Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

No Title

From www.immigration-law.com:

Updated 07/15/01: Legalization of 3 Million Undocumented Mexicans on the Horizon or Just a Dream?

The New York Times reports that: Secretary of State and AG John Ashcroft are expected to submit to the White House in the next few days a draft plan which includes legalization of more than 3 million undocumented Mexicans in this country. Legalizing the status of undocumented Mexicans is a top objective of the Roman Catholic Church and immigrant advocacy groups, especially Hispanic organizations. The President of Mexico, Fox has also made legalization of his undocumented compatriots in the U.S. a top priority. Fox is likely to raise the issue when he makes a swing through mid-America, Chicago, Detroit and Milwaukee, in the next few days to meet Mexican-Americans and seek support for new U.S.investment in Mexico. Powell and Ashcroft are to meet with their Mexican counterparts in August. Bush and Fox want to announce a major migration initiative at their summit meeting in Washington starting Sept. 4. The options under consideration in the plan involve different ways in which millions of Mexicans living in this country illegally could earn lawful status during the next several years. Options probably would be based on the immigrants\' employment records, family ties in this country and how long they have lived here. Many details of the proposal are still unresolved, and no final decisions have been made.

The White House needs to submit plan to the Congress for legislation. It is unclear how this proposal will square with the pending 245(i) bills including one bill that proposes to make 245(i) permanent.

No Title

now we should understand that why bush sanctioned 500m dollars for INS budget. its not for us.

No Title

The procedure is someone has to have a motion and make it a proposed bill. Then congress has to discuss and pass the bill. Then senates have to discuss and pass the bill. Then the president has to agree and sign the bill. Given the democrats controling the senate, we are even not so sure about the bill passing the senate.

The poor mexicans. At least they are here working for a living. Lots of americans living on welfares.

No Title

Guys, do you think it will have direct influence on us soon? Please answer...

BTW, support 485suffer!!!!

raj2000 is right, did anybody get receipt today? Please please let us know and please update the www.infitime.com page!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!

No Title

Guy\'s,

I think we are supposed to talk about the Receipt Notice/Notice dates here under this Forum.
Please do not fight over other issues under this discussion let\'s keep this alive by just tracking the RD/ND only.
Anaybody got RD/ND for filing I485 after April 26th 2001 at VSC please post your detail\'s

Thanks

No Title

From your messages what I am getting is it is fair to enter US other than legal ways and still expect good treatment. May I know why? Will mexicans allow people from Africa whose living std is less than them to enter Mexico and treat them good. I accept the politicians are not playing fair games and I also accept that Mexicans might be working hard. But in no way they should be treated above the current US citizens and legal immigrants.

No Title

JimZ:

My RD is 4/23. My attorney received the receipt on Monday. I don\'t know the ND. My attorney\'s office will mail me a copy of the receipt this week and I will update my ND then.

No Title

You filed the case on 4/20 and your RD is 4/23. Both are pretty close and I assume 4/23 is the date when their mailroom stamped your mail upon receiving. However I have seen some cases\' RD are one month away from the filing date. Don\'t know why.

JimZ

No Title

I guess your case might have already been entered into the system.
like my money orders are still uncashed and i received my receipt notices after 12 days of notice date.

I\'m not in a hurry to get an EAD, so i\'ll wait.

No Title

Anyboday got Notice filled after April Last week

Mine is send papers 485/EAD/AP on 5/18/01
No news from my lawyer or from INS

No Title

Have anyone received May, June 2001 & July 2001 receipt for I485 or any news one VSC started issuing Receipts for this period?

No Title

Looks like VSC is going to make 3 months receipt time a standard,
I don\'t think they still have mail contract problem now, they just leave 485 cases on the side.