Lets start with Feb Filers

g'luck Sorrayah
your case seems to be moving super fast also:) what's your DO (District Office) so we can have a better feel for your timelines ?

Refiling!!!

csantos I hear you!!!

-- mine is worse, checks not cashed yet and jeez it has been 23 days.

Here is my question, what happens if I do not receive any notice or checks not been cashed for the next few weeks, should I file again?

The USCIS web site says it takes upto 15 weeks for processing but does not say for what cases.

If I should file again should I wait for 15 weeks before filing or can it be done earlier? Please advise.

If I have to post this question in some other forum please let me know.

Thank you all in advance.

Hey sorrayah- we have the same type of timeline- my FP is 22 days after my pckage reached into USCIS's hands jus like yours!

Yes, as Feb08Filer suggested- remind us of your DO.

Feb08Filer have you been to your mailbox for the day as yet?

im juust giving a good estimate to be safe from what ive seen here lately. but as well all know uscis is ver inconsistent and no one really know exactly how long it will take.

I know js... I was just trying to be sarcastic and lighten up the mood a bit :) Although I am curious as to what the process is like once FP is taken. Do they really wait for the FBI namecheck to clear to approve the I765? This can turn into an unwanted nightmare as I am hoping for the EAD to come soon.... and let me breathe a little bit while waiting for the GC.

Hi guys,

thank you for your wishes. I don't want to sound stupid but I am not sure what my DO is. I live in Yuma, AZ - Marine Corps Air Station. So I quess my DO is Phoenix.
BMORE HOPEFUL - lol we definitely have the same type of timeline ;-) Hopefully we are not going to have any problems with our cases and will receive green cards soon.

02/29/2008 checks cashed (Day09)
03/03/2008 received NOA I-130, I-485, I-765 dated 02/28/2008 (Day12)
03/08/2008 FP notice received for appointment dated 03/15/2008 (Day17)
03/15/2008 FP appointment (Day24)

Last edited by a moderator:
cestlavie104 - LOL that was very funny comment :p That is my wish at least. We will see...
BMORE HOPEFUL - thank you very much for help. My DO is Phoenix how I thought.

Mail person hasn't come yet. At the end of this journey I'll have supreme thigh muscles from running up and down these stairs to the mailbox so many times a day :D
I'll post immediately when I receive something. I don't even check my email as much as I've been checking all of your timelines.
Life is good

Feb08Filer... well at least you'll live a longer life to enjoy those papers... but I am debating whether that health kick might be offset by the frustration/stress arising from the very same reason that's got you training for a marathon :)

Hi! Cosmicgrin:

Does my spouse needs to accompany me for this date?
No.

Does this appointment/interview gurantees me an EAD card?
No.

What happens after this-how soon can i expect my EAD card , im a little worried because my H1B expires on 5/19/2008 and need this EAD to continue with my employer
If you have no RFE, you should receive within a month.

What do they usually issue RFE for? Would they issue a RFE when 2006 Tax Returns were submitted but by the time that is being looked at, 2007 Tax Returns are required? or would they simply expect 2007 Tax Returns at time of interview? And say they do issue a RFE... how much delay would that delay on average if anyone knows from previous timelines/experience?

What do they usually issue RFE for? Would they issue a RFE when 2006 Tax Returns were submitted but by the time that is being looked at, 2007 Tax Returns are required? or would they simply expect 2007 Tax Returns at time of interview? And say they do issue a RFE... how much delay would that delay on average if anyone knows from previous timelines/experience?

The RFE can be anything from a page you forgot to sign, the I864 with paystubs or I683. Those are just examples, there are tonnes of things they could want.

As for whether they want a 2007 tax return, my husband and I just had our interview today and when we applied in January we provided his 2004, 2005 and 2006 returns. We were not asked for the 2007 tax return (maybe because it isn't due yet?) and were approved at the meeting. So, I'm inclined to think the 2007 return isn't what they're looking for.

The RFE can be anything from a page you forgot to sign, the I864 with paystubs or I683. Those are just examples, there are tonnes of things they could want.

As for whether they want a 2007 tax return, my husband and I just had our interview today and when we applied in January we provided his 2004, 2005 and 2006 returns. We were not asked for the 2007 tax return (maybe because it isn't due yet?) and were approved at the meeting. So, I'm inclined to think the 2007 return isn't what they're looking for.

Congrats.....2 month for the whole thing.....thats really fast...Hopefully I get my Interview date soon :(

ty canuck for the insight... that's really the only thing I am hoping to avoid... but I am making sure to have the 2007 tax return available from now.. just in case :)

Got it .. I got me some FP notice :D
I'll have that with an olive please!

Same as you BmoreHelpful, Day 22 -> Finger printing.
Now I go to the gym to celebrate by swimming a bunch of laps so i'll be able to sleep tonight