Lets start with Feb Filers

BMORE HOPEFUL,

yes that is true, once you receive EAD you can continue to work. I don't know how USCIS would look at a brief period when you're not eligible to work. Technically, you should not expect EAD before 90 days from when you file and it seems like this is just about 90 days away. You don't want to be stuck in a situation where, for instance, your interview is scheduled some time after May 20 and your EAD has not come in for whatever reason. If you want to be safe, consider a joint sponsor, such as one of your husband's parents.

Same boat here... sent application Feb 1st... problem was lawyer was given money and is himself issuing check to DHS so I will never be able to tell whether check was cashed or not. I have yet to receive an I797 ... yet on the site as of Jan 15, it stated that I485 receipts were current... and now as of a few days ago... they are current on all applications as far as receipting goes. I don't want to call the firm again to make sure they received the USPS stub back... but I do know that when my parents/sisters filed for citizenship... they received their NOA pretty much instantly.... but I also know that 3 weeks might be a bit too soon to expect one and to start worrying now when there is, after all, a much longer road ahead with plenty more worrying to do!

My sister signed off on the affidavit after everyone I asked bailed out on me, or weaseled their way out of it. The only thing that might raise a flag is that her bank statement shows her taking in a 10k check Jan 22nd that she needed to fill the gap between her income and poverty guidelines for her tax return of 2006. Her 2007 tax return weren't available at the time of filing. The check was for consulting work she did in 2007 that she cashed in late for which a 1099 is now available but wasn't included in paperwork. Her letter of employment basically spells out that she is earns more than the poverty limit and her 2007 tax return at time of interview will show she earned 35k in 2007. I just hope some joe shmoe won't look at it and think we're trying to beat the system and send back application, even though she really needed that in her account to qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish you the best of luck, i called my lawyer today and his asst said he is positive that they sent the application on either 6th or 7th of feb but doesnt have any official document saying it was sent. i can only hope it was sent, i really just want the checks cashed soon so that money can be gone from my bank account.

i wish you the best of luck, i called my lawyer today and his asst said he is positive that they sent the application on either 6th or 7th of feb but doesnt have any official document saying it was sent. i can only hope it was sent, i really just want the checks cashed soon so that money can be gone from my bank account.

One on only time in your lifetime you would be so eager to give away money ;)
So I gather, noone has got receipt from Feb Applications yet? BTW, where did you mail your application? Chicago?

yes my lawyer sent to chicago....i hope, hes a lawyer, he should know where to send it. uscis reports everything is now up to date and been issued receipts. so well see in the next week or so

I think they all get sent out to the Chicago lockbox unless it's an employment based adjustment. I guess I'll have no choice but to call lawyer and find out if they got the usps stub back... at least it'll be one indication the thing was sent.

Getting ready to file in a few days, but have a few questions.

I am getting ready to file the paperwork to USCIS, hopefully can mail out in a couple of days. I have most my applications filled out and documents ready, but still have a few questions want to make sure I get them correct, can someone please give me some advise?

1) Most application forms do ask you for A# or Alien registration number. Since I am still under F-1 status, and I have applied OPT. Do I just put the A# shown on my Employment Authorization card on all applications? or should I leave it blank.

2) Someone said, when making a copy of passport of petitioner, you need make a copy of ALL PAGES. Is that necessary?

3) My wife is still going to school to pursue an advanced degree, so she doesn't have income and have not filed tax return in last three years. I don't want to use mine since very soon I will change my job. But I do have a joint sponsor to fill out another I-864, her income has met the requirement. My question is, Does my wife need to show any document or evidence to show that she did not file tax return in last three years?

Thank you very much! :)

TD

Hey SuperTD- looks like we are pretty similar cases- good questions- hopefully some one will shed some light :).

What is your DO- and when does your OPT end?

yes my lawyer sent to chicago....i hope, hes a lawyer, he should know where to send it. uscis reports everything is now up to date and been issued receipts. so well see in the next week or so

Is your check cashed yet? Or for that matter has any feb filiers got their check cashed? Its been a while, and you should have had your check cashed by now? At least that was the case for Jan filers :(

no my checks not cashed yet, and i just got a response from my lawer and they never mailed the package until the 11th of feb, it was received at uscis on the 13th. So i guess my RD is feb 13th, updating sig now. so lintas mine and your timeline should be fairly similar

Hey SuperTD- looks like we are pretty similar cases- good questions- hopefully some one will shed some light :).

What is your DO- and when does your OPT end?

Sad, no one is answering my questions. Do you have your paperwork ready to file? I am hoping to file mine by this weekend. My OPT will end in about half a year. I am in Northwest, near Seattle. Shoot me an email, maybe we can share some thoughts since we have very similar cases. :)

Sad, sad superTD. I guess this 2007 May filer here can help ya out.

1. Since you have an A#, I recommend you enter it.

2. It does say "a copy of your unexpired U.S. passport" which I suppose one could mean to understand all pages, since it's not specific on the page that they want. It certainly wouldn't hurt. But why not submit just your wife's birth certificate instead?

3. The instructions ask to attach a written explanation if the sponsor's income was too low to file for any of the three tax years. If you want to be accurate, you could even quote text or instructions from specific IRS publications showing that her income was below the threshold to file. If she had no income at all, you can probably be more general. (And keep in mind if she didn't have any earned income, maybe she had bank interest income, or received taxable education assistance, even though the total may have been below the threshold to file.) You can find prior year's tax forms and publications at unclefed.com. (Not a government website.) For example, Publication 17 might have that information. (This one is for 2007.)

why is it sad, did you ever think people dont answer cause they dont know the answer. why would we give bullshit false advise we dont know, or go look up the answer when this guy can just look it up himself.

:cool:Hey thanks Austriaus- happy some one could shed some light.

Hey TD i hope to mail my package out fedex on Monday- hope we can get everything squared away by then- i actually have alot of it toghter already- all that is left to be done is the finacial portion (urrrrgh).

I am trying to see how we can exchange our emails privately- let me know if you recieve some form of private msg from me or email ok :

hurray....checks are cashed today :) but my bank doesn't give good resolution of check so can't read out receipt number. Hopefully NOA arrives in couple of days

inetuser, when did uscis receive your package, and also why did you mail petition to remove conditions with the AOS Package?

inetuser, when did uscis receive your package, and also why did you mail petition to remove conditions with the AOS Package?

Seems like he mailed on 11th....So its about 10 days from the day of receipt...With that being said, you should see your check getting cashed preety soon....Hopefully mine gets cashed too by next week... :confused: