Lets start with Feb Filers

Yeehah - finally got the EAD approval...hopefully the card production/arrival process will go smoothly.

02/15/08 Mailed I-765 & I-485
02/21/08 NOA. Also could view my applications online where it states that my applications are being processed at the national benefits center and has the receipt date of the 21st listed. Also states the current status: case received and pending.
02/25/08 FP notice
03/15/08 FP Completed
04/15/08 Ead Approval Email

Congratulations! I had my FP completed on March 15, 08 too but so far nothing - no EAD, no IL... Hopefully soon!!!!

Need advise

First of all, not everyone is getting EAD in 4-5 weeks after FP. My FP was done on March 1st but still not EAD or AP..... So I guess the notion is not true....

besides this, I got couple questions. Can we delay interview process after getting ID letter? I am really thinking that it is best way for me to go. We have been married for year and half now. Even if I get ID letter today, I dont expect to get Interview date within next 10 days....so more than likely Interview will be after 2-3 months. That puts me at 1-3/4 of years in marriage, near two years but short of 2 :(

1. Will I get Conditional GC even after being married for more than 1-3/4 of year or 10 yr GC ?
2. If I can delay my interview by 2-3 months, it would be 2 yrs since we married? So can I delay the interview? if so what would be procedure for it?

Gurus, Please advise...
Thanks
Raj

First of all, not everyone is getting EAD in 4-5 weeks after FP. My FP was done on March 1st but still not EAD or AP..... So I guess the notion is not true....

besides this, I got couple questions. Can we delay interview process after getting ID letter? I am really thinking that it is best way for me to go. We have been married for year and half now. Even if I get ID letter today, I dont expect to get Interview date within next 10 days....so more than likely Interview will be after 2-3 months. That puts me at 1-3/4 of years in marriage, near two years but short of 2 :(

1. Will I get Conditional GC even after being married for more than 1-3/4 of year or 10 yr GC ?
2. If I can delay my interview by 2-3 months, it would be 2 yrs since we married? So can I delay the interview? if so what would be procedure for it?

Gurus, Please advise...
Thanks
Raj

That is a very good question. My 2nd wedding anniversary will be on the end of December 2008. I was thinking the same. It don't feel like applying for 10 years gc right after I receive the 2year one. Thanks for asking that!!!!

That is a very good question. My 2nd wedding anniversary will be on the end of December 2008. I was thinking the same. It don't feel like applying for 10 years gc right after I receive the 2year one. Thanks for asking that!!!!

You cant even apply for 10 yrs after 2 yrs of marriage...its 2 yrs of GC which you go by if you get conditional GC....So one has to deal with USCIS again in 2 yrs time..... :(

Yeehah - finally got the EAD approval...hopefully the card production/arrival process will go smoothly.

02/15/08 Mailed I-765 & I-485
02/21/08 NOA. Also could view my applications online where it states that my applications are being processed at the national benefits center and has the receipt date of the 21st listed. Also states the current status: case received and pending.
02/25/08 FP notice
03/15/08 FP Completed
04/15/08 Ead Approval Email

i had my FP done on 3/13/08 so i hope i get an update on the EAD soon. BUT i also got a RFE so im not sure how the timeline changes with that.

You cant even apply for 10 yrs after 2 yrs of marriage...its 2 yrs of GC which you go by if you get conditional GC....So one has to deal with USCIS again in 2 yrs time..... :(

actually i know someone who got their 10 yr GC cos they were married for more than 2 years when they applied for their GC.

Advice needed...

For those who knows my situation and for those who don't... I so far have received one RFE for my birth certificate which has been taken care of. A 2nd RFE has been issued on April 2nd which has yet to be received. Since it has been 14 days from date of issuance, a request for a copy of that 2nd RFE has been made. They have asked me to allow up to 30 days for that copy to be received.

Since I have no clue as to what the nature of this 2nd RFE is, it could be a number of things. The only paperwork that wasn't included when I filed the application were the 2007 tax returns of my sponsor (mother) and that of the person who signed off on my affidavit of support (sister)... but I have reasons to believe it may not be that.

So say the 2nd RFE that is in transit isn't about the 2007 tax returns... should I push my lawyer/secretary to enclose the 2007 tax returns of my parents and sister anyway... just so as to avoid a 3rd possible RFE? When I spoke to the secretary handling the case, and offered her to mail the office the 2007 tax returns so they could have a copy, she declined saying it wasn't necessary... giving me the vibe she has no intentions of enclosing the 2007 tax returns if that isn't what it's about. I don't see how one would get penalized by attaching a letter to the response to the RFE stating something to the extent of "we've also taken the liberty to enclose the most recent 2007 tax returns"

I know it is all based on speculations that this long awaited 2nd RFE isn't about the 2007 tax returns... but I am pulling hair over the fact it has seemingly been lost and that I am now to wait up to 30 days for a copy of it. So far I am behind by 1-2 months... it would be cruel for them to receive whatever paperwork they are now asking for and say "ok, now let's send him a RFE for the 2007 tax returns"

Opinions appreciated!

Just send it!

I don't think it would harm your case to send an extra not-requested document! I received one RFE end of Feb asking for my husband's 2006 tax return and since he already had his 2007 filed then I included that one as well. You don't have any idea what the RFE is but if I was you I would just include the 2007 tax return no matter what. But again I don't have any lawyer and I made all the decisions so I don't know how to deal with them if they are the one in charge!

Good Luck

Advice needed...

So say the 2nd RFE that is in transit isn't about the 2007 tax returns... should I push my lawyer/secretary to enclose the 2007 tax returns of my parents and sister anyway... just so as to avoid a 3rd possible RFE? When I spoke to the secretary handling the case, and offered her to mail the office the 2007 tax returns so they could have a copy, she declined saying it wasn't necessary... giving me the vibe she has no intentions of enclosing the 2007 tax returns if that isn't what it's about. I don't see how one would get penalized by attaching a letter to the response to the RFE stating something to the extent of "we've also taken the liberty to enclose the most recent 2007 tax returns"

I know it is all based on speculations that this long awaited 2nd RFE isn't about the 2007 tax returns... but I am pulling hair over the fact it has seemingly been lost and that I am now to wait up to 30 days for a copy of it. So far I am behind by 1-2 months... it would be cruel for them to receive whatever paperwork they are now asking for and say "ok, now let's send him a RFE for the 2007 tax returns"

Opinions appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
guys didnt i say i smelled EAD, see the post right under mine got EAD...

gooooooshhh thank God i played on the lotto today!

The upside...

Thank you for the advice! I called USCIS again... so the copy request is confirmed... and also asked a silly question... as to whether pending RFEs hold back FBI check... and it doesn't or so they say... so I guess it's something to be glad about... although this time they told me to allow 45-60 days to receive the copy... I'm afraid to call back again... I might be told to wait 6-12 months for it... after all it must be a crazy concept to reprint and mail a letter :)