Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

Yes, but what else we can do?

we have to make some fun out of this painful process, otherwise, I
doubt at the very end everybody still keeps sane. Receipt issue
is just the beginning of this whole chain of mess, more will come down the road, I am sure .

all receipt waiters, please check http://www.immigration-law.com breaking news

it has latest progress on mailroom frontlog.

No Title

Wonderful news! I wish we could get our receipt as soon as possible.

Although today we didn\'t see a receipt, but it is still full of hope!

Thank you!

This is Good, Mailroom contractor problems solved

We are really on top of all this with our tracking. Here is another confirmation from immigration-law.com.

Updated 07/27/01: Good News for INS Frontlog Problem

People have been nervous about not receiving the Receipt Notices for various types of cases that even go back as early as April, 2001. Recently, people have been receiving receipt notices for certain cases such as I-129 nonimmigrant cases, I-765 EAD applications, etc., but not I-140 and 485 cases which were filed months back. Besides, when it comes to I-140 filings, the cases which are filed during the last week and afterwards were receiving receipt notices, but not the cases which were filed months ago.
Here is what is going on. As reported in May on this web site, the Service Centers faced a serious frontlog problem because of the two reasons: First was the flood of 245(i) cases, mostly family-based immigrant petitions. Secondly and mostly importantly, the INS was scheduled to have a new contractor that handles mail-room and data-entry duties, but the INS was tangled with the dispute with the old contractor which reportedly even developed into a court battle. These two factors led the Service Centers into a "truely" emergency, mails being piled boxes after boxes without being opened. To deal with the emergency, the Service Centers mobilized the officers to handle mail-room duties and data entries.
Now, the teleconference of AILA with the INS HQ on July 19, 2001gives people a good news. It indicates that the new contractor began work at the Service Centers, and over the last two weeks has made noticeable inroads in the frontlog. Most cases are now awaiting data entry, which means that receipts may not have been issued yet on some cases dating back to the 245(i) deluge in April. INS has no estimate yet on when the frontlog, which still consists of about 700,000 cases, will be caught up, but notes that it is giving highest priority to time sensitive cases (such as I-129s) and cases involving EADs. It is likely that once the frontlog is caught up, the backed-up cases will then become part of an expanding backlog in adjudications.
This answers the questions why so many I-140 cases which were filed even in April have yet to receive the Receipt Notices. Apparently, I-140 cases are not considered a priority case. Some recently filed I-140 cases received the Receipt Notices apparently because the new contractor started opening the incoming mails. It is thus apparent that the old I-140 filers need to maintain some patience. Some old filers have been refiling I-140 to take advantage of the situation, but it will turn the frontlog situation worse and the INS may not tolerate it. It may be painful, but we need some patience here.
The 245(i) last minute filers are particularly concerned about whether their cases are considered "filed" before the end of April since their last minute filings have yet to be acknolwedged by the Service Centers in the form of Receipt Notice. But the INS confirms that the mails have been stored such that the physical receipt evidence is preserved. There may be some problem cases, but people should not worry too much about the unusual circumstance.

Hope it will catchup quickly.
Thanks

Get finger print notice for EAD

After got my receipt last week, I got the finger print notice for my EAD in philadelphia INS. I may get my AP in a week or so. I will let you know when it happens.

No Title

Are u sure its a finger print notice for EAD ? I think it would be for your 485. I know a couple of years back u needed to have a signature card sent with your EAD application with ur finger print on it but now its is optional. I still think its an FP notice for your 485.

No Title

what does this mean. are the new applications going to receive the receipt along with the old applications.

No Title

Absolutly, maybe they get the receipt before you if you are an old applicant, because yours is still in the box, theirs could be open as soon as the package came.

No Title

thanks shanxin

but i am actually a fairly new applicant. my package was sent out on 16th of july along with ap and ead. my only worry is i need to go to india around mid sept and want to get the ap before that.

I don\'t think so , only for I-140 could be LIFO, read carefully

Please read carefully with that post on www.immigration-law.com ,
it only mentioned some irregularity of I-140 receipts, didn\'t talk about I-485 at all, for latest I-140 filers , they could get receipt before old filers, but for I-485 , it\'s still FIFO, that\'s why we didn\'t see any CONFIRMED June filers or July filers got receipts while April and May cases are gradually getting it.

No Title

Let\'s wait and see, just hope when everything is back on, all of the waiting people could get their receipt soon. And I think in Sep, newgc could get his receipt and AP, too.

I pray, pray, pray...

No Title

thanks shanxin, my only worry at this point is gettting ap. hope our prays come true.

The data in infitime tracker pretty accurately justifies what Immigration-law\'s news

From immigration-law
"...This answers the questions why so many I-140 cases which were filed even in April have yet to receive the Receipt Notices. Apparently, I-140 cases are not considered a priority case. Some recently filed I-140 cases received the Receipt Notices apparently because the new contractor started opening the incoming mails. It is thus apparent that the old I-140 filers need to maintain some patience. Some old filers have been refiling I-140 to take advantage of the situation, but it will turn the frontlog situation worse and the INS may not tolerate it. It may be painful, but we need some patience here..."

In infitime, we have an applicant named "strange", who filed I-140 on 7/19, has already got notice dated on 7/23.

So be patient.... This week we are going to see more advances

JimZ

No Title

Hi, I am the "strange." I also have a I-485 case filed on June 3rd, and there is no response yet. Since I am laid off, in case the I485 is jeopardized, I refiled a NIW case, and received the receipt without any delay.

Any Receipt Today?

What Happen to the site infitimes.com, today it not working?

Hope this week we can see considerable amount of Rd notices!!.

Keep the thread alive

The site will be back in the after

Yeah, we are going to see a lot of movement this week

JimZ