Lets start with Feb Filers

USCIS is not FIFO

dammit, still no checks cashed for me. :(

Once again its being proved....lol....BTW, My check got cashed today, albeit the receipt number is not in their system yet......I think yours will be done soon too...

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the reason my checks arent cashed yet is cuz i check my bank account first thing everything morning, everyday, its all i think about.....its consuming my life, the 1700 in my bank is burning a whole in my pocket, if i was a crack fiend id be in big trouble by now, all thanks to USCIS

i think the reason my checks arent cashed yet is cuz i check my bank account first thing everything morning, everyday, its all i think about.....its consuming my life, the 1700 in my bank is burning a whole in my pocket, if i was a crack fiend id be in big trouble by now, all thanks to USCIS

Dont be so harsh no yourself.....USCIS does make people go crazy....Think about people filing through EB...Its nightmare...I was EB2 India with AOS pending and no chance of approval in near future, so I switched to family based with my USC wife ....

Inetuser... did you file thru Service Center or did you send application to Chicago lockbox? Looks like you're an employment based application if I am correct... right?

I mailed mine Feb 1st and still waiting for NOA but mine is a family based case... this is the start of another frustrating year! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Inetuser... did you file thru Service Center or did you send application to Chicago lockbox? Looks like you're an employment based application if I am correct... right?

I mailed mine Feb 1st and still waiting for NOA but mine is a family based case... this is the start of another frustrating year! :)

I think in Inetuser signature u can see I130 which is family based, petition

My this application (I-130/485) is IR-1 family based.

I have one more 485 application based on EB-3/India/PD June-05 :eek: pending with USCIS.

-8/3/2007 - married
-1/30/2008 mailed AOS
-2/4/2008-AOS received in chicago(day>1)
-2/11/2008-Checks cashed! (day>7)
-02/12/2008-received NOA1 for I-30, I-485 & I-765 dated on 2/8/2008 (day>8)
-03/01/08 biometrics appt (day>26)

Anyone knows what the receipt number starts with? I know cali has WAC, NE has LIN, SRC for TX and EAC for vermont. I dont know what the initial letters are for Chicago? Copy of my check posted shows MSC.....is this correct?

Yep, receipt numbers start with MSC081*.... Its missouri service center... I don't know why does it go there?

well, my checks arent cashed yet. i didnt think it would be cashed on a monday though. if not cashed this week i will start to really worry.

I think in Inetuser signature u can see I130 which is family based, petition

yeah but I130 can be used for employment with I140... but he didn't have I140 mentioned... just was wondering what kind of case he had since I am not familiar with concurrent filing of I130/I485/I765 for family based applications...

anyhow.... any February AOS received their NOA for applications sent to Chicago Lockbox?

well, my checks arent cashed yet. i didnt think it would be cashed on a monday though. if not cashed this week i will start to really worry.

They dont like you ;)....loll...... Joke apart, I dont think you need to worry too much as I am seeing that they have not cashed checks for people from Jan timeframe....So you should be fine... In any case, They wont do anything about it till they have your application in system which is not the case right now. And they wont search for it unless its been 90 days since you applied..... The only thing you can do is talk to lawyer again and get FEDEX tracking info, so that you can ascertain that the application did reach there on time...