Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

No Title

You are absolutely right. VSC deliberately delays issuing I-485 receipts. I asked an IIO if they treat I-485 differently and she sort of admitted.

No Title

One of my wife\'s girl friends applied for EAD(F1 pratical training) in middle of June at VSC and yesterday she got the approval . She said she hasn\'t got any receipt whatsoever and didn\'t exepect an approval so soon at all. This sucks big time!

JimZ

No Title

No receipts so far. Looks like VSC is holding I485 receipts process. I don\'t think this is anything to do with the mail room problem now.

No Title

I am really tired of worring about my receipt every day, I don\'t know how many time I have visited this link( probably thousands ), every time I visited I become more disappointed. If US doesn\'t like us to immigrate , then just shut the door completely , why torture us?
we can go to somewhere else which treat immigration applicants better (such as Canada ).

No Title

I saw an entry in ISN 485 forum that a guy "JackTheKing" got his 485 cheque encashed today July 18 and expecting 485 receipt. He filed 485 papers on 4/25/01. Looks like VSC is stared processing the receipts or is it just an accident? According to the receipt tracker "infitime.com" the last receipt was issued on 4/21/01.

No Title

Looks like nobody got their receipt notice this week.
VSC is not working on the I485 receipt.

This is really sucks!!!!

No Title

that\'s right, and VSC is not working on the I485 receipts only,
I have seen all other kinds of petitions filed even in late June
got receipts.

Probably they think 485ers are the most patient and silent group,
and we are.

No Title

I don\'t think we can do anything except waiting. Be patient otherwise you would be staying in hospital before receiving greencard. I believe INS does have huge load of cases to handle at this point due to 245 and they are trying to handle those with explicit deadlines such as EAD for F1 practical training. Whether or not we got receipts, from their point of view, doen\'t hurt too much to the case themselves because of existing backlog, that is why I140s also got delayed, am I right? at least most of I140s. So keep monitorring and cheer up :)

JimZ
http://www.infitime.com

No Title

Got the 485 receipt for me and my wife..(mailed on apr 26 overnight)

RD : 04/27
ND : 07/12

Did not get receipt for EAD/AP yet..

No Title

(Continue...) So as long as the date from which 180-day safty rule counts is of receipt date, it is fine with me. So the question again goes to which date is used and I believe INS uses receipt date.

JimZ
http://www.infitime.com

No Title

Congarts INS Nightmare. Good luck with your GC processing. Are you planning to go for EAD using the 90 day rule? Please let me know as I am planning to do the same thing too.

No Title

i guess u need EAD receipt to get an interim EAD.

i dont know why u haven\'t received your EAD recipt, if you filed together.