Lets Start Jan 2002 Appointment, Delhi Thread.

Bombay P4 content posted by skarekat.

>

FOR ALL IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS: IMPORTANT NOTICE

1. As of January 1, 2002, ALL immigrant visa applicants over age 16 MUST
   present Indian Police Certificates. Two certificates must be obtained as
   follows: 1) a certificate from your local police station; 2) a certificate
   from your Regional Passport Office.

2. For security reasons, applicants are NOT permitted to carry sealed
   envelopes into the consulate, except for the medical report from the panel
   physician. When you appear for your interview, please remove all required
   documents from envelopes prior to entering the building. The Medical Report
   SHOULD REMAIN SEALED.

3. Please read carefully the requirements regarding evidence of financial
   support in the U.S. Please bring ALL required documents from the petitioner
   and (if required) the joint sponsor on your FIRST visit. AVOID THE EXPENSE
   AND INCONVENIENCE OF A SECOND TRIP TO THE CONSULATE. >
   NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING SPONSORS\' MINIMUM INCOME REQUIREMENTS.
   >

>

Chennai guys have not recd. this notice in their P4. Too much for Inconsistency ??
Delhi guys should also expect the same I suppose.

Collection of Packet 4

Hi Raj10 and others:

Here is what they told my family regarding Packet 4. They have not yet sent out Packet 4. Incase Packet 4 has not been received by December 31, then a copy can be collected on the applicant\'s behalf in person.

If any of you get different information, please post here or send a private message.

If I get any info on Packet 4, especially regarding confusion with PCC, I will post.

Later!!

Re: FOR ALL IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS: IMPORTANT NOTICE

My friend has suggested to his lawyer that he call the embassy tonight to speak to the chief consular officer. Also the lawyer says he is thinking about preparing a technical & legal argument on this issue for my friend and have it sent to the consulate. He will argue that such a regional passport office document is "unavailable" as per Indian govt. policies for its citizens residing abroad & that consulate certificates are a verification for the entire country and cover all periods of stay for the individual. I suggest you talk to your lawyer about the same. Also AILA is another organization that should be made aware of this development. AILA phone: 202/216-2400.

P4 Letter

The letter seems generic for all people, including people applying for family preference visas who currently reside in India. So getting a PCC from the local / regional passport authorities in India makes sense for them. The issue is what do people who apply from the US do?

Since I lived in Singapore, I got a PCC from the Singapore Govt, NOT the local police station in Singapore. The US consulate accepts this since this is the policy of the Singapore Govt and I am puzzled why they wont accept the Indian govt policy that PCCs are issued by the Indian consulate in the US. Sometime back someone (Sudhirkumar?) posted that the lady in Delhi told him that the instructions for PCC will be there in P4. But this seems to be missing from the Bombay letter.

It\'s a traffic nightmare going from Karol bagh to Consulate

during office hours....the main traffic is between Karol Bagh and Connaught Place...
if u r taking a hotel, i\'d suggest u anything in Southe delhi (suth Ex, Green park, Hauz Khas, vasant vihar etc) or Connaught place,
if u r stayin with somebody, then u can try to leave early on both days - for med checkup and for interview.
anyway at worst it won\'t take more than 90 mins....my 2 cents :)
Hope it helps

WHICH AIRLINE?

i AM ALSO LEAVING FOR INDIA ON 23RD FROM DETROIT.

MY interview is on 15th Jan???

what have you done for ur PCC???

airfrance

from dallas to delhi via paris.
I got US consulate PCC and have asked friends to try to get from India. Have fingers crossed.

Finally got Appt for Jan 30th. GREAT NEWS - PCC FROM US CONSULATE IS ENOUGH FOR CP.

Its odd as people whose P3 reached after me have dates before me too.
Anyway

GOOD NEWS.

I spoke to the lady inn detail again today. I phrased and rephrased 4 times about the PCC from India.
Each time she has confirmed that the PCC from US COnsulate is sufficient for CP.
I repeat I asked her 4 times by phrasing and rephrasing if PCC from US is sufficient and each time she said Yes.

Regarding P4 by hand. She said we can do it even today. i.e any day from today.
I am planning to get it collected in 1-2 days.

Congrats Sudhir!!

This is great news!!!
Are you planning to book your tkts now?
We should keep in touch.

Delhiites ...

This is not relevant to CP - but I think Delhi locals will take pride in answering!! :)

What are the good places to visit in Delhi - Maybe do some not too expensive shopping too!! - as there\'ll be some free time in Delhi!

Raj..Delhi has quite a few places to visit..

Laal kila, kutub minaar, lotus temple..You can also visit pragati maidan if any internatioal event runs those days. Jantar mantar is also worth giving a visit. you have cemetries of various Indian leaders also to vsit.

Shopping places : Lajpatnagar, sarojini nagar, karol bagh(you will have to do a lot of
 bargaining..upto 60-70% bargaining in karol bagh)

expansive places(worth to avoid) : south ext, palika bazar

called US embassy.....

Hi Friends,

I just called emabassy and got Jan 17 as interview date.

Sudhir , how come ur date is Jan 30th as ur case has been
entered 2 days after my case. So please confirm once more
as I dont trust that lady word , I will do it again before
doing my airline bookings. Please update us too , if there
is any change.

thanks!!!!

Appointments are based on random order

better confirm before booking.
If it was Swamy or Kiran in US consulate I would trust them...If it was Chitra no way

Yes I am confused too. I asked her two times.

I even said "IS IT 3 and a 0 JAN. She said yes.

I have seen lot of cases where they have assigned it randomly.

My feeling is that even though P3 were opened with delays, the receipt date of the P3 is what they go by.
Or they might go in a alphabetical order. U never know.

But it is a good idea. I will call up in 1-2 days again and reconfirm before making reservations.