Lets start with Feb Filers

way to go Feb08Filer.....your on the ball! ...now go do some jumping jacks and crunches...:);)

me, on the ball? I tried that, the balancing ball kept throwing me off. even the trainer couldn't prevent outbursts of laughter :)

I have to remind myself however about your name, seems I keep typing it more like how you ARE ... helpful :eek:... instead of hopeful

Everybody ... how's that timelines going ? who else got their FP notices this week ?

Geeeez. Canuck, I kept wondering what is that ID letter that you received on day 28 ... It's the interview Date. That only means that Bmore Hopeful, js360 & I will get those by next week also !!!!!!
All our FP dates are 19-21 march. I hope that once our Document Handler/processor - the super competent person who is handling all 3 our cases - passes it on to the DO, that they will move equally fast

Geeeez. Canuck, I kept wondering what is that ID letter that you received on day 28 ... It's the interview Date. That only means that Bmore Hopeful, js360 & I will get those by next week also !!!!!!
All our FP dates are 19-21 march. I hope that once our Document Handler/processor - the super competent person who is handling all 3 our cases - passes it on to the DO, that they will move equally fast

we can only hope. right now just the advance parole we would be happy with as my wife has not been to see her family in about a year. then the ead would be great, as we have been surviving on 1 income for myself, my wife and son for over a year. but i know im not the only one with struggles.

True words ... I have not seen my family since 2003. There have been a bunch of new kids born to my sister (whose husband I've never met) and my cousins who's spouses also I've never met.
and we also have been doing it all on one income for far too long. My hubby says that the reduced stress load once I get a job will probably cause him to retire and run the house for a year or two while I work :) and he will totally deserve that priviledge too! Until he is fully rested and the happy camper that we all deserve to be.

It's incredible the amount of stress that these laws place on couples. We would have married back in 2004 if the rules weren't so terrible for F-1 marrying Green Card. By the sound of it you also went that route. You held a GC while wife & son couldn't reasonably apply for AOS because of silly rules imposed on GC holders!? My hubby got his Oath on January as well! :) Was a huge happy day.

True words ... I have not seen my family since 2003. There have been a bunch of new kids born to my sister (whose husband I've never met) and my cousins who's spouses also I've never met.
and we also have been doing it all on one income for far too long. My hubby says that the reduced stress load once I get a job will probably cause him to retire and run the house for a year or two while I work :) and he will totally deserve that priviledge too! Until he is fully rested and the happy camper that we all deserve to be.

It's incredible the amount of stress that these laws place on couples. We would have married back in 2004 if the rules weren't so terrible for F-1 marrying Green Card. By the sound of it you also went that route. You held a GC while wife & son couldn't reasonably apply for AOS because of silly rules imposed on GC holders!? My hubby got his Oath on January as well! :) Was a huge happy day.

yup, your story sounds exactly like mine, if you dont mind me asking, where is back home for you?? this whole process from when i applied for my natz up until now everyday has been stressful, i can only hope it ends for all of us soon, and that uscis takes a good look, and fixes there unreasonable laws and processing procedures to help other families in the future.

I'm from South Africa.
You know, the most positive thing that happens from these unreasonable laws ... is that by the time us F-1's are able to upgrade our status with USCIS, we have masters and phd degrees! America wants highly educated immigrants, America will get highly educated immigrants. By the time we are all USC, we are bosses and managers everywhere you look. hAHAHAHAHa. So they can be any kind of unreasonable they want. It only makes us stronger for surviving their stresses, it makes us more determined to succeed!
where are you from ?

so true, for the overseaers, for me, not so much. im just from canada, thats what makes it hard, family so close for my wife but still cant go there. of course they could come visit us.

i just got my finger prints done yesterday(march 13th).
our appointment was at 9 am, we reached the place at 8:30 am. went through security and got fingerprints done and were out by 8:45 am.

update on the RFE that i got...called my lawyer today and she told me that she got the RFE letter in the mail today...they needed my wifes W2s from 2006 and 2007 and also a copy of this years(2007) tax return, which we filed jointly. she is sending them out wednesday and hope to have our case back on track.

klik4it keep us updated on that RFE timeline/situation... I might run into same issue as my sister who signed off on affidavit only provided 2006 w2/tax return... but she did add a letter of employment... not sure if that will rescue me from a RFE? My FP appointment is in a few hours... I'll let you know all how it goes. No LUD as of yet, but I'm not expecting one for another 2-3 weeks especially on I765.

klik4it keep us updated on that RFE timeline/situation... I might run into same issue as my sister who signed off on affidavit only provided 2006 w2/tax return... but she did add a letter of employment... not sure if that will rescue me from a RFE? My FP appointment is in a few hours... I'll let you know all how it goes. No LUD as of yet, but I'm not expecting one for another 2-3 weeks especially on I765.

when we sent in our paperwork we had sent the 2004, 2005 and 2006 income tax returns...we had printed out the tax returns from the e filing place that she used. they are asking for W2's probably because they want to make sure that the numbers are right and to verify what we submitted...know what i mean?...cos i mean you could print out forms on your own.
we did send in a letter of employment from her current employer with our paperwork.
i will keep you updated.

why are they asking for 2007 tax return, some people dont file until deadline, or get extension. i guess they find out if you did file it, theyll ask for it maybe??? i dunno. i had no w2 in 2006 as i worked in canada all year. so i sent my canadian t4 with my tax return for 06, i also had a letter from employer and sent copy of my 07 w2, but i hadnt filed my 07 tax return yet.

I think they might be asking for the 2007 because by the time you go for your interview, the filing date for 2007 returns will have passed. I mean, it would be better than receiving an RFE April 15th.

Given the choice, it's probably better to file your return earlier than delay immigration.

Just to share the hope, when I came home from my FP appointment, my ID letter was waiting for me in my mailbox. So, maybe you'll be having good news within the next week to week and half everyone!

What is your DO?

Thanks

I think they might be asking for the 2007 because by the time you go for your interview, the filing date for 2007 returns will have passed. I mean, it would be better than receiving an RFE April 15th.

Given the choice, it's probably better to file your return earlier than delay immigration.

Just to share the hope, when I came home from my FP appointment, my ID letter was waiting for me in my mailbox. So, maybe you'll be having good news within the next week to week and half everyone!

HTML:
i just got my finger prints done yesterday(march 13th).
our appointment was at 9 am, we reached the place at 8:30 am. went through security and got fingerprints done and were out by 8:45 am.

I had the exactly same experience today ;-) My appointment was today at 9am, we got there at 8:30 am and were done by 8:45am ;-)

02/29/2008 checks cashed (Day09)
03/03/2008 received NOA I-130, I-485, I-765 dated 02/28/2008 (Day12)
03/08/2008 FP notice received for appointment dated 03/15/2008 (Day17)
03/15/2008 FP appointment (Day24)

Yeah FP was smooth... 15 mins, everything done.... the only source of entertainment was the seating arrangement.... some 20 numbered chairs... every time #1 would be called... you'd see litterally 10-20 people sliding over

Update on my case ;-)

02/29/2008 checks cashed (Day09)
03/03/2008 received NOA I-130, I-485, I-765 dated 02/28/2008 (Day12)
03/08/2008 FP notice received for appointment dated 03/15/2008 (Day17)
03/15/2008 FP appointment (Day24)
03/17/2008 LUD I-485, I-765 (Day26)

Waiting... ;):)

good news guys, sees as if most cases are now appearing online after the fingerprint appt. our fp is on thursday. no one answered my question i asked earlier about my son who is only 1year old getting fingerprint appt, is this normal, i thought under 14 dont need fingerprints.