Lets start with Feb Filers

Do not cancel checks....it will be a misdemenor and a big deal to give Federal Govt cancelled checks....
It can take upto 3 months for them to issue NOAs....
They took about 39 days to issue it on my I-130....so just chill and wait for them to do their job....You could file one more application but then prepare to spend money 2 times

If you decide to resubmit, I would probably leave first check not cancelled... resubmit application... check out your bank accounts religiously till one of the checks clears, and cancel the one that did not. In that case you don't risk losing your place should they simply have not gotten around to the 1st application sent out. It would be extraodinary if both checks were to be posted same day, and I highly doubt that their system would allow for two of the same applications to be posted.... let alone on the same day.... but then again...

Either way, you're losing the 30 or some dollars of cancellation fees from your bank... so why waste another month waiting for the second application to go thru if by the end of this week or the next, your first application somehow resurfaces.

Just for the record, I called USCIS a short time ago and they told me that it's taking around 8 weeks to issue receipts right now. I said I was told it would take about 2 weeks at the most, and USCIS said that was true about a year ago, but not anymore. I'm still puzzled to see others on this forum receiving receipts within 1 or 2 weeks, but I guess I will just listen to what USCIS told me and wait a couple more weeks.

do not listen to the customer service, they dont know anything. my bet is like i told you in other thread, your lawyer mailed it late, you need to get the tracking info from your lawyer. i signed my documents on the 3rd of feb and was told it would be sent out next day, it took my lawyer 10 more days before he sent it. i too waited a while before checks were cashed. like i told you before, i would wait til the end of this week, things usually seems to happen on thurs and friday here. other wise, you need to make an infopass to get more info, you wont get nothing out of calling customer service, there number 1 job is to take as many calls in 1 days as possible, meaning, getting you off the phone as quick as they can.

So apparently my lawyer received a request for me to send a copy of my birth certificate... why would it not show that on my case status online?
the RFE didnt show online? or did you mean the particulars of the RFE didnt show online...on ur online status it will only say RFE sent. it wont say what they are asking for...even if u call them they wont tell u on the phone what it is that they asked for, they say to wait for the letter( which ur lawyer presumably received already).

check not cleared yet

do not listen to the customer service, they dont know anything. my bet is like i told you in other thread, your lawyer mailed it late, you need to get the tracking info from your lawyer. i signed my documents on the 3rd of feb and was told it would be sent out next day, it took my lawyer 10 more days before he sent it. i too waited a while before checks were cashed. like i told you before, i would wait til the end of this week, things usually seems to happen on thurs and friday here. other wise, you need to make an infopass to get more info, you wont get nothing out of calling customer service, there number 1 job is to take as many calls in 1 days as possible, meaning, getting you off the phone as quick as they can.

In my case i sent the package myself and I have tracking that says signed by I INS. Package received on Feb 19th. I read in an earlier post if I cancel the check then it becomes a misdemeanor. Jeez cannot believe I have to spend twice the money if they decide to use the older checks again. Or should I cancel the older checks after the new ones are cashed?

klik4it... the RFE didn't show online.... it still is the same generic message that on such and such date we received your application and mailed you a NOA.... the only time I was alerted of an RFE was when the lawyer called me today to let me know about it... for a birth certificate that should have been already included in my package... the lawyer has an original on file which he's made copies of it... I guess the secretary screwed up and won't admit to it, or the people are the service center are really that dumb?

I figured the LUD updated because of the biometrics... or maybe the 3/17 update was about the RFE sent out... I don't know... it's a clout that I can't make sense out of... so I'll just have to deal with being left out in the dark on this one and hope to see another LUD within the next week or so.

It does says in the processing times, that as of 2/15/2008, they are processing I765 cases with ND of 12/7/2007, so my and all other Feb filers' I765 should be approved fairly soon as we are all nearing that 2.25 months mark.

In my case i sent the package myself and I have tracking that says signed by I INS. Package received on Feb 19th. I read in an earlier post if I cancel the check then it becomes a misdemeanor. Jeez cannot believe I have to spend twice the money if they decide to use the older checks again. Or should I cancel the older checks after the new ones are cashed?

Based on what I have heard, I would advise you to just wait. I feel better knowing I am not the only one whose application has been sitting around at the USCIS for more than a month.

It's funny, your timeline is very similar to mine. Our N400s and GC applications have very similar dates. I was fingerprinted in December, received my letter in December, interviewed in January, and took the oath in late January. A week or two later, once I had all my paperwork in order, I filed for my wife. Funny that we are now both having the same problem. I'll be watching your progress closely...

Good News

Based on what I have heard, I would advise you to just wait. I feel better knowing I am not the only one whose application has been sitting around at the USCIS for more than a month.

It's funny, your timeline is very similar to mine. Our N400s and GC applications have very similar dates. I was fingerprinted in December, received my letter in December, interviewed in January, and took the oath in late January. A week or two later, once I had all my paperwork in order, I filed for my wife. Funny that we are now both having the same problem. I'll be watching your progress closely...

Both Checks Cashed today 03/19/08 (Exactly a month)

Awesome ssk. What a feeling! It's unbelievable how much stress & worry we carry for those days before the checks clear. Hopeful should be home by now after FP :)

RC2, we're holding our breath with you mate. Its gonna happen. At least now you've given it an honest try to find out what's the holdup. Keep the faith, and may the Force be with you!

cestlavie104, we're only 1.x month into the app :):):)
But it sure feels more like a few months have passed. At least none of this compares to the stress of the exam I had last week which I forgot about because of the immigration stuff, and had to write on blind common knowledge :eek:

The joys of keeping F-1 status ...

Thankyou Feb08filer

Awesome ssk. What a feeling! It's unbelievable how much stress & worry we carry for those days before the checks clear. Hopeful should be home by now after FP :)

RC2, we're holding our breath with you mate. Its gonna happen. At least now you've given it an honest try to find out what's the holdup. Keep the faith, and may the Force be with you!

Thank you Feb08filer and RC2.

RC2, My prayers for you, you should get the checks cleared soon.

UPDATE: fingerprint completed. EAD app. "touched".

I arrived late- after a 2 hour drive became 3 hrs with traffic.....no biggy- ACS was pretty empty and i was in and out in 10 mnutes :).

Feb08Filer... I was going by the receipt date on the I797... that is what they go by using the processing times bulletins no? And well... I think we all know how accurate those are by now! :)

RC2 we all got our fingers crossed for you!!!

^ Thanks! I am checking my bank account online every few hours. I never thought I would be hoping and praying for my bank balance to drop, but I really want to see that money leave my account.

Geeeez. 3 hour drive hopeful! Hope you didn't drive alone, and i'm glad your'e back safe.
And i'm here wondering if I should take benadryl to knock me out so I wont be late for my 7 minute drive to downtown tomorrow morning for my FP :)

My one buddy got her CG last week! She was approved in the Interview. She said it was super straight forward, although they did ask her & hubby questions separately for a while. things like How they met, what is his mother's name, and just normal things that one who is married for love and have had some good spousal fights already, will know. She says its nothing to fear, although nothing she says will make me be less nervous anyway :)

Unfortunaetly i did- but i drive awhole lot every week anyway- just sucked that my appt was @ 8AM!

7 mins! i envy you...lol

......wonder what makes them seperate couples.....age difference, if you have been out of status really long (like long enough to get barred forever..lol), short lenght of marriage.....i really wonder!

Three hour drive, tell me about it. I had my oath ceremony scheduled for 8AM and I had to leave the house at 5AM. Woke up around 4AM that day. Not fun at all. It was definitely worth it though.