Lets start with Feb Filers

js360 i wish i had a clue. Hopefully one of the guru's will pas through and shed some light :).
Have you tried calling the ASC office- maybe they know.

Also thanks for the update Sorrayah :).

ok guys well after searching i have figured out why my son got biometrics appt. on my wifes it says code 3, which is for the following w/ a FBI background check

Code 3

- Finger prints for all fingers
- Index finger print taken seperately
- Photo will be taken
- Electronic Signature will be taken

and my son got a code 2 which is for the following without a FBI background check

Code 2

- Photo will be taken

FP codes more detailed explanation:

Code 1 is all 10 FP. This is electronically sent to FBI the same day, they run it to match thru their database to match it with criminals/persons of interest and send the results the same day (or the next) to USCIS. Code 1 is very important as it is part of your security/background check and determines admissibility for gc.

Code 2 (index+photo+sign) is for the generation of cards for immigration benefits e.g. EAD, gc etc. If you filed for EAD, you definitely need code 2 or the card can not be generated.

Code 1 expires after 15 months e.g. FBI needs to check their database again. I have had two code 1. Code 2 is done everytime we apply for benefits (EAD- once a year).
Code 3 is a combination of both, when USCIS wants to get a security check done on you as well as generate cards (EAD) for you.

and my son got a code 2 which is for the following without a FBI background check

Code 2

- Photo will be taken

You really should give you son some crayons for that electronic signature. let him make a scribbling mess all over that form! :D

Guys,

Is everyone getting ASC code-3? My fingerprint had ASC code 2. But my FP notice had both receipt numbers, i.e. for 765 and 485, weird...

ok guys well after searching i have figured out why my son got biometrics appt. on my wifes it says code 3, which is for the following w/ a FBI background check

Code 3

- Finger prints for all fingers
- Photo will be taken

Code 2

- Photo will be taken

another question for the day, does everyones online case status say there case for the i765 and i131 is at the national benefits center, if not where does it say, those are the only 2 online for me so far. i485 is not online yet.

js360 my 4 cases are online- each has its own number. I have heard it varies- some peoples case pop on only aftrr fingerprinting etc....

i understand that, im asking what service center does it say each case is at, are they all the same, is any different, do all your cases numbers start with MSC or what. look bellow, bold is what im looking to know

On February 27, 2008, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Checks not cleared yet

I am planning on reapplying after couple more weeks and planning on canceling the checks I have sent earlier as it has been 30 days.

What happens if I stop payment on the old checks I sent to USCIS and if they find the application somewhere under a desk and decide to process the application and the checks cannot be cashed, would the old application be sent back to me or would they issue an RFE? thank you all.

So apparently my lawyer received a request for me to send a copy of my birth certificate... why would it not show that on my case status online?

Spouse GC:
Feb 15th'08-Mailed Appl to Chicago
Feb 19th'08-Receipt of Application
---checks not cashed yet

I am in the same position, except I have been waiting almost 2 weeks longer than you. Checks not cashed yet... :confused: