Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

No Title

U.S. Visa News Headlines
www.usvisanews.com

Flood of Petitions Creates Delays at Vermont Service Center

By Orlando Sanchez Date: 6/12/2001

Even as heavy rains inundate the Southern lowlands of the U.S., another flood of sorts is underway at the INS Vermont Service Center (VSC). A crew of 70 INS employees is working around the clock to fight the downpour at the VSC mailroom. But the problem in Vermont is not too much water. It\'s too much paper.

As of June 6, the VSC mailroom had a frontlog of close to 200,000 pieces of correspondence awaiting sorting and filing. The dormant correspondence includes thousands of new petition filings, responses to RFEs, and letters sending in LCAs which have yet to reach examiners\' desks. Accordingly, petitioners who filed any of these cases after early April may still be waiting for their receipts.

The mailroom flood is due largely to an increase in filings under Section 245(i) of the Legal Immigration and Family Equity Act of 2000 (LIFE Act), which allowed out-of-status individuals to apply for permanent residency before April 30, 2001, without leaving the U.S., VSC representatives said. Additionally, the INS is currently in the process of switching its mailroom contractor by June 15.

In addition to the 70 employees assigned to deal with the deluge in filings, VSC is allocating almost all of its staff overtime to opening and sorting the mail and preparing the files for adjudication. Currently, only TSP applications and I-129s are processed with the overtime hours and some staff members formerly assigned to I-140 cases have now switched their focus to these petitions.

While the other INS Service Centers may also be experiencing similar delays, information from those Centers regarding the mailroom frontlogs is not yet available. We will post updates on the situation as we obtain them.

No Title

For tired_one

tired_one - 10:25am Jun 13, 2001 EST

Filed on April 10th, RD 10 April, ND June 5th , received yesterday by mail. And then.... the long wait continues

All waiters hang in there they are getting to yours soon

No Title

For CK485

I had sent my EAD application on April 30th(FFEDEX). I got my receipt on 26th May. Details are RD: 05/01/01 and ND:05/22/01.
Hope this helps.

No Title

As reported, the Service Centers have been experiencing serious frontlogs owing to 245(i) cases that poured into the system on or before April 30, 2001 and change of contractors that handled mails. New contractors took the job on June 15 and this will substantially improve the frontlog problems in all the Service Centers. Frontlog has been presenting a number of problems who needed Receipt Notice to apply for EAD and/or AP at INS District Offices in some jurisdictions and to take a new H-1B employment by H-1B professional upon filing a H-1B petition by a new employer. Please stay tuned to this website for the development.

No Title

Hi,

If I filed 485 on 6/12 but won\'t receive Receipt from VSC until October 10, what will be my filing date for the 180-day rule? Does the 180-day starts to calculate from 6/12 or 10/10?

Thanks,

No Title

Hi

Filed for EAD and AP on Apr 20 . Got the receipts ( RD 23/apr ND 17/may ) around may 24.Also received
the Advance parole approved on may 24.
Just waiting for the EAD approval.

hope this helps in tracking.
RajK

No Title

this reply to
Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

here are my details
PD 01/12/1999
I-485 RD 09/27/2000
I-485 ND 10/25/2000
FP done on 01/17/2001