductions for interest paid on mortgage or anything that makes the number at teh IRS different, they will RFE you to insanity!

it's amazing what a solid night of sleep can do for brain-function. Yesterday I was so exhausted that all I saw was RED! Today I see more colors when looking at the same case

Last edited by a moderator:
febo8filer, that really sucks, i would be really pissed if i was you, and probably wouldnt be able to calm down. i think its time for you to start bustin heads. this organization, if you can call uscis that, since they are no where near being organized, loves to play with peoples lives. i hope all the best works out for you.

Thanks JS, and yes, I am supremely pissed off, and trying my hardest not to post much so I won't be a pessimistic ornery old coot and ruin everyody's day :D

How's life in your household now that Wife-Love is legal to work? did she take that job? Did she start? Is she happy to be DONE with the boring life of a housewife? :) Speaking of which, today is Mega cleaning day for me. :(

Thanks JS, and yes, I am supremely pissed off, and trying my hardest not to post much so I won't be a pessimistic ornery old coot and ruin everyody's day :D

How's life in your household now that Wife-Love is legal to work? did she take that job? Did she start? Is she happy to be DONE with the boring life of a housewife? :) Speaking of which, today is Mega cleaning day for me. :(

she is super happy, we have already made 2 trips to vancouver to see her family. she cannot start her job though until she receives her SS card. which she applied for on monday, hopefully she gets in early next week, she is very anxious to start working, and we cannot wait to have extra money again.

she is super happy, we have already made 2 trips to vancouver to see her family. she cannot start her job though until she receives her SS card. which she applied for on monday, hopefully she gets in early next week, she is very anxious to start working, and we cannot wait to have extra money again.

Just seeing the family is enough to make a person's heart heal from all ailments. We are all so fortunate to have families, even though we don't get to see them as often as we like

i got LUDs on my sons i130,1765, and i131 today, and yesterday LUD on my wifes 1765, and i131. and we have both EAD and AP already. anyone know what the LUDs are for?