how long does it take to get card?

100 days since RD for EAD

Hi all,

My case:
RD:08/06/01
ND:09/26/01
AP Approved : 10/05/01
Still waiting for EAD
It has been 100 days. I am noticing from this thread that EAD applications that specifically have ND 09/26/01 are not approved. Many EAD Apps with ND after 09/26/01 have been approved so far.

I just talked to an IIO at VSC. She told me that my case got assigned to an officer on Nov 7th. Since yesterday was holiday, so give some time. She also told me to check with my Local INS office if they would issue a temporary EAD since it has past 90 days. Did anybody of you know of anyone who took a temprary EAD. Although niether me nor my wife need the EAD right now, but it feels comfortable to have one!!

Anybody else in the same boat, Please post.
Thanks!!

Same situation

EAD/AP at VSC

RD 08/06/2001
ND 09/26/2001

AP approved on 10/26/2001 (received on 10/31/2001)

So far no sign of EAD.

EAD/AP recd

MD - 8/13(roughly)
EAD Card Recd - 10/26 (couple days later for my wife)
AP - 11/9 for both of us

hope it helps -
also anyone know how long it\'s going to take from this point??
cheers

Mail Date Aug 20, Got my receipts just now

Mailed date to VT Aug 20

RD Aug 23
ND Nov 02

Lawyer sent copies of receipt notices for AP and EAD

Will update if i hear something else

Barani

No Title

This process is strange at VSC. No clue on what basis they allocate.

Mine

RD Aug 20, ND Oct 18
Have received Notifications to mine and wife only but did\'nt receive for child eventhough all applications ( 485/EAD/AP) applied in the same envolope.

Many readers in this column already received their AP/EAD cards who are also applied during the time my case was submitted.

... and still counting (plus my experience with IIOs)

You got this right. My dates:

RD: 08/07/01
ND: 09/26/01

There is something rotten about this date Sep 26th. I called INS yesterday (it was not that bad, only 50 minutes and I was talking to a human being) to inquire. Imagine my confusion when the IIO told me that if I want to go to local INS office I should begin counting from ND !!! I know it is not right, it is RD that matters, but after a couple of minutes of useless attempts to explain my point I gave up. What is more frustrating is that the IIO kept telling me they have received the application on Sep 26.

But I don\'t like being treated like this. So I checked the major web sites, and I am telling you, it doesn\'t help. Some say RD, other ND. However, the I-765 form, on page 2 states clearly that Interim EAD is issued if INS does not adjudicate within 90 days of RECEIPT of a properly filed EAD application. So I called this morning again (another 50 minutes) and as I suspected, this time the IIO was friendlier then the one yesterday. The case is with an officer, expect decision within 3 weeks. And yes, start counting from RD.

Hope it will take less than 3 weeks to approve something which should be automatic with AOS application.

Spoke with a IIO at VSC today...

Was told that EAD\'s are taking 60-90 days from the ND..I finally got my receipt details but that\'s all she would tell me :-(
MD 8/31
ND 11/7

received receipt

received receipt today from attorney.

MD 8/30/01
ND 11/6/01.

keep posting.we can keep track since we have similar dates.