Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

No Title

Lawyer\'s office contacted the INS today and she was informed that they are opening the end of Feb applications.

And since I have a valid H1-B, the lawyer asked me to travel even if I don\'t have the receipt. Any experience with this?

Please advise.....

No Title

still doing Feb ?
are they kidding ? I got the same answer a week back.
Stupid INS.
--
yes you could travel on H1 as long as its multiple....

No Title

Updated list sorted by filing/receipt dt. Please let me know if I missed anyone.
I hope INS is done with FEB cases. Looks like the only way to know whats going on with INS is to track the cases.

guest1947 & patient_immig, thanks for your update. You will surely get your receipts & AP by end of next week.

No Title

This is not good.

Updated 06/21/01 at immigration-law.com: Service Center Frontlog Problem Follow-Up

Uninformed sources indicate that the contractor who was expected to be replaced by another contractor allegedly filed a lawsuit seeking injunction against the INS on Friday, June 15. Consequently, the Service Centers apparently continue to experience a serious frontlog.

No Title

will INS come up with a solution for filers who are waiting
for the receipt ?
something like if you have filed for EAD then you could go to
local INS office and get a temp EAD card without receipt or
something like that....
bcoz Im in a very bad shape. My H1 extn pending for more than 7 mnths.
and my I94 expired 7mnths back. I may not be able to work after
july mid..(>240 days)

No Title

I think sueing the contractor is a good idea. Any ideas on how to get more information on this contractor? I need EAD badly. I heard that Boston local office issues EAD on the same day with receipt notice. Can anyone shed more light on this?

No Title

I need to travel to China on 9/1. Not sure whether I can get AP and EAD by that time. It is ironic if it takes four months to just get the receipt. My H1 visa\'s two entries are expired. Anyone knows whether I can revalidate somewhere, like Canada?

No Title

Thanks GC. However, my visa expired more than 1 year ago. I don\'t think I can revalidate it in US.

No Title

what visa ru in ?
my first 3 yr expired and applied for h1 extn long back...
still pending..> 7mnths...
my 240 days graceperiod ending in july...
I donno what to do..
I cannot leave US cuz I havent got my AP/485 receipt yet...
same thing with you ?

No Title

My first H1B approval notice is good to 4/2002. However, the visa stamp for Chinese are 6-month 2 entries only (unlike people from the other countries who can get 3-year visa). And it was good from 12/15/99 to 5/15/00. So now the visa is expired, but I am still in good status (I have almost 1 more year on my 1 H1B).

So I don\'t think I can revalidate the visa in US. My question now is:
(1)whether I can get I1485 receipt in less than two months, so I can go to local INS for quick EAD and AP.
(2) if i cannot get I485 receipt in 2 months, whether I can still apply another 6 month visa while I485 pending?
(3) if the answer is yes to the second question, then whether I can get the visa in Canada safely, without I1485 receipt?

No Title

My RFE response was fedexed on May 24. I called the vsc twice, today was told that it was received on June 10 (sunday?), and to check in 60 days.

No Title

I was told this morning by a lawyer office that they received receipt for H-1B application filed on May 25. Can someone confirm this? Did VSC treat H-1B, I-140 and I-1485 differently for ND?